My Simple Strategy

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
At least we know we definitely got this one wrong! Thanks for getting involved, wanorbit. I think this week still has the potential to do well. Let's see how it closes off! That goes for all of us.
we got it right, but UK market opening at 8am reversed the trend, thanks!

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
If I were you, I would have used CCI zeroline cross as a rolling 50 (50% pullback) instead of using the extremes which are honestly useless because the volatility of the markets can change very quickly and the market makers will always try to pull liquidity away to shakeout the weak handled buyers/sellers. Also, you might want to add in a 50 and 200 days moving average to get a heads up on positions of the large specs.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
If I were you, I would have used CCI zeroline cross as a rolling 50 (50% pullback) instead of using the extremes which are honestly useless because the volatility of the markets can change very quickly and the market makers will always try to pull liquidity away to shakeout the weak handled buyers/sellers. Also, you might want to add in a 50 and 200 days moving average to get a heads up on positions of the large specs.
Thanks, loneblade. Give it a run and let us know how it works out. Cheers!

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
Have you tried this yourself? I'm pretty happy with my current set-up, but if you want to give your method a try and share your results with us, that would be great. Cheers!
If you are happy then go ahead. I am only giving you a suggestion to improve your retail system. Since there is no yield spread value for your directional bias, you will have to ride the trend assuming you know how to detect commercial bank traders coming in. There is too much concept to know if a retail trader wants to fade during an institutional accumulation phase. Without the concept value lines or order-flow tools, they can never trade like me even if they copy exactly my template.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
If you are happy then go ahead. I am only giving you a suggestion to improve your retail system. Since there is no yield spread value for your directional bias, you will have to ride the trend assuming you know how to detect commercial bank traders coming in. There is too much concept to know if a retail trader wants to fade during an institutional accumulation phase. Without the concept value lines or order-flow tools, they can never trade like me even if they copy exactly my template.
I am more than happy to have your suggestions. All I am asking you to do is show how your suggestions would improve my results., i.e. chart examples, backtest, etc. You suggested a CCI zero line cross, and a 50/200 moving average combo, but you have given no examples that compare my results with your results. Later you talk about "yield spread" and "concept value lines" that apply, but firstly, I have no idea how "yield spread" applies here, and frankly, I have never heard the term "concept value line" before. Your clarification and expansion on these is welcome, and necessary if you expect me to take them serious enough for inclusion in my strategy. Cheers!

• 👍
Reactions: Erebus and wanorbit

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
I am more than happy to have your suggestions. All I am asking you to do is show how your suggestions would improve my results., i.e. chart examples, backtest, etc. You suggested a CCI zero line cross, and a 50/200 moving average combo, but you have given no examples that compare my results with your results. Later you talk about "yield spread" and "concept value lines" that apply, but firstly, I have no idea how "yield spread" applies here, and frankly, I have never heard the term "concept value line" before. Your clarification and expansion on these is welcome, and necessary if you expect me to take them serious enough for inclusion in my strategy. Cheers!
you are right gazfx, no talk, he should implement the strategy and post at least 6-month proof before any consideration, the simple strategy is as measurable as good as it can be, third party add ons would devalue/deviate the strategy poorly, thanks for sharing the simple strategy, some of my trader friends love it and i have referred them to you via your forum link if they have any questions! happy good friday.

• 👍
Reactions: GazFx

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
you are right gazfx, no talk, he should implement the strategy and post at least 6-month proof before any consideration, the simple strategy is as measurable as good as it can be, third party add ons would devalue/deviate the strategy poorly, thanks for sharing the simple strategy, some of my trader friends love it and i have referred them to you via your forum link if they have any questions! happy good friday.
You have hit the nail on the head. The central concept is simplicity and commonsense. Any add-on, if included, must improve strategy outcome in a measurable way without devaluing or complicating the strategy. Simple ALWAYS works best. At the end of the day we are simply looking for opportunities to enter an existing trend. There are many ways to achieve this, both simple and complex, but the objective remains the same.

Thanks so much for sharing this with other traders, wanorbit. No wonder subscribers and views are increasing at the GazFx You Tube channel, with support like this. Happy Easter to you.

PS As hoped for, the rest of last week delivered results. Not as good as I had hoped, but with the Easter period and a short trading week, we had to take the safe route and close-out trades early. Still, another week awaits us.

• 👍
Reactions: Erebus and wanorbit

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
You have hit the nail on the head. The central concept is simplicity and commonsense. Any add-on, if included, must improve strategy outcome in a measurable way without devaluing or complicating the strategy. Simple ALWAYS works best. At the end of the day we are simply looking for opportunities to enter an existing trend. There are many ways to achieve this, both simple and complex, but the objective remains the same.

Thanks so much for sharing this with other traders, wanorbit. No wonder subscribers and views are increasing at the GazFx You Tube channel, with support like this. Happy Easter to you.

PS As hoped for, the rest of last week delivered results. Not as good as I had hoped, but with the Easter period and a short trading week, we had to take the safe route and close-out trades early. Still, another week awaits us.
We noticed that if D1 is not in a strong trend of the simple strategy for H4, its best to close in the next 4hours if in profit as reversal is imminent, what your thoughts on this?

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
Nah, I don't expect you to take them seriously anyway. Cheers!

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
We noticed that if D1 is not in a strong trend of the simple strategy for H4, its best to close in the next 4hours if in profit as reversal is imminent, what your thoughts on this?
My solution is to let the 3 and 5 period smoothed moving averages on H4 chart guide your decision. This way I don't need to concern myself with the D1 trend. It's not a perfect solution, especially if the market suddenly gets very volatile (you have to use your own discretion at times), but it will get you out quickly and often with a profit. Not sure if you have seen my "Exit Strategies" video where this is covered in a little more detail:

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
How can I take you or your suggestions and advice seriously when you are not prepared to back your ideas with examples? Words are cheap, Loneblade!
The point is I don't need you to take my suggestions and advice seriously lol. I am neither here to sell any retail systems nor am I here to gain subcribers for monetization. I am not allowed to leak out any institutional concepts since they are proprietary. You and wanorbit can go ahead and take that I am talking nonsense. I find it very troublesome to convince retail because guys like you love taking things for granted.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
The point is I don't need you to take my suggestions and advice seriously lol. I am neither here to sell any retail systems nor am I here to gain subcribers for monetization. I am not allowed to leak out any institutional concepts since they are proprietary. You and wanorbit can go ahead and take that I am talking nonsense. I find it very troublesome to convince retail because guys like you love taking things for granted.
OK, so now you've got yourself out of joint, simply because I ask you to demonstrate your suggestion. Nobody said you were talking nonsense. But you have come into this thread with suggestions and advice for others, you have given no examples or demonstrations, and now you say you are "not allowed to leak out any institutional concepts" because they are proprietary. Why make a suggestion in the first place if you're not allowed to expand? That's what I find troublesome. When was the last time you accepted the advice of a complete stranger that won't provide even the slightest verification? This is not a criticism, Loneblade, but a reasonable response from someone that's been around the circuit many, many times. As they say, "Beware of strangers bearing gifts!"

• 👍
Reactions: Erebus

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
OK, so now you've got yourself out of joint, simply because I ask you to demonstrate your suggestion. Nobody said you were talking nonsense. But you have come into this thread with suggestions and advice for others, you have given no examples or demonstrations, and now you say you are "not allowed to leak out any institutional concepts" because they are proprietary. Why make a suggestion in the first place if you're not allowed to expand? That's what I find troublesome. When was the last time you accepted the advice of a complete stranger that won't provide even the slightest verification? This is not a criticism, Loneblade, but a reasonable response from someone that's been around the circuit many, many times. As they say, "Beware of strangers bearing gifts!"
You have a chart and a CCI, all you have to do is to backtest when CCI crosses the zero line, mark a line on which candle or a MA during that zero line cross. Wait for a pullback to that level and trade it. Everyone can try it themselves. No trader is going to spoonfeed something that can be easily done. Ordering people to post a 6 months results is ridiculous. You think people are working for you, treat people with respect not slaves. Anyway, if you don't accept it, go ahead. I already said I won't spoon-feed anyone here. Period.