Forex Trading Experience

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
Hey everyone,

I'm sure there are varying levels of experience here when it comes to trading. Some of us have been trading for years, while others are just starting out, I'd like to get everyone's take on how long they have been trading & how they think experience helps traders(if at all).

So here's the question, how long have you been trading Forex & what role do you think experience plays in trading?

Thanks in advance for your response!
I have been trading for 10+ years. I am still not a full time trader though. I trade part time and I am happy with the return. I do not take much risk. I do not have that much investment either. However, I have a plan to be a full time trader once I get very consistent.

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
I have been trading for 10+ years. I am still not a full time trader though. I trade part time and I am happy with the return. I do not take much risk. I do not have that much investment either. However, I have a plan to be a full time trader once I get very consistent.
I have also completed 10 years of trading in the forex markets as a part time trader :)

BritneyHolden

Mar 28, 2022
It’s been around 3 years since I started to trade forex. The most important lesson I learnt was never to try to rush things. Your strategies take time to show results and you better stick to them until you have tried every possibility in the market.

Leigh Clarke

Banned
Apr 22, 2022
I started off as a forex trader when covid started. I didn’t understand a thing when I was a beginner. I even thought that all that I read about forex was a lie. But now that I have started making money, I have realised that my patience and disciplined approach helped me stay in the market for so long.

Leonzio Necci

Banned
May 5, 2022
You need experience to trade and you need to trade to gain experience. There’s no way out. It’s up to you to decide what you can do to survive in the market.

Flophouse

Mar 22, 2022
Understanding the complex nature of the forex market is very important for a trader seeking long term success. It takes time, experience and with every trade made, traders learn.

Lee-me

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
I have been trading for a few years now, and I believe knowledge is more important than experience here. I don't think someone with zero knowledge is better at trading in comparison to someone who is well educated on and around the market. My point is that knowledge is what will give you the basis you need to start working, and without it, going into trading in the hopes of just gaining experience and going from there can be a painful process. Though as you move forward, the role experience starts to become much more significant if you learn from your past.

May 13, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm sure there are varying levels of experience here when it comes to trading. Some of us have been trading for years, while others are just starting out, I'd like to get everyone's take on how long they have been trading & how they think experience helps traders(if at all).

So here's the question, how long have you been trading Forex & what role do you think experience plays in trading?

Thanks in advance for your response!
Experience is super important in everything, and sometimes we might have to pay a lot to get it, but without it, we can't learn and become experts. In trading it matters a lot because it teaches you how to make better choices and handle risks by learning from what's happened before.