Easy Trend Visualizer

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
You can select multiple entries by holding down the Shift key and clicking on the first and the last rows in the range that you want to select. Then right-click and select Copy:

View attachment 13701
OK. I am testing new version .09 so how do I get alert on on line cross as shown...in old version (2017) easy to set alerts. only one that was missing was cross HL out of HL...and now is whole mess because of it...
I read post #89 and could not figure out about this alert

HL-CROS ALLERT.JPG

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
View attachment 13705
There is no alert for price crossing the current line in the latest version of ETV.
Why not? Why you changed good indicator into bad indicator? just to add one more alert when price cross lien out of HL? WOW!!!

Double signal

Initially I thought that I figured out why is there duplicated signals but reading your post above that is not the case. I have to check again and post expert log....
DUPLICATED SIGNALS _02-12-2019.JPG

New version 09 doesn't make difference

Last edited:

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
here is the expert log attached so you can see why there is double signal. What did you change for better in version 09?
i want to ask you to add alert when price cross ETV-HL out of ETV-HL (imaginary cross) in latest 2017 ETV indicator. that signal has to be different from signal when price directly cross ETV-HL. This would be custom indicator just for me regardless what you have for yourself and public. In my opinion I have that much credit...Of course it is on you to decide.

That is all what I need . as you know I am using 2 indicators to get what I want and should be in one indicator.

Attachments

• expert log-2-13-2019.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

I don't remember, but most probably I thought that it is no longer needed.

Why you changed good indicator into bad indicator? just to add one more alert when price cross lien out of HL? WOW!!!

That's hardly a smart way of encouraging someone to help you ;-).

New version 09 doesn't make difference

Please use the attached version. It has some extra debug information for when the alerts happen. If you spot double alerts, please post the Experts log or the Alerts window screenshot here.

What did you change for better in version 09?

You can see the changelog here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-indicators/EasyTrendVisualizer/#Changelog

i want to ask you to add alert when price cross ETV-HL out of ETV-HL (imaginary cross) in latest 2017 ETV indicator. that signal has to be different from signal when price directly cross ETV-HL. This would be custom indicator just for me regardless what you have for yourself and public. In my opinion I have that much credit...Of course it is on you to decide.

I prefer to work with current version of the indicator by adding new features and fixing bugs in it. I think I will be able to add back the current horizontal line cross alert to the next release and hopefully fix the bug with double alerts.

Attachments

• EasyTrendVisualizer_WORK_IN_PROGRESS.mq4
    21.6 KB · Views: 14

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
As mentioned in post #102 signal is missing... you are dictating people what and how to trade using this indicator. And that is wrong. Trader should be able to customize as per his/her needs . If you don't need that particular signal just turn it off( false). Which version without bugs you have for yourself impossible to know but for public is not good and not what I meant . Original appearance of indicator has to be kept and new features to add to it.

There are a few more things that I would like to do to improve indicator but the way you are doing prevents me to share new ideas with you. I can handle it manually.
Just because you don't see issues that I have and posted it here for you to fix doesn't mean problems don't exist and keep ignoring to fix them, That is very arrogant. I do not use Photoshop to fabricate this errors. I spent a lot of time with this indicator to understand how to use it for trading and what market makers do to trade from technical point of view...And I got the knowledge.

Original indicator created by genius TASSKIT doesn't have any alerts...with idea of alerts for HL, Arrows and later on with two new alerts when price cross HL directly and indirectly was mine (mark jackson, mjackson, ruma29) who asked you to code those alerts. Reason behind alert when price cross HL directly and indirectly is knowledge. you do not mention TASSKIT nor me in section "About". That is plagiarism. you coded someones ideas presenting it as yours. That is not right. your knowledge and programming capabilities are priceless. you are the best I know but you cross the line.

I (mark jackson, mjackson, ruma29) started this thread (Easy Trend Visualizer, post #1 was mine, not yours) asking you for alerts in MT4 and for MT5 version providing you original MT4 version created by TASSKIT. you modified it: removed original 1st post , added new as yours about ADX... and so on. That is shame, plagiarism, stealing. I started many othe threads , better volume, overlay, fractal, open lines and WRB which is another featured indicator that you have on your list...

Last edited:

realtor

Trader
Feb 26, 2022
Hello. I like this indicator and tried to use it for period of time...i have suggestion for indicator:
1. when HL is created after upper arrow add in alert word "upper" and accordingly "lower"

2. when price cross line ( curly arrow) add in alert word "cross up" or just "up" and accordingly "cross down" or just "down"

*any suggestion how to use curly chocolate arrow?

best regards

realtor

Trader
Feb 26, 2022
Thank you for time and effort to make changes.
MT4: Uploaded version 1.10
MT5: Uploaded version 1.07

-----
as per request #1 to add alert which horizontal line is created: HL after up arrow or HL after down arrow
1646646559587.png

please remove date/time stam. instead add time frame and currency pair.

1646647490184.png

Thank you

realtor

Trader
Feb 26, 2022
That depends on how you define 'coming months'. I wouldn't expect this to be done in the near future.
Fantastic. what is "near future" for you: 1 year or more? can you put back previous version since doesn't have error...? current version is useless to anyone who wants to use alert: no point to wait a few years if you ever decide to fix it.

Thank you for attempt to complete indicator.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Fantastic. what is "near future" for you: 1 year or more? can you put back previous version since doesn't have error...? current version is useless to anyone who wants to use alert: no point to wait a few years if you ever decide to fix it.

Thank you for attempt to complete indicator.
For me, near future is a few months to a year. The previous version files are attached here.

Attachments

• EasyTrendVisualizer_old_109.mq5
    24 KB · Views: 5
  • EasyTrendVisualizer_old_109.mq4
    21.3 KB · Views: 4