What time frames are better to trade on?

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Some trader said if trend begin from small timeframe, but some another said the trend small timeframe following higher timeframe, and this is maybe will making confusion if trader without experience will use small timefarme or higher timeframe

MartinBa

Trader
Apr 20, 2016
Some trader said if trend begin from small timeframe, but some another said the trend small timeframe following higher timeframe, and this is maybe will making confusion if trader without experience will use small timefarme or higher timeframe
Yes. It's cause of a lot of mistakes. Just, we must make analys using different (small, bigger) timeframes. No single. Different.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Choosing timeframe also depending with each trader experience and also style trading usually, some trader might they have short term plan and use smallest timeframe and as intraday trader might prefer use 1 or 4 hour timeframe and different with position trader which can use weekly an daily timeframe.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
As a newbie i also prefer to trade on big time frame like H4 or H1. But mostly i use H4 which gives more accurate trade for me.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
As a newbie i also prefer to trade on big time frame like H4 or H1. But mostly i use H4 which gives more accurate trade for me.
This is good timeframe I am also like using this timeframe especially if work as intraday trader, but in my trades also using daily timeframe also weekly timeframe, in my view all timeframe is important but in decision making will look on low timeframe

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
I use daily, weekly, and even monthly charts to identify key price reversal patterns. Then I zoom in to H4/H1 to time my entry and place a tight stop loss. I use trendlines and SR at swing points to trigger the entry, and provide a logical place to set a stop.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
To choose good time frame, it depends on your strategy also. Few traders like to work on more bigger time frame like week or month but mostly traders work with H4 for more accurate result.

MartinBa

Trader
Apr 20, 2016
That timeframes is the most usable. Because it is the middle of all tf. H4 and H1 is accuratly tf with good convinient width of movement

MartinBa

Trader
Apr 20, 2016
I use daily, weekly, and even monthly charts to identify key price reversal patterns. Then I zoom in to H4/H1 to time my entry and place a tight stop loss. I use trendlines and SR at swing points to trigger the entry, and provide a logical place to set a stop.
You are trade on the longtime positions. It's laudable. You must be very patient and disciplined trader.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
You are trade on the longtime positions. It's laudable. You must be very patient and disciplined trader.

I look at the long timeframes to get a better feel for the underlying direction, but I mostly trade the H4, moving my stop to new swing points along the way. Sometimes my trades only last a day, and sometimes they last over a week. It all depends on the opportunity at hand, and its duration before my stop is hit. In honesty, I am far from patient (I want it today!), but you just have to accept what the market gives, and when it decides to give it. Cheers, Gary!

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
That timeframes is the most usable. Because it is the middle of all tf. H4 and H1 is accuratly tf with good convinient width of movement
In my trades usually not ojnly use these timeframe, most my trigger analysis based on daily timeframe with looking candle pattern and then go to 1h or 4h timeframe, because usually I am trade as swiing trading and somtime intraday trading depending with the direction

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
In daily trading analysis, might each trader they have own choice to use timeframe, if me usually will prefer to look on all timeframe, use monthly timeframe also will giving data on a month whether have tendencies on bullish or bearish, weekly timeframe also important,l but decision made will look on small timeframe like as hourly

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
I Would advise to always trade on the longer time frame as its only when you see Charts for any pairs on big Time frame such as Monthly, Weekly or Daily when you come to know the real worth of Taking right directions to your trades. Reason being with the big time frame you can clearly see yourself as to what exactly the Rest of the Worlds traders are doing and thinking for the next move. so this way you are always with the trend and never go against ..

I totally agree with this. Longer time frames provide the big picture, and allow you to go with the underlying market momentum. Shorter time frames allow you to tune into best entry times and allow tighter stop-loss placement, i.e. nearest swing point.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Thanks Mate. for getting my point Rightly. Its really Embarrassing to share my early days when used to invest big money and always traded with bg lot size to earn Quickly from this Market and always opened 5 mins chart that never gave me proper idea as to what direction market will ultimately go at the end of the day and lost huge money always. Its only after spending much money and lot of disappointment that lead me to study Forex market Carefully when i Realized that we need to always make sure if we are trading with the Trend in other words Trading with the majority of Traders of the World of not, which is easily understandably by looking at bigger time frame only.

Same here Timothy! Have blown plenty of live accounts since I got started in 2007, trying to go for the quick dollars in the shorter time frames. It's only really been the last 18 months or so that I have made real progress, and it's all thanks to understanding the bigger picture before diving in. It's so much easier swimming with the current...less effort to get where you want to go, and a whole lot safer! Cheers, Gary.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Well said, Timothy! Definitely unshaken! A business partner of mine for many years, and several years senior to me, instilled in me a lesson of life that is still with me today...never give up! Cheers, Gary.