what is copy trade?

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
Copy trade is reproduce trades of a real trader. Normally you need a service to do it like MQL5 or a website that offer that service. I remember MT4 also intergrate copy trade function.

Normally MQL5 offer signals for al brokers, you can subscribe a real trader that you want to follow for receiving signals.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
i guess the main idea its self comes from the name, it copies trades, either through signals or following other traders etc :) I think it also applies to EAs

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
In copy trade you follow or copy the strategies of other professional traders. In copy trade automated system is used and you can remain in control of your account at the same time. It can also be term mirror trading.

AbbottB

Active Trader
Sep 4, 2012
Copy trading enables traders in the financial markets to automatically copy positions opened and managed by a selected investor, usually in the context of a social trading network.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
yeah, its more like a concept that can be applied to some EAs or strategies, Its possible, and do not forget asking support about it, I think their support should have a good answer for yah

ambitionfx

Active Trader
Jul 1, 2015
Mql5, zulutrade,... and google would return you dozen of results of copy trading service (signal provider). You could be a signal provider to get more income or subscribe to a provider to mirror their trades and use it for your account.

Ese11

Trader
Aug 12, 2015
Right from the name you can deduce its definition:),copying trades from other traders,or trading Forex using signals from other traders

Bosschick

Aug 5, 2015
Just as the name suggests Copy trading, or as some call it "mirror trading" , is just a method by which traders can follow the trading behaviour of experienced, professional forex investors.

Callagy20

Trader
Jul 24, 2015
For new traders who feel they want to make profit though they don't have the level of experience needed, they could use copy trade to automatically copy trades of traders whom they feel have the required experience and expertise. So that if the trader wins, you win and on the other hand if he loses, you will lose too. Copy trading is a kind of automated trading but from my experience in the forex let me give you a helpful advice here. Not all trader on those platforms who top the charts are really the most profitable or appropriate to follow. You should check well before you start copying from well; not all of them are trading with real money. Some are just performing well using demo account with play money

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
It is a type of social trading , where one trader’s positions are copied by another trader’s account when they are opened or closed.

jimcarter

Active Trader
Nov 10, 2017
USA
Copy trade in forex trading is a process where traders copy the trades of other successful traders. This can be done manually by following the lead of another trader, or it can be done automatically through copy trade software.

Copy-trading has many benefits, including the expertise of more experienced traders, diversifying your trading portfolio, and freeing up your time. However, before getting started with copy trading, there are also some risks.

If you're interested in trying out copy trading, be sure to do your research and choose a reputable broker or software platform.