What time frames are better to trade on?

kxforexmart

Trader
May 13, 2016
Its upto you that what timeframe you should use for trading because all depends upon the trading strategy and plan ,for me i generally use the H1 and the daily timeframe so that i can get clear entries but yes the scalpers using low timeframe

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, choosing timeframe also will depending with style trading, as scaping trader they will prefer use low timeframe might 5m or 15m timeframe, but different with intraday trader which might will prefer use 2h or 4h timeframe, but look all timeframe also will giving different view aboiut the trend market behaviour

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, eventually each trader will choose timeframe according their reason, comfortable using timeframe and also might experience in accurate timeframe to analyze trend market, some trader said if low timeframe might often occur false signal

kora_trader

Trader
May 11, 2016
I agree. It is the best time frame for beginer. And one more advise for all beginers: For good emotional stability do not watch for the minutes time frames.
why dont we wactch the minutes frames? I use scalping strategy, I start with the small capital. and I close the order when I lose or earn 5-10 pips.

RichardTrade

Trader
Mar 15, 2016
Because the lowest timeframes like the minute charts contain the most noise or random unpredictable market movements.But depends on your trading style which you will use

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
im looking more into the daily and 4 hours time frames since my trades are swings and position trades, for scalping i can say its more on the 30m and 15m time frames, i do not trad the 1m or 5m its just to crazy for me..

kora_trader

Trader
May 11, 2016
im looking more into the daily and 4 hours time frames since my trades are swings and position trades, for scalping i can say its more on the 30m and 15m time frames, i do not trad the 1m or 5m its just to crazy for me..
I have to say yes. it makes me crazy as well, the volatility of the charts. gona move to 15mins timeframe and see how it goes. thank you

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I have to say yes. it makes me crazy as well, the volatility of the charts. gona move to 15mins timeframe and see how it goes. thank you
15M timeframe usually for scalping trader, but there are scalping they can use 5M timeframe, ceratin simple strategy scalping on 5M timeframe is trader waiting new wave occured and will open trades and closed after three candletick figured whatever result even profit and loss

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes each trader have own style in trading, maybe for scalping trader they will use at least 1H timeframe and look on 5M tiumeframe to maiking decision, but will different for swing trader that usually use 4H and daily timeframe to analyze area market

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Yes each trader have own style in trading, maybe for scalping trader they will use at least 1H timeframe and look on 5M tiumeframe to maiking decision, but will different for swing trader that usually use 4H and daily timeframe to analyze area market

I agree. Timeframe is mostly relevant to the type of trading strategy being used. With that said, however, even a scalper trading M5 should take a look at the longer timeframes to get a broader perspective on market direction.

• 👍
Reactions: Desk Free Trading

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I agree. Timeframe is mostly relevant to the type of trading strategy being used. With that said, however, even a scalper trading M5 should take a look at the longer timeframes to get a broader perspective on market direction.
Yes I think so too, although we use short term trading plan with low timeframe, but will better also use higher timeframe to look in range movement or trend for long term, if likely trend major on bearish hence scalping also will safier if trade follow trend with seeking sell option

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Choosing time frame depend on the comfort of the trader, it depends when you are free to trade so that you can concentrate on your trades.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Choosing time frame depend on the comfort of the trader, it depends when you are free to trade so that you can concentrate on your trades.
Yes it will good if we comfortable using timeframe that already chosen, and might this is also will giving more experience using certain timeframe whether we can making good accurate analysis or not

aqibFXmart

Trader
Jul 5, 2016
general trader chose to become a day trader. so the time frame is appropriate for daily trading h1 timeframe. and to analyze the long-term, or just watching the trends, use the time frame h4 or d1. so you'll know the level of a trend that is being formed.

• 👍

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
All timeframe actually important because all giving information on these timeframe and we can look pattern movement on these timeframe, but in trading choose timeframe also will depending with each trader style, for scalping will impossible use daily timeframe and swing trader will impossible use 5M timeframe

• 👍
Jul 31, 2016
Well said Radex78. Recent whipsaws and heavy volatility in GBP/JPY is leading us to employ some shorter time frames but to also couple these with at least one longer term time frame (so 5 minute, 1 hour and 4 hour). If the long terms are aligned we are triggering openings on the shorter time frames and we are decreasing the requirements on the point at which we get into our trailing stops and widening stop gaps to give ourselves a chance to make some money. For us, entry is only part of the game. Trade management is a more crucial component to us.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes agree if we must trade with management plan, and might this topic always suggested among trader to keep discipline with use strict money management and risk management, out from style trading and timeframe that used

• 👍