3 little pigs system

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
someone asked here about the 3 little pigs system..... the pdf is on the net..... basically it's a multi time frame moving average trend following trading system.....

here is my version of the indicator, code and video to explain.....

i have written dozens of these multi time frame type indicators..... they seem to suit my style......

will post some more this week....h

//-----

//----
usdjpy-d1-oanda-division1-daily.png

//----

usdjpy-m5-oanda-division1-5-minute.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
It looks like you forgot to attach the actual indicator here...
//----

oooppps.....

btw, i found the free pdf on the strategy but did not want to upload it till asking you.....h
//----

Attachments

• 3 little piggies.ex4
    16 KB · Views: 50
  • 3 little piggies.mq4
    5.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

zanny

Trader
Feb 8, 2022
Thankyou so much for sharing this information, been following you for a while I really love what you do and how you think before you enter into trades

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
here is the pdf.....

be sure to read page 23...... words like realistic potential always appeal to me...... as does multi timeframe analysis.....h

Attachments

• 3 Little Pigs.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 53

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Thankyou so much for sharing this information, been following you for a while I really love what you do and how you think before you enter into trades
//---

thanks zanny..... it was all those years of trading first and thinking second that made me wonder if perhaps it should be the other way around.....

still fall victim to impulses every now and then...... h

• 👍
Reactions: zanny

zanny

Trader
Feb 8, 2022
Just one questions is the 3 little piggies non repaint, I mean does it ever repaint or is it 100% non repaint indicator
Post automatically merged:

It looks like you forgot to attach the actual indicator here...
someone asked here about the 3 little pigs system..... the pdf is on the net..... basically it's a multi time frame moving average trend following trading system.....

here is my version of the indicator, code and video to explain.....

i have written dozens of these multi time frame type indicators..... they seem to suit my style......

will post some more this week....h

//-----

//----
usdjpy-d1-oanda-division1-daily.png

//----

usdjpy-m5-oanda-division1-5-minute.png
Hayseed I just wanted to ask is there any chance the indicator could repaint or is it 100% non repaint just wanted to get the answer from you, Thankyou

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Just one questions is the 3 little piggies non repaint, I mean does it ever repaint or is it 100% non repaint indicator

Hayseed I just wanted to ask is there any chance the indicator could repaint or is it 100% non repaint just wanted to get the answer from you, Thankyou
//----

hey zanny..... this is a perfect example of why to never use anything without the mq4......

i would never say anything was 100% non-repainting...... your talking about math being applied to ever changing data set..... the math is in many cases comparing small numbers...... so there is always the chance something might change by a microscopic amount and have a large impact......

moving averages using the platforms included iMA() function should reliable...... or at least would cause me no concern.....h

zanny

Trader
Feb 8, 2022
//----

hey zanny..... this is a perfect example of why to never use anything without the mq4......

i would never say anything was 100% non-repainting...... your talking about math being applied to ever changing data set..... the math is in many cases comparing small numbers...... so there is always the chance something might change by a microscopic amount and have a large impact......

moving averages using the platforms included iMA() function should reliable...... or at least would cause me no concern.....h

I tested out the 3 little piggies and it repainted, really badly repainted on me on the 1hr timeframe on EURCHF
(Using my phone and I don’t know how to post picture on this website)

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I tested out the 3 little piggies and it repainted, really badly repainted on me on the 1hr timeframe on EURCHF
(Using my phone and I don’t know how to post picture on this website)
//-----

hey zanny..... how where you testing it...... i have seldom had luck using metatraders strategy tester using mtf indicators...... quite often they don't plot at all or don't reflect properly......

the strategy itself is sound, so it might be my code.....

naturally you must wait until the weekly bar has finished...... and because it uses the close on the weekly timeframe, no trades could have been taken on any movement this week..... the earliest you can trade on this weeks price movement is after this weekly bar closes this coming sunday......

will look at my code in any event.....h

zanny

Trader
Feb 8, 2022
//-----

hey zanny..... how where you testing it...... i have seldom had luck using metatraders strategy tester using mtf indicators...... quite often they don't plot at all or don't reflect properly......

the strategy itself is sound, so it might be my code.....

naturally you must wait until the weekly bar has finished...... and because it uses the close on the weekly timeframe, no trades could have been taken on any movement this week..... the earliest you can trade on this weeks price movement is after this weekly bar closes this coming sunday......

will look at my code in any event.....h
These are the images that I took when I was testing it live… I don’t know that I have to wait till the weekly bar and the daily bar close… maybe that was the case. But here are the images… maybe there was something I didn’t understand sorry from my side

I was live testing it

Attachments

• 03D38C52-3B65-4633-9462-5D8EBAA68AA0.jpeg
    03D38C52-3B65-4633-9462-5D8EBAA68AA0.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 27
  • BEC29E13-1D56-484D-9968-726B92642D92.jpeg
    BEC29E13-1D56-484D-9968-726B92642D92.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 26