3 little pigs indicator and strategy

forexdm

Trader
Oct 16, 2021
Hi, i have been trading forex for a few years and really am just treading water getting nowhere with it. I stumbled across the 3 little pigs mechanical system and liked the sound of it. I tried getting the indicator but forexuseful, where the indicator could once be obtained from, is no longer working and i was wondering if anyone had a copy they would be willing to share please?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Hi, i have been trading forex for a few years and really am just treading water getting nowhere with it. I stumbled across the 3 little pigs mechanical system and liked the sound of it. I tried getting the indicator but forexuseful, where the indicator could once be obtained from, is no longer working and i was wondering if anyone had a copy they would be willing to share please?
//---

hey dm...... indicators like that are fairly easy to recreate...... usually if we can see it, we can write it......

helps being that it's only using 3 simple moving averages...... the weekly component will introduce short term lag, but in the long term should not pose a problem......h

Fried_Rice

Active Trader
Aug 30, 2021
What made you decide to go for this particular indicator without having tested it? There's thousands upon thousands of indicators out there..... Just curious.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
What made you decide to go for this particular indicator without having tested it? There's thousands upon thousands of indicators out there..... Just curious.
//----

a pdf describing the rules along with some supporting info is freely available...... typically most indicators for sale will be presented in a favorable light..... he did not say but perhaps he read that pdf......

multi timeframe moving average systems can appear good at first glance...... the chart below shows the latest usdjpy buy using those rules which was 1200 pips..... scrolling back to the prior sell it was at best, 500 pips..... the buy before it was clearly whipsawed.....

moving averages lend themselves to multi time frame analysis quite well..... you can achieve similar results using a single time frame while varying the moving averages periods......

providing you have the proper amount of lower timeframe data......h

//------

usdjpy-h4-oanda-division1-3.png

//----

usdjpy-h4-oanda-division1-2.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
same principle applied while using raghee horners 34 period ma......

10080, 1440, 240 tfs..... buying and selling the initial agreement only......

does not work as well with momentum or strength indicators....... ie, stoch, macd, rsi..... and such.....h

//-----

eurusd-d1-oanda-division1-2.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
yet another example this time using only the single 60 minute period..... otherwise the same principle of buying or selling the here 4 initial agreements..... clearly marked with the red and lime horizontal lines.......

here the lower 3 rows are moving averages and the top seemingly spotty row is the ljsig. which is itself based on the traders dynamic index and the hiekin ashi..... the moving averages and ljsig themselves are on the chart as well for verification........ someone pushing the idea might zoom in so that first losing buy was not seen,,,,,,

there are some advantages to using a single timeframe while widely varying the moving averages values..... the effect is similar......

looks almost good enough to sell on ebay for 9.99..... limited edition..... one day only and just 3 copies left......h
//-----

eurusd-h1-oanda-division1-3mal-s.png

//------ zooming out for a clearer picture........

eurusd-h1-oanda-division1-zooming.png