trading as a job

Elin Carter

Banned
Sep 5, 2023
Would you leave your regular 9-6 job to just focus on your trading, why, why not?
I don’t think Forex can be a job because look in a job there is a fixed earning but it is unlikely in Forex. Secondly, you can’t trade on the market always rather you have to trade whenever you have trading opportunity available.

agazio

Trader
Aug 7, 2023
in a job there is a fixed earning

self employment - entrepreneurs, lawyers, etc. don't have a fixed earning

Secondly, you can’t trade on the market always

that's why many choose systematic trading (the most titled trader uses only automatic systems ). That said, I have known some people with 20-30 years of experience, living off discretionary trading. It's more difficult than system based t., but experience makes the difference.

Amadeus.V

Trader
Jul 7, 2023
I don’t think Forex can be a job because look in a job there is a fixed earning but it is unlikely in Forex. Secondly, you can’t trade on the market always rather you have to trade whenever you have trading opportunity available.
You are probably one he most experienced one among others, that actually is the correct answer.

CallahanSinclair

Active Trader
May 13, 2023
I think it really depends on people. It's essential to weigh the pros and cons. The transition should be well-thought-out, gradual, and based on a solid foundation of successful trading experience.

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
Would you leave your regular 9-6 job to just focus on your trading, why, why not?
Currently, no. Because risk and reward vary in trading. Consistent profits aren't guaranteed. Diversified income sources can be wise. Stress and emotion impact trading decisions. Full-time trading demands rigorous discipline.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//-----

might be best to treat trading as a part time job for a while.... see how well you do.....

the capital required is considerable...... stress and pressure can be also if it's your only source of income.....

once you can make at least double minimum wage consistently, it might be time to consider career change.....

it's enjoyable for me......h

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
//-----

might be best to treat trading as a part time job for a while.... see how well you do.....

the capital required is considerable...... stress and pressure can be also if it's your only source of income.....

once you can make at least double minimum wage consistently, it might be time to consider career change.....

it's enjoyable for me......h
I totally agree with you. What is the rush? Evaluate it with patience and then if it's for you, you can change career.

NewsTradePro

Trader
Nov 2, 2023
Canada
Its not easy if you don't know what you are doing.