Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid.
Thank you for implementing Margin Level.
in the example shown below from the instructions
  • Margin level becomes less or equal to a given percentage value. E.g., margin level falls to or below 55%.
When there are no trades running it does not seem possible to set a value 55% and in actions disable autotrading.
What happens is autotrading is disabled as soon as the check box is selected. I assume that is because there are no open trades.
What I was hoping to do was to have is set at 100% (with no trades currently open) and after a trade or trades are opened and then if the margin falls below 100% autotrading would be disabled but the existing trades would continue.
Looks like a bug! I will check this and fix in the next version.

ntk98

Jan 10, 2022
Sometimes we observed spike upto 60 or 80 pips when do challenge, could you help with advise how we should set max lot size or maybe options in account protector so the account wont be burnt in this case? for FX, or commodity and in case of indices

I I use account protector on Gold with the condition
- floating loss rises to % of balance set to 4
-equity <= % of snapshot set to -4
I realize I can not set % in decimal, like 4.5, (because at 5% trial account is already disabled by host before account protector could perform) why it is preferable to set % INTEGER? 5% or 4% is very large difference

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sometimes we observed spike upto 60 or 80 pips when do challenge, could you help with advise how we should set max lot size or maybe options in account protector so the account wont be burnt in this case? for FX, or commodity and in case of indices

I I use account protector on Gold with the condition
- floating loss rises to % of balance set to 4
-equity <= % of snapshot set to -4
I realize I can not set % in decimal, like 4.5, (because at 5% trial account is already disabled by host before account protector could perform) why it is preferable to set % INTEGER? 5% or 4% is very large difference
If the price spike bypasses your SL, it will also bypass the Account Protector - it cannot save from such spikes.
You can set fractional values for percentage fields. E.g., you can set Float loss rises to % of balance" to 4.5.
The "Equity <= % of snapshot" should be "96" in your case, not "-4".

• 👍
Reactions: ntk98

ntk98

Jan 10, 2022
If the price spike bypasses your SL, it will also bypass the Account Protector - it cannot save from such spikes.
You can set fractional values for percentage fields. E.g., you can set Float loss rises to % of balance" to 4.5.
96 not -4 lucky I ask you bout that

ntk98

Jan 10, 2022
keeping the lot size just at the max level, to surely cope with a spike of 60-80 pips I think it would not make sense as the lot would be too low to generate any general worthwhile trading profit to be called FX day trading, at least could you tell me how we quickly calculate that lot size. Is there an tool I can use to check that critical size before news or during hand-over time?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
keeping the lot size just at the max level, to surely cope with a spike of 60-80 pips I think it would not make sense as the lot would be too low to generate any general worthwhile trading profit to be called FX day trading, at least could you tell me how we quickly calculate that lot size. Is there an tool I can use to check that critical size before news or during hand-over time?
You can use our Position Size Calculator to calculate lot size based on the SL distance. However, it won't let you know how big the spike will be during a certain news release.

jaypebe74

Jul 13, 2022
LOVE your EA, thanks! ... any chance a feature can be added to "Not disable timer" when triggered" ? In my case I want the condition to happen each day.
Post automatically merged:

First off, I love your EA!! very complete. It would be great if there's a feature that "Does not disable the timer" ... I would like the condition to remain each day. Is that possible ?

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
LOVE your EA, thanks! ... any chance a feature can be added to "Not disable timer" when triggered" ? In my case I want the condition to happen each day.
First off, I love your EA!! very complete. It would be great if there's a feature that "Does not disable the timer" ... I would like the condition to remain each day. Is that possible ?
I'll see what I can do. The problem with this is that if the timer condition isn't reset, it will continue to trigger many times while the minute changes to the next as the timer's precision is in minutes. For example, if you set it to 12:00, and it triggers at 12:00:00, then if we do not reset it, it will then go on triggering until the time changes 12:01.

jaypebe74

Jul 13, 2022
I'll see what I can do. The problem with this is that if the timer condition isn't reset, it will continue to trigger many times while the minute changes to the next as the timer's precision is in minutes. For example, if you set it to 12:00, and it triggers at 12:00:00, then if we do not reset it, it will then go on triggering until the time changes 12:01.
Ah. I understand. Hours would be good too. For example, I use only night scalpers. And mostly all trades that run more than 3 hours end up losers. So I want to use this EA to close trades out at a certain time. (Ps. there's a few other EA's that do roughly similar, but not so good as this one....) ... anyways, keen to see it as future update (o:

Blurob29

Trader
Mar 5, 2022
Can Account Protector move SL when position moves to a selected Pip level ? So if I wish to protect say a 50 Pip Gain but think there may be more can my SL be move so the trade continues?

is there another EA I could use?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Can Account Protector move SL when position moves to a selected Pip level ? So if I wish to protect say a 50 Pip Gain but think there may be more can my SL be move so the trade continues?

is there another EA I could use?
You mean to move the SL only once or continually, like a trailing stop? It can do both actually. Once - with the breakeven and breakeven profit settings. Continually - with the trailing stop settings.

Blurob29

Trader
Mar 5, 2022
You mean to move the SL only once or continually, like a trailing stop? It can do both actually. Once - with the breakeven and breakeven profit settings. Continually - with the trailing stop settings.
I want SL to breakeven at 60 Points. Then move when position is at 100 Points. Profit Value(Points) to set SL BE 600 and Breakeven extra Profit Value 1000. Is that correct?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I want SL to breakeven at 60 Points. Then move when position is at 100 Points. Profit Value(Points) to set SL BE 600 and Breakeven extra Profit Value 1000. Is that correct?
No, there is no setting that would allow moving SL to 60 pips (in loss) when the price hits breakeven. The "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven" field and "Breakeven extra profit value (points)" field work like this:
Once the position's profit reaches "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven", the position's SL is set breakeven + "Breakeven extra profit value (points)".

It won't let you set SL to 60 points once the position hits its breakeven.

Blurob29

Trader
Mar 5, 2022
No, there is no setting that would allow moving SL to 60 pips (in loss) when the price hits breakeven. The "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven" field and "Breakeven extra profit value (points)" field work like this:
Once the position's profit reaches "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven", the position's SL is set breakeven + "Breakeven extra profit value (points)".

It won't let you set SL to 60 points once the position hits its breakeven.
Sorry I didnt explain properly. When the position moves to 60 Pip Profit I wish for the position to move BE. Then if the position moves to 100 Profit I want the SL to move to 100 so the trade can continue.
Post automatically merged:

Profit Value points 600 and Breakeven EXTRA PROFIT VALUE 400

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry I didnt explain properly. When the position moves to 60 Pip Profit I wish for the position to move BE.
This is possible. Set "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven" to 600 and "Breakeven extra profit value (points)" to 0.

Then if the position moves to 100 Profit I want the SL to move to 100 so the trade can continue.
This is possible in theory but impossible in practice because no broker will allow you to set SL to the current price level. Otherwise, you'd just use another AP instance to set "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven" to 1000 and "Breakeven extra profit value (points)" to 1000 too.

Blurob29

Trader
Mar 5, 2022
This is possible. Set "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven" to 600 and "Breakeven extra profit value (points)" to 0.

This is possible in theory but impossible in practice because no broker will allow you to set SL to the current price level. Otherwise, you'd just use another AP instance to set "Profit value (points) to set SL to breakeven" to 1000 and "Breakeven extra profit value (points)" to 1000 too.
Of course that makes complete sense. I will have to trail SL when it reaches 100 .....

jaypebe74

Jul 13, 2022
Enivid, if the timer on seconds, gives an issue. An action that doesn't disable for daily close at "hour" is also perfect. (o:)
But no pressure ..