Can you really relax when trading?

graceheather

Active Trader
Jun 25, 2010
You can do your best to be relaxed.

Somehow the pressure will still come in.

Firstly, you must consciously tell your brain to be relaxed.
Then for a period of practise, you start to be able to take more pressure.
However, if the pressure is higher than your brain threshold, you still feel pressured.

It is always your Threshold VS Level of Pressure.

LollyPop

Active Trader
Mar 26, 2010
but if there is a connection problem when i doing real time trading, how can I relax? Did you all ever face this kind of problem? connection lagging when doing trading..

LollyPop

Active Trader
Mar 26, 2010
Then how u solve this kind of problem? thinking of getting a better connection? so that will not face this kind of problem again to avoid lost our money..

Andrew101

Active Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Manchester
Even with good money management plan, I still get apprehensive. I am anxious about how my trades are going to turn out. So I can't really be in a relaxed mood when money is fully involved.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Basically, when I see market moves to touch my TP then I feel really great! But when I see opposite moves then I feel reverse.

Ulacan

Trader
Feb 21, 2019
If you'll take it as some other job where you'll need some dedication you will get used to be relaxed over time. Don't take it as granted though. It's only at first times you really get nervous, if you do not play on the last money, all should be fine I think;)

• 👍
Reactions: Helloyees

Helloyees

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
It is nant ot always easy to fullry relax when trading, especially for newbies. There is always that fear of the unknown which every trader should overcome, since fear and greed are a trader's worst enemies. Its important to stay focused while trading, but being too relaxed can also make you sluggish in acting when you need to. Avoid a big ego

Dictorsto

Trader
Dec 23, 2018
I really dont think that any trader can be completely relaxed when trading. Certainly, when your position is in green territory, it provides sort of relaxation, but if not, then your senses are alerted thinking what to do next in order to minimize losses

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I really dont think that any trader can be completely relaxed when trading. Certainly, when your position is in green territory, it provides sort of relaxation, but if not, then your senses are alerted thinking what to do next in order to minimize losses

Not at all; until you get your TP! By the way, scalpers open so many trades in everyday; so their job is much challenging!

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
sunday afternoons invariably have my full undivided attention doing the countdown till the markets opening...... but that is more like the childhood anticipation on christmas morning.....

after that initial opening hour, the slow bobbing price movement on the 240 and daily charts will put me to sleep.....

the price will do what it wants to do..... starring at it all day has never helped at all......

so yes, for me, no doubt trading is so relaxing that is hard to stay awake...... thanks for that should go to renat fatkhullin and the guys at metaquotes......

metatrader alerts will wake me up when it's all over......h

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
sunday afternoons invariably have my full undivided attention doing the countdown till the markets opening...... but that is more like the childhood anticipation on christmas morning.....

after that initial opening hour, the slow bobbing price movement on the 240 and daily charts will put me to sleep.....

the price will do what it wants to do..... starring at it all day has never helped at all......

so yes, for me, no doubt trading is so relaxing that is hard to stay awake...... thanks for that should go to renat fatkhullin and the guys at metaquotes......

metatrader alerts will wake me up when it's all over......h

Thanks for sharing your experience. By the way, open and close my chart according to my trading plan only; not for any specific trade position.

Onanak

Trader
Feb 5, 2019
I think that discussion in this thread is very good. It shows actually how much emotions are there in trading Forex. And we were all thought that we should leave emotions aside when we are trading. I hope that everyone will be able to see how hard this task is

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I think that discussion in this thread is very good. It shows actually how much emotions are there in trading Forex. And we were all thought that we should leave emotions aside when we are trading. I hope that everyone will be able to see how hard this task is

Basically; only pro traders can do so! With an ordinary trading skill, it’s quite impossible to handle own trading skill so smartly!