Aroon Up & Down

grado

Active Trader
Nov 7, 2009
not easy to use, how do I know the the red line is in the middle, or blue line is rise. not accurate to indicate.
What's the time fame range of this indicator? short term trading use or long term?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
not easy to use, how do I know the the red line is in the middle, or blue line is rise. not accurate to indicate.

You can just look at the indicator and see whether the red line is in the middle or the blue one is rising. What's the problem?

What's the time fame range of this indicator? short term trading use or long term?

Short to medium term. Long-term trading wouldn't be very good with this indicator, in my opinion.

pkry15

Active Trader
May 20, 2010
Alert

Can anyone please modify the indicator to include an email alert whenever there is a crossover. This way I can decide whether if i want to trade during the crossover or not. 1 hour time frame please.

Thnak You

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008

This indicator is effective in intermediate term trading, long term it would be better to use another. Simply look to see if its rising :)

Ntshanel

Sep 25, 2015
Aroon Up & Down alert

Can anyone help me buy modifying the code for Aroon Up & Down indicator such that the alert comes on when one line hit 100 mark while the other line is below 30 mark.

This works much better for me than when they are crossing.
Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Ntshanel

Sep 25, 2015
on Up & Down alert

Try the attached one.

Thanks a million Enivid, you do not have an idea how much you assisted me with the modification of this indicator. This will go a long way on my side.
I will test it properly on Monday
Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Andy O

Trader
May 10, 2016
There's an error in the code that makes the values of the indicator only whole numbers. The reason is when an integer is divided by integer in mql4, the quotient is also an integer. One way to fix it is to make the dividend a floating point number as shown below. Then the quotient and the final result will be a floating point number.
MQL4:
AroonUpBuffer=100+(100.0/ArPer)*(UpBarDif);            //Adjusted Aroon Up
AroonDnBuffer=100+(100.0/ArPer)*(DnBarDif);            //Adjusted Aroon Down

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for reporting this bug! It is now fixed both in MT4 and MT5 versions of the indicator. Though, I must admit that it did not have much of effect on the actual indicator display. Here you can see the old version at the top and new version at the bottom:

aroon.png