Artificial Intelligence

JackP

Trader
Nov 4, 2011
Discuss Artificial Intelligence expert advisor. Artificial Intelligence is a simple neural network, which should be taught before running (use strategy tester to optimize the parameters for your currency pair, timeframe and time interval). You can ask any questions about this expert advisor here.
First line Indicator _1 crosses upwards Reverse > into < for downwards
the second line of same Indicator and repaints.
Indicator _1 Indicator _1 I have no idea how to formulate an EA
Shift: 1 > Shift: 1 for this situation. I would appreciate any
mode:first line mode second line kind of help cq assistance.
Signal type Instant Repaint signal line _1 Jack P,Knoop
jpknoop@earthlink.net

hublari

Trader
Apr 9, 2012
Hello Enivid:

¿ Can you add ECN mode in this expert ?

thanks in advance and sorry if my english no is good.

PD .Thanks for this nice site

castlebrook

Active Trader
Nov 1, 2012
EA Trades Immediately

When I load this EA it immediately takes a trade. Surely this can't be right?
Happens on all pairs.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
perceptron() > 0 else

hey castlebrook...... yes this is correct..... as it is written, unless perceptron() == 0 which would be rare, a trade will always be opened on the first tick..... it also is not nfa compliant, if that makes a difference with your broker.....

the perceptron() here is using iAC...... the basic premise is to reduce whipsaws by blending recent iAC values with past iAC values along with various extra weights.....

it can be modified to use almost any indicator or price such as , high,low,close..... it's hope is to keep you in the trend......h

Amon

Trader
Nov 20, 2012
Hello, if anyone is currently using this EA, how often do you get a signal? I have it running on five pairs over a day,
not a signal yet.

Last edited:

johnyjj2

Trader
Feb 24, 2013
What are possible ways of extending & use "Artificial Intelligence Expert Advisor"?

Hello,

I just wanted to become a little bit more familiar with neural networks in EAs so I have downloaded your EA to have a look at it. I've downloaded data from http://www.forextester.com/data/files/GBPUSD.zip (and used period_converter to create GBPUSD H1 from M1) and changed two settings - lots and initial deposit (to reasonable values 0.3 and 5000 EUR).

I have backtested it on the period 2012.01.01 - 2013.02.08. What I can see is loss of 42% in that period (the same results for both models 'every tick' and 'open prices only').

How am I supposed to use this EA? There are four parameters (and SL as fifth one) so that would be terribly time consuming to backtest it (however, if 'open prices only' model is acceptable, it would take much less time).

Has this EA been used for real trading or is possible to use on real account?

I am not afraid of making programming changes to its code but I need to know a little bit more about some main ideas behind it.

I have spent some time on trying to add auto-optimization feature to the other Expert Advisor. So I know how to change values in the MQL code. I have decided in that other EA to create external application in C# to help me with backtesting auto-optimization feature.

I thought that auto-otpimization should be something like - you have two variables to optimize (here we have four variables so that's too much to manage it easily), you have their ranges (start, step, stop), you perform optimization regularly (for example every day at the same time), you change parameters after that optimization and so on.

How does idea connected with this expert advisor differ from what I have just described above?

Regards!

metaneural ea

Trader
Feb 25, 2013
This happens to be somewhat of my expertise, artificial intelligence Expert Advisors that is, and I have to say that this EA is not the real deal. And they way you'll be able to tell if A.I. EAs are what they claim is by asking how the EA is trained, because it cannot be trained solely inside of Metatrader. I don't want to burst any bubbles but it's the truth.

metaneural ea

Trader
Feb 25, 2013
Because if it isn't using a powerful data processing enging like matlab or neurosolutions then how will it extrapolate from the data it is gathering from the market to make predictions accurately?

There are so many complex patterns even been 10 bars, distance from closes to highs to lows to volume etc. The more of these you can process and the more powerful your 'engine' is to process it the more accurate the next 'predicted' event will be. This cannot be done only in Metatrader, sorry, it is a fact.

Sorry, but why EA cannot be trained solely inside of MetaTrader?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Because if it isn't using a powerful data processing enging like matlab or neurosolutions then how will it extrapolate from the data it is gathering from the market to make predictions accurately?

MQL is a Turing complete language - it allows extrapolation with whatever algorithm you decide and program.

There are so many complex patterns even been 10 bars, distance from closes to highs to lows to volume etc. The more of these you can process and the more powerful your 'engine' is to process it the more accurate the next 'predicted' event will be.

That assumptions needs a proof, but it is not the point. MetaTrader can handle any amount and type of calculations, the only restraining factor is speed.

This cannot be done only in Metatrader, sorry, it is a fact.

Sorry, but it is not a fact unless it is proven. Perhaps, your definition of "AI EA" is different from mine but, actually, nearly any MetaTrader EA is a neural network, which is manually trained each time a trader uses strategy tester optimization.