Newbie indicator and time frame recommendations

limitless1

Trader
Sep 9, 2021
1.) What indicators do you recommend for a person that just started doing this? What are your top two or three?

2.) time frames: I understand we have the weekly, the daily, H4, H1, and so forth. Which time frame should I be placing a trade on if I wanna make money the same day? I understand there are m30, m15, m5, and m1 as well.

I know you’re busy if you’re reading this but a quick response would be helpful if you can.

-Ant

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1) Average True Range from the standard indicators and Position Size Calculator from custom indicators.
2) It doesn't matter which timeframe you will be placing a trade on. In fact, you do not trade timeframes, you trade currency pairs. What matters is which timeframes you are analyzing. For intraday trading, you should be doing your main analysis on M15 and lower. However, it is sometimes worth to switch to higher timeframes to see what's going on there.

• 👍
Reactions: limitless1

limitless1

Trader
Sep 9, 2021
1) Average True Range from the standard indicators and Position Size Calculator from custom indicators.
2) It doesn't matter which timeframe you will be placing a trade on. In fact, you do not trade timeframes, you trade currency pairs. What matters is which timeframes you are analyzing. For intraday trading, you should be doing your main analysis on M15 and lower. However, it is sometimes worth to switch to higher timeframes to see what's going on there.
thank you

Colin Lewis

Trader
Jan 27, 2021
If you are new to this then I suggest you stay away from scalping strategy. trade on the M15 /1HR and always look at the bigger timeframes to see an overall trend