Life long learning

ITtrader

Trader
May 6, 2011
One thing that I have learned not only as a school teacher which is my main job but as a trader as well is that we all need to be life long learners. We have to continue learning as there is no way to learn it all.

In trading there are tons of experts out there with dazzeling strategies that do win a lot but it was what we learn from them and how we make them our own that count.

For example:
The chart below is a good form of how I have learned. I use a basic EMA and SMA strategy as well as trendlines which are my main indicators. I recently learned how to use bollingher bands from a friend and it has made a world of difference for me. See the chart below on how I am effectively using combined strategies.

Last edited:

upshotsignals

Active Trader
Jun 21, 2011
upshotsignals.wordpress.com
Bollinger Bands are great, especially if you know how to use them right.
John Bollinger was selling a weekends seminar on CDs as a home study course for about $500. I bought it and it was well worth the money. You not only understand how he developed the Bollinger Bands but he teaches how to actually apply them in the market and on a chart. He teaches real trading techniques that you can use right away. But more than that, the information he teaches applies other strategies.
I purchased the CD's about 7 or 8 years ago and I still go back and watch them every couple of months. Sorry if this seems like an advertisement, it's not and I would get nothing out of you purchasing Bollingers materials, I'm just a big fan on him especially.
He has a website for forex traders using bollinger bands, I thinks it's bbforex dot com

upshotsignals

Active Trader
Jun 21, 2011
upshotsignals.wordpress.com
Enivid... I know what you mean.

I only use the Bollinger Bands for the break out method and its one that I actually had to put together myself with some of the Bollinger principals.
Trying to use the Bollinger Bands on every trading opportunity created a similar "50/50" situation for me too.
I just stick to the break out method and Bollinger Bands and I have a much better rate of winning trades.

Maybe I could post a chart?

ITtrader

Trader
May 6, 2011
I would like to see a chart! If you want to also post on IntelliTraders. They have a great chart posting tool.

jen

Trader
Jul 8, 2011
www.forextrainingworks.com
One thing that I have learned not only as a school teacher which is my main job but as a trader as well is that we all need to be life long learners. We have to continue learning as there is no way to learn it all.

In trading there are tons of experts out there with dazzeling strategies that do win a lot but it was what we learn from them and how we make them our own that count.

For example:
The chart below is a good form of how I have learned. I use a basic EMA and SMA strategy as well as trendlines which are my main indicators. I recently learned how to use bollingher bands from a friend and it has made a world of difference for me. See the chart below on how I am effectively using combined strategies.

There was never a better statement than this. I have been in this industry for 6 years, and I still feel that I am at the edge of the ocean of forex trading knowledge that lies ahead of me. Bravo! :)

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Well, I appreciate your learning process; but frankly only trading tool is not enough here! According to me, fundamental analysis is the key then technical; yes you can work with a combo trading skill; but only technical is not possible.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Very informative post. Thanks. I wanna know what's the best price action strategy to trade a small account?

There is no specific PA strategy for small trading account! PA strategy means, working with the whole trading chart, the beauty of PA is, it works on all kind of time frames & pairs.

PolinaPolly

Trader
May 3, 2018
This thread vividly shows that there's no ideal strategy for trading. The key is to educate yourself everyday and find what fits exactly you!

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
This thread vividly shows that there's no ideal strategy for trading. The key is to educate yourself everyday and find what fits exactly you!

Maybe yes or not! But I am comfortable with the price action trading system! On the other hand, I also filter out my entry points by using my news trading knowledge & experience.