Which settings would you suggest to me for SMA and EMA?

lucacrebbe

Active Trader
Jun 26, 2017
Which setting would you suggest to me for SMA and EMA when day trading (Forex, commodities)

I just want somenthing that could scream out false signals... With which Tecnical indicator would I use SMA and EMA ?

And which settings for EMA and which for SMA?

Thank you

I just want to filter fake crossing signal among SMA and EMA as more as possible

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
EMA and SMA (all MA's in general) are very weak indicators. What they do is just showing you how is the current price relative to how it was during some period before. I would suggest using only 50, 100, and 200-day EMA for some trend guidance. It is the setup many other traders and analysts are using and it could be influencing the markets as a kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

lucacrebbe

Active Trader
Jun 26, 2017
EMA and SMA (all MA's in general) are very weak indicators. What they do is just showing you how is the current price relative to how it was during some period before. I would suggest using only 50, 100, and 200-day EMA for some trend guidance. It is the setup many other traders and analysts are using and it could be influencing the markets as a kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Hello, I am doing day trading, I am satisfied with low profits daily... so when EMA crosses SMA is a good signal, I think... in combination with other indicators. I just want to know how to filter bad signals (because everytime EMA crosses SMA is not automatic somenthing could happen, there are a loto of fake signals))