Brokers - Which Do You Use??

terminatorfx

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2009
IBFX is a great broker but they require $250 opening deposit. MasterForex is a great broker too and they will open accounts worldwide for $1. They also give great bonuses every month.

I honestly don't think that $250 is that much, come on, think about it. With some brokers you need as much as $50,000 such as Dukascopy. Also, does the amount required to open a live account have a correlation with the service and trading conditions provided? If you find $250 too steep, then my broker (AC-markets) is not for you as you will need $2000, but if you can manage that amount then you will benefit from tight spreads, as with most good brokers, and more importantly, trading is solidified by an execution that is second to none, all with guaranteed fills with any market orders. The cherry on the pie? they are also Swiss!

Last edited:

funtrader4

Active Trader
Oct 26, 2009
I trade with WSD:

1. Low spreads
2. Regulation by NZX
3. Funds held in client segregated accounts
4. Guaranteed stop loss order executed
5. Min $ 100 deposit
6. User friendly trading platform
7. Excellent customer service 24x5.

Forex247

Active Trader
Sep 14, 2009
I honestly don't think that $250 is that much, come on, think about it. With some brokers you need as much as $50,000 such as Dukascopy. Also, does the amount required to open a live account have a correlation with the service and trading conditions provided? If you find $250 too steep, then my broker (AC-markets) is not for you as you will need $2000, but if you can manage that amount then you will benefit from tight spreads, as with most good brokers, and more importantly, trading is solidified by an execution that is second to none, all with guaranteed fills with any market orders. The cherry on the pie? they are also Swiss!

I never said that I personally thought $250 was too much. I was simply stating a fact. The truth is, a lot of traders worldwide view this amount of money as being a lot of money. Many traders are from poor countries where this is a large amount of money for them.

Also, I would like to add that IBFX no longer has the $250 opening deposit. And the $20 convenience fee for credit card deposits is gone too. They changed this a week or two ago.

funtrader4

Active Trader
Oct 26, 2009
With the number of brokers available growing every month, choosing a broker can be difficult. Which broker do you trade with & why?

It was infact a difficult decision. But before i decided to trade with WSD as my broker, these were the things that i looked for:

• Tight spreads
  • Whether it was regulated
  • Whether it offers clint segregation accounts
  • If i could trade in exotic currencies
  • Mt4 platform
  • 0 commision
  • Instant execution of my order
  • Customer service.

darfx

Active Trader
Dec 3, 2009
casablanca
i have been trading with Instaforex, fxdd , FXCM..
i advise you to trade with instaforex because of small spreed, MT4, minimum deposit, they support many e-currency, and you can chose between euro and usd to deposit / withdraw .. and many features

daniellefr

Active Trader
Jul 2, 2009
Nowadays it's harder to find a Forex broker with commission than without it. By the way, the spread is no different from the commission. So, this whole "No Commission" thing is just a part of promotion aimed on the newbie traders.

Very good point! No commissions - no such thing. Even when you don't feel when commissions are being taken (aka spreads), there can be all kind of rollover fees, withdrawal fees, unactive account fees etc etc etc. Nothing comes for free, especially not in forex!

flame.ghoul

Active Trader
Apr 23, 2010
I trade with the following FX Brokers:

FXOpen
Private Scandinavian

FX Open has a better user interface, but Private Scandinavian has a more stable connection. Rarely does prices "freeze" with Private Scandinavian.

pandaren_brewmaster

Active Trader
Apr 20, 2010
I have already heard of Private Scandinavian, and a friend has told me about it.

Order execution is good, more reliable than the other brokers he have already tried. I still have yet to trade with Private Scandinavian though. I'll give feedback once I open an account with them.

pandaren_brewmaster

Active Trader
Apr 20, 2010
Just opened an account with Private Scandinavian. I must say that trading really feels refreshed, as trade execution really is fast, and customer care is excellent. Maybe its because of the fact that they are relatively new. Hopefully, they can sustain this good impression on me. Will update some more later.

pandaren_brewmaster

Active Trader
Apr 20, 2010
I'm back with some additional comments.

The MACD indicator used with Private Scandinavian's Metatrader appears to be faulty. I'm not familiar with their version of MACD. I had a chat with them, and was given a link and instructions on how to update it. As apparently, it was Metaquotes problem, not theirs. Overall, not really a problem.

Trading remains hassle-free, and I hope it remains the same.

vinacz

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Hi!
I have 3 different broker accounts, all micro, im mainly testing different strategies :)
Dukascopy due to low spreads
FXCM
And recently decided to try aaafx connected with zulu, took a promotional offer :D

Devid Jones

Active Trader
Aug 27, 2010
I have been trading with IBFX that you have in the list of brokers. I have never had any problems with them at all. There spreads are great and customer service is polite and fast.

anna575

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2010
Hi

Thanks for the nice reviews. I think FXOpen is very good broker for many reasons. Most important they are paying my profits. I also trade with this broker.:D

nicko

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2010
I'm with Go Markets from Australia and have had no issues..previously tried fxpro, fxcm, easyforex and always had hassles