What's the most you lost by trading?

dojo

Trader
Sep 21, 2011
From what I read, the percentage of people who lose in Forex is pretty high. Some lose little money, some more. The secret I assume is to learn from it and recover. What's the most you lost in Forex?

balexander26

Trader
Sep 26, 2011
Losses are definitely part of Forex. You cannot trade and expect to never lose. I guess you could call it the price of doing business. The most I've lost in a given month was about $750.

Forex scalper

Trader
Oct 1, 2011
From what I read, the percentage of people who lose in Forex is pretty high. Some lose little money, some more. The secret I assume is to learn from it and recover. What's the most you lost in Forex?

Hi,
the most money i have lost in single day is around 5 000$, it was based on whole week, because i was under big presure and at the end my psychic fall down and i went all in, which was fatal mistake!

On another hand it was one of the best school of trading for me, it was from my begining and once i want to risk too much, i remember that day and don't do it ;)

Haley12

Trader
Sep 21, 2011
www.avafx.com
This is really big amount. However, while doing business one should be mentally prepared for loss. Loss is part of business and doesn't mean that one can careless but should be smart enough to instruct his mind and recover from loss.

Benson

Trader
Oct 18, 2011
United States
Trading for 6 years... The first 3 years, I blew through 4 accounts.... Wasnt until account #5 to get my stuff right. Tought me a LESSON.. Experience for the rest of my Life

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
115$ for one day. It's not a lot money, but it was enough to close the meta-trader for two days.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
The most I lost in a single day would be $740, when I just started out on Forex. Believed in the holy grail and in this case, an EA that advertised itself as a money making machine..yea, it did make lots of money for the "developer"..
We all lose money when we start and yes, we move on ahead.

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
It's normal to start with a loss. The Forex market is a very dynamic place in which you need quite a lot of experience to succeed. I don't believe in some expert advisor software's to deal with my money. It if was so easy, we will be all millionaires living in Monaco.

Oct 17, 2011
India
It's normal to start with a loss. The Forex market is a very dynamic place in which you need quite a lot of experience to succeed. I don't believe in some expert advisor software's to deal with my money. It if was so easy, we will be all millionaires living in Monaco.

That`s good to here

FarrisFahad

Trader
Dec 3, 2010
I have opened an account with 300 USD after one month I turned it to 675 USD then one day I opened my account and found only 0.49 Cents LOL, but now I am back
to see what I have done with forex see my topic it's the only one on Journals :)

mingbao

Trader
Dec 6, 2011
When i first started forex trading, I lost all my money, say, USD3000 in my account within just one week due to no risk control at all.

and another account experienced the same thing in the next 2 weeks.

through these big failures, I realized how important a trading strtegy is and after that, I began to learn trading with discipline and study the market news, by developing my own trading strtegy. I am now seeking for a steady growth of my investment.

AndrewJ

Trader
Dec 14, 2011
I lost about $500 using only Fibonacci trading methods. But I returned these funds after six day of experience with other methods. Actually I think we need to make a technical analysis as well as fundamental.

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
When i first started forex trading, I lost all my money, say, USD3000 in my account within just one week due to no risk control at all.

and another account experienced the same thing in the next 2 weeks.

through these big failures, I realized how important a trading strtegy is and after that, I began to learn trading with discipline and study the market news, by developing my own trading strtegy. I am now seeking for a steady growth of my investment.

So, did you managed to return your loses. I also start with a loss but only 50euro and was ready to kill myself :D

It's good that you count on your own strategy and rules. I think that it's the best way.

mingbao

Trader
Dec 6, 2011
Devis, I guess we might be of the same age.
actually that happened long ago when I first entered into forex trading business.

This really taught me a lesson and from then on I start to learn how to be a genuine forex trader.

yeah, you were ready to kill yourself, it's a good sign that you can control your risk. however, be ready to accept losses since it will be frequent in your trading life.

DiF0r

Active Trader
Dec 16, 2011
The biggest loss was about 200€ when testing a Grid EA and closed all trades manually.. I found out later if I wouldn't close the trades manually the EA would blow my account

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
All the money in 3 demo accounts ... so that's 3x50k
And 140euro's out of my pocket. Need to be said that the day before that I made 200euro and lost them almost immediately.