alireza

Trader
Jul 27, 2021
Hello to all
I have an indicator that does not transmit any information to the data window.
I need the information of this indicator in the data window to write an expert.
I would be grateful if anyone could help me, and when this indicator shows the numbers one, two and three on the chart, show the price of that candlestick in the data window and zero on the other candlesticks.
As a thank you, after the expert is ready, I will definitely share it with you.
Thankful

Attachments

• show123v2.rar
    9.1 KB · Views: 4

alireza

Trader
Jul 27, 2021
For an indicator to display data in the Data Window, it needs to have indicator buffers. So, you have to add buffers and assign price values when the 1/2/3 objects are created on the chart.
Please help me further as I do not know how to do this.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I need the information of this indicator in the data window to write an expert.
//-----

hey alireza..... you probably know, but some might not, that is a ross hook 123 indicator from around 17 years ago......

expert advisors can be written without information in the data window...... experts can do the required math themselves in which no indicator is needed...... the indicator route like your wanting is often the quickest though.....

sometimes it's best just to start from scratch and write a stripped down new version ...... similar to fractals......

that might be the case here......h

Attachments

• Law_of_Charts.pdf
    187.3 KB · Views: 3
  • JoeRossForex.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • show123_Rh_BB.pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Joe Ross - TTE.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 3

alireza

Trader
Jul 27, 2021
//-----

hey alireza..... you probably know, but some might not, that is a ross hook 123 indicator from around 17 years ago......

expert advisors can be written without information in the data window...... experts can do the required math themselves in which no indicator is needed...... the indicator route like your wanting is often the quickest though.....

sometimes it's best just to start from scratch and write a stripped down new version ...... similar to fractals......

that might be the case here......h
Thanks for your tips
I have been working on this indicator manually for a long time and I have reached positive results. I have already decided to prepare an expert. All I need to do is display the buffers in the data window.
Thank you if you make changes to this indicator until the numbers one, two and three appear on the chart, the price for that number will be displayed in the corresponding buffers in the data window.