tazan

Active Trader
May 4, 2009
Emotions after readying 150 pages of Steve Nison - Japanese CandleStick chart technique.

The first pages was the introduction, about why and how the japanese candlestick chart technique evolved to where it is now, which wasn't really helpful in sense of trading, but was really interesting anyway, and knowing the history really gives the respect to the technique.
Second part of the introduction was the psychology of how should we perceive and use the technique alliance with other technique, which i recommend to read.

Now the books started with the core reversal patterns, then into less significant reversal patterns and then continuation patterns and windows.

I will not comment each chapter, because more important is the way he explains everything. So far i barely have any questions for extra explanations.
When he explains one pattern then he doesn't just say how the pattern should look like and show examples. He also says when to be aware of the patterns decreasing significance and how to use in relation with the trend lines to prove its significance. Also through the book he also has plenty of examples when there are more than one signal near the tops or bottoms and they are all explained very well.

There are many more details i could comment about, but i leave them for future readers to explore.

Anyway im back to read, i have 8th chapter ahead of me, which is dedicated only for doijs :)

Last edited:

Sinnerman

Active Trader
Jan 24, 2009
Steve Nison - Japanese CandleStick chart technique.
Nison's book is good, but doesn't offer much in terms of statistics on past performance. I would like to see him apply some stricter definitions and show how well these patterns have actually worked in the past. Still a good read though and I should have mentioned it in my previous post. There are a lot of traders who swear by these techniques.

tazan

Active Trader
May 4, 2009
Nison's book is good, but doesn't offer much in terms of statistics on past performance.

I dunno if it is even necessary. It would be really hard to measure any patterns significance and reliability, because their significance is different under different circumstances and the patterns really appear everywhere. Also what i see very often is that if one reversal pattern occurs then there might be another one that negates the previous one which makes it even harder to statistically measure them. Plus if the pattern is a reversal patter, then it doesn't mean that the market will reverse now, but it warns you that the trend might change and it never tells u that i will happen now :p

So i would say that don't search any statistics in trading, if u want statistics then play poker :p.

JEAN

Active Trader
May 6, 2009
Definitely my fav is technical analysis of the financial markets: a comprehensive guide to trading methods and applications, by Jhon Murthy.:D:D

zappolo

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2009
1) Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Steve Nison.

2) Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians, Charles Kirkpatrick

They are great!!!

subhaikav

Active Trader
Jul 6, 2009
There are many books to tell about forex trading. They all just the essence which tells about trading, it is also needed to put in your effort and create new ideas.

miskec

Active Trader
Mar 16, 2009
Interesting list of books, didnt read them, except bollinger, but maybe i will after going through this thread.

forexexchangeguides

Active Trader
Jul 8, 2009
Hi friends,

Reading is good to our knowledge. But it is hard to do. Nothing we can do without get some info from books especially about Forex. So don't miss it. Books are our friends. Who is your friends??:)

Cheers,

Deandre Madison

Active Trader
Aug 24, 2009
Forex e-books shows you everything you need to know to start trading Forex. It addresses the reader at eye level, in a friendly and simple manner. Yet, it provides a professional study of the most popular techniques implemented today by Forex traders worldwide.

JHayzament

Active Trader
Aug 28, 2009
Good list but by the time you read them all they tools may become obsolete. I would suggest a few beginner books and then focus on advanced topics that interest you.

Sep 5, 2009
Your enthusiasm and structure is admirable.
I would recommend:

*Alan Farley's books are great.
*Mark Douglas' Trading in The Zone is a must for any trader. Do not underestimate the power of psychology in this field.
*Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Taleb