Forex trading is long time career to sustain daily life?

Dec 18, 2020
Hi,

I always have this question in my mind and many of them having too. I always thinking professional full time Forex trader do really make money?, How much they make?, Is Forex trading is a really way to be rich?

I know some here some will say Yes or some say No.

peoples do Jobs, Offline business (Offices, Hotel, agency, etc), online business (Affiliate, Ecom, freelancer, advertising, etc) and others, to sustain there daily life and needs. These are the careers peoples choose and do full time successfully for longer time or lifetime.

But do peoples really make long time profit from trading for longtime/lifetime? can being a only full time Forex trader is enough to live a life and fulfill daily needs?

I know Rich peoples, Entrepreneur, Business man do trading in there regular life and earn a lot from them but for them trading is not a primary career, they do trading to secure there investments and to grow there profits. So is it good make trading as a primary career?

Anyone here, do trading for above 15+ years? and with only trading they living life?

Here, I am not talking about Forex brokers, Fund managers, IB/Affiliate Forex commission earner, Investment companies, Signal providers, EA/Indicators sellers, Forex/Meta-trader Freelancer, (Of course these peoples make tons of money) So exclude them. I am talking about Individual/Retail traders.

Can anyone answer this?

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
Forex trading is type of business which can be risky for many traders, and this is why you will see many of the traders are making a loss here in this business. We must understand this fact that that making money from the business of Forex is one thing and being able to depend on this business for income is another thing.

A lot majority of the traders are doing their trading only on a part time basis.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
How much money a trader makes depends on how good they are at trading and how big their account is. Obviously a professional trader with a big trading account would be able to invest more and therefore profit more. That is, if they are good at trading.

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
It totally depends upon the skill set of the trader and also the amount of investment made matters. A higher lot size can bring higher profits but it can lead to losses too. So, make sure you study the market well and give good time to practicing.

• 👍
Reactions: e_abrams

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
It totally depends upon the skill set of the trader and also the amount of investment made matters. A higher lot size can bring higher profits but it can lead to losses too. So, make sure you study the market well and give good time to practicing.
I used to trade with too large lots as a newbie, and that led to nothing good. :(

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
It is possible to make a living from forex. It takes a lot of learning and practice, though, and you need to have a good amount of starting capital to make it work. You need money to make money here - therefore I don't know if forex is suitable as a "primary carreer" as it is not a way to get from zero to rich, but rather to make a living once you have capital to use.
I recommend you Van Tharp's book Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom - he writes a lot about how much capital you need, how to set goals, and also lists many examples of successful investors and other sources worth reading.

Zeenat shein

Banned
Apr 11, 2020
A career as a forex trader can be lucrative, flexible, and highly engaging. There is a steep learning curve and forex traders face high risks, leverage, and volatility.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
Yes, it's possible to make a living but you'd need a sizable investment to do so. This is also subjective because different traders will tell you a different amount of money if you ask how much is needed to live off of. Some of us have more bills, children, live somewhere with a higher cost of living, etc. Others may be used to budgeting and wouldn't need to bring in too much a month.

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
Hi,

I always have this question in my mind and many of them having too. I always thinking professional full time Forex trader do really make money?, How much they make?, Is Forex trading is a really way to be rich?

peoples do Jobs, Offline business (Offices, Hotel, agency, etc), online business (Affiliate, Ecom, freelancer, advertising, etc) and others, to sustain there daily life and needs. These are the careers peoples choose and do full time successfully for longer time or lifetime.

But do peoples really make long time profit from trading for longtime/lifetime? can being a only full time Forex trader is enough to live a life and fulfill daily needs?

I know Rich peoples, Entrepreneur, Business man do trading in there regular life and earn a lot from them but for them trading is not a primary career, they do trading to secure there investments and to grow there profits. So is it good make trading as a primary career?

Anyone here, do trading for above 15+ years? and with only trading they living life?

Here, I am not talking about Forex brokers, Fund managers, IB/Affiliate Forex commission earner, Investment companies, Signal providers, EA/Indicators sellers, Forex/Meta-trader Freelancer, (Of course these peoples make tons of money) So exclude them. I am talking about Individual/Retail traders.

Can anyone answer this?
Very good question and I would love to see whether there is a trader with 15+ years experience. I personally have been engaged with this market for about 11 years. It is quite a long time, but I am not a full time trader. I still cannot depend on the Forex trading solely.

reecerispoli1

Trader
Sep 22, 2020
all traders that i know never rely on one income that have multiple most invest in other things that bring longterm growth and income.

JoshEvansFX

Trader
Jul 7, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone answer this?
Forex doesn't really have a price tag on it - most people fail at it.

You could make a £1000 a month, and that is a lot to some people, whereas that amount could be nothing to someone else.

You really need to be patient to be a trader and treat it as a business.

May 31, 2021
Forex can be a career for pro traders but not for the average traders as trading comes with losses and wins and draw downs. It's not everyone's cup of tea I guess.

Lacquer

Banned
Dec 13, 2021
Forex can be a good career option for those who know the field inside-out and have proved themselves in it. Average traders experience more losses than wins in forex trading, so they can’t consider it as a long-time career option. They can certainly do it alongside their jobs, but without risking too much money.

Oakum

Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Just as how you test the water with your feet before taking a dip, you need to try forex trading for a while. If you are able to make profits on a consistent basis, then you may consider it as a long-term option.

shortmir

Banned
Feb 23, 2022
Forex trading has great potential but for only those who take it very seriously. Trading involves risking money, and if the trader doesn’t have the right trading skills and psychology, he won’t be able to succeed as a trader. Instead, the trader will lose the money risked in trading forex.