Can you really relax when trading?

Robert2

Active Trader
Nov 29, 2009
CYPRUS
www.forextradingbasics.co.uk
I am interested to know if particularly the more experienced traders can be completely relaxed when trading.

I am beginning to find it much easier now that I have the confidence by knowing that I am now a profitable trader. However in the early day's of my trading I was always a bundle of nerves every morning before trading.

I found it difficult to be totally detached from a trade and being like this affected my ability to make good decisions.

I found that it was a case of retraining the subconcious, as soon as my subconcious was convinced that I was successful, I became successful.

The power of the mindset in trading is immense.

Robert.

john1986

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2010
I don't think its ever that relaxing. No matter how experienced you are. Theres still alot of pressure.

WalkieTalkie

Master Trader
Feb 19, 2009
Yes, I am relaxed in a sence that I am not nervous. The secret is that I never invets more than I can afford to lose.

Last edited:

daniellefr

Active Trader
Jul 2, 2009
I can never completely relax, even when I follow every word of my plan and invest sums that i can lose. The element of surprise is always present it forex, no matter how well prepared you are. For me, once I am in the trade, my heart beats faster...

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
Newbies find it difficult initially while trading at Forex, but once you set a good trading plan for yourself, you can certainly relax a little bit. But as it is said earlier Forex always has a certain amount of surprise element in it, so you always need to be on your toes to take the right decision at the right time.

Amna Joseph

Banned
Mar 1, 2010
Well for me, I find it pretty balanced now. The more you trade the more pressure you are in. I believe in making less trades but the confident one.

Sofia

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2009
In my case, i kinda differ from what Amna said, i rather believe in making more and more trades in a day try to gain smaller pips in each trade. This definitely helps me to endure my trading skills as well.

Suppose i open up a trading position of 100 000 units with EUR/USD. For each pip i will now earn $10… Closing in with only a 3 pip profit brings it up to $30 — not bad for less than a minute of work…

Amna Joseph

Banned
Mar 1, 2010
Thats what i have said, you are confident of gaining 3 pips so you closed the trade. thats what i wanted to say, make only confident trades and never try to make n number of trades without any base.

F_B

Active Trader
Mar 18, 2010
im am relax also, because i know that my margin are on track.. money management are important when u trading with this risky game..

Forexcube

Master Trader
Dec 2, 2009
Switzerland
www.forexcube.ch
I am an experienced trader and I have learned to control my emotions. The first two years was horrible and extreme, due to the fact that forex trading is one of the hardest work what you can make, when you will do it right. I have to learn my own money- and risk-management and trading style(s), ...when I have to trade and when not. Nowadays I have to wake up at 2:00 o' clock in the morning at asian session (GMT +1) if market are volatile, several times per month (maximum 2 - 5 x).

To cope your skills are very important beside trading. Be sceptical at your decisions and make reflections. If I make analysis I use minimum 1 - 2 hours for working out the multiple time frame analysis for one currency pair - so if I want to analyise 4 currency pairs, I have to work minimum 4-6 hours.

cognition and psychology is one of my important interests, so I

make 2 x meditation at the day à 15 minutes or 2 x 30 minutes, in the morning and in the evening.

make 2x - 3x fitness per week.

trade only 9 months per year.

and look to have good friends.

I am married and have two adult children.

Now I trade over seven years.

Hope it give some ideas.

Good Luck

Forexcube

Last edited:

Amna Joseph

Banned
Mar 1, 2010
Thats why it is important to be relaxed and calm. Sometimes in emotions we do something which we regret later. Therefore it is important to be relaxed and calm so that we are confident about our trades and we don't make mistake while trading.

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Yes & no, it is important to stay "relazed" & emotionally stable when trading, but equally important to always stay on your toes!

cmaq

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2010
I think you can relax while trading, don't let emotions get in the way. They are a recipe for disaster. Even if you make a bad trade there are ways to recover from it and hedge risk.

marvin090

Active Trader
May 2, 2010
i am not expert but i can say that it is i can not relax sometimes cause trading is is unpredictable even with all those strategies and tools available. it is really a matter of taking risk but still i make sure to trade when i am ready to,

microgenius

Active Trader
Apr 22, 2010
At first, when I lay myself to sleep, I can't help but think about my trades. But later, as long as I have my stop losses and take profits are set, I can totally forget about my trades.

Right now, I'm quite relaxed, despite the fact that I'm currently up by 80 pips on a short on GBPJPY. :D

jieloe7

Active Trader
May 26, 2010
Indonesia
Must people can not really relax when trading forex :p. Me too...but I always keep positive thinking that I will be success and it help me to get more fun when trading :)

LollyPop

Active Trader
Mar 26, 2010
Did you realized the connection wise when doing trading? Because connection is the main concern for us when doing the real trading. I tried before that because of lagging connection, I lost some sort of money.!!