TD Sequential Ultimate

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1706731311491.png
This looks OK to me. Why do you think this needs to be fixed?
This (the second red arrow) doesn't look correct. Which chart (pair/timeframe) are you seeing this? I'd like to debug this. Thank you!

Hercules201

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2012
This looks OK to me. Why do you think this needs to be fixed?

This (the second red arrow) doesn't look correct. Which chart (pair/timeframe) are you seeing this? I'd like to debug this. Thank you!
It's the 1H. The first is very clearly on the 8th bar I think. Maybe it's not as obvious when green. Use a paper to check that it's on the 8th. Anyway the code is the same for both the buy and sell perfection check.

1706733145985.png

It's on line 289 and 423 in the code.

Hercules201

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2012
EUR/USD.

When i look on other indicators and read Jason Perls book it's on the 9th when perfected and not postponed.
Actually there's another kind of error that's related to it. I made a change and it seems to be working, Although there's an issua also with the code looking for a perfected setup after Bar 9 when there's a new TD Flip Price.

Hercules201

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2012
It doesn't say that. Besides it's a typo bevause the picture shows it on bar 9. Also it says in the text that it MUST complete 9 bars. Why else would 9 bars always be mentioned in the buy setup. If bar 9 is skipped we will never know if it qualifies as a buy or sell setup.

From the text on page 30:

Once a minimum of nine consecutive closes less than the correspondingcloses four price bars earlier are fulfilled, these bars are numbered 1through 9. If that series is interruptedat any time prior to completion, thecount is erased and the process mustbegin anew.
--------------
From page 30:

Buy Countdown begins when a buySetup has completed (once the minimum requirement of nine consecutivecloses less than the close four days earlier is fulfilled). Beginning on the ninthSetup bar, a process is applied thatcompares the close of that price bar vs.the low two bars earlier: If the close isless than or equal to the low two pricebars earlier, then a Countdown isrecorded.
---------------

So that's why there's no arrow! They also mixed up the graphs they are refering to so the artice is obviously of low quality.

View attachment 27264

Attachments

• picts1.jpg
    picts1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1
  • picts2.jpg
    picts2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It doesn't say that. Besides it's a typo bevause the picture shows it on bar 9. Also it says in the text that it MUST complete 9 bars. Why else would 9 bars always be mentioned in the buy setup. If bar 9 is skipped we will never know if it qualifies as a buy or sell setup.

From the text on page 30:

Once a minimum of nine consecutive closes less than the correspondingcloses four price bars earlier are fulfilled, these bars are numbered 1through 9. If that series is interruptedat any time prior to completion, thecount is erased and the process mustbegin anew.

View attachment 27264
It explicitly says: To “perfect” a buy setup, either the low of Setup bar 8, the low of Setup bar 9 or a subsequent price bar’s low must be less than the lows of both Setup bars 6 and 7.
Why kind of a typo would that be?
There is nothing contradicting in that a setup can be interrupted. It still gets perfected starting from bar 8.

Hercules201

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2012
Any answers to this will be ignored. I also stated I found the error in the code.

It explicitly says: To “perfect” a buy setup, either the low of Setup bar 8, the low of Setup bar 9 or a subsequent price bar’s low must be less than the lows of both Setup bars 6 and 7.
Why kind of a typo would that be?
There is nothing contradicting in that a setup can be interrupted. It still gets perfected starting from bar 8.

Ok, I'm assuming something based on you previous statement. I made a hastily conclusion that Bar 8 and Bar 9 low should be lower than Bar 6 and Bar 7.

You wrote there should be an arrow at Bar 8 if it's perfected at Bar 8 but you don't want to make any reference to that from the artice. You only want to make reference to the article after I made my hastily erronous conlusion???

My initial post said that the arrow was on Bar 8 and that it shouldn't be. My reference to that is this, from the article by by Tom Demarks original artice:

"In late July a buy Setup was perfected on day 8; a short-term rally ensued,followed by a buy Countdown."

1706878077189.png

Arrow appears at Bar 9!
Why are you wasting my time?

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok, I'm assuming something based on you previous statement. I made a hastily conclusion that Bar 8 and Bar 9 low should be lower than Bar 6 and Bar 7.

You wrote there should be an arrow at Bar 8 if it's perfected at Bar 8 but you don't want to make any reference to that from the artice. You only want to make reference to the article after I made my hastily erronous conlusion???

My initial post said that the arrow was on Bar 8 and that it shouldn't be. My reference to that is this, from the article by by Tom Demarks original artice:

"In late July a buy Setup was perfected on day 8; a short-term rally ensued,followed by a buy Countdown."

View attachment 27268

Arrow appears at Bar 9!
Why are you wasting my time?
Why would it be preferable to put the arrow at bar #9 in cases when it's the bar #8 when the setup got perfected? How would that improve the indicator?

Hercules201

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2012
Why would it be preferable to put the arrow at bar #9 in cases when it's the bar #8 when the setup got perfected? How would that improve the indicator?
Firstly, I understand that a programmers job is the most complex or one of the most complex jobs. I really appreciate the work behind the indicator and I don't actually want to make it look like anything else.

I already know what to answer before I read this because I've been thinking about it.

As I understand it's very much about which role you have. Are you a programmer, web admin, moderator, boss or trader? From a traders point of view arrow at bar #9 in that particular case is the way to go and it also seems to be preferred as indicated by the pictures in the article. It's also written by Demark himself, something I didn't notice at first. This makes me very inclined to think the picture with the setup in late July is the actual interpretation of where to put the arrow in that particular case.

Also it seems we should think of the buy/sell setup as a sequence as a sequence of 9.

From a programmers point of view the problem is that the sequence can end differently and that means that several categories is to be made fall into one, namely the arrow indication.

So the arrow indication has to do with sequence and indication of something that doesn't seem to be defined from the text but can be assumed to be where it's perfected. As I stated the problem is categories. The categories can also be assumed to be either sequence of 9, no sequence of 9 and sequence of 9 with postponed perfection. That is from a traders perspective.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Firstly, I understand that a programmers job is the most complex or one of the most complex jobs. I really appreciate the work behind the indicator and I don't actually want to make it look like anything else.

I already know what to answer before I read this because I've been thinking about it.

As I understand it's very much about which role you have. Are you a programmer, web admin, moderator, boss or trader? From a traders point of view arrow at bar #9 in that particular case is the way to go and it also seems to be preferred as indicated by the picturs in the article. It's also written by Demark himself, something I didn't notice at first. This makes me very inclined to think the picture with the setup in late July is the actual interpretation of where to put the arrow in that particular case.

Also it seems we should think of the buy/sell setup as a sequence as a sequence of 9.

From a programmers point of view the problem is that the sequence can end differently and that means that several categories is to be made fall into one, namely the arrow indication.

So the arrow indication has to do with sequence and indication of something that doesn't seem to be defined from the text but can be assumed to be where it's perfected. As I stated the problem is categories. The categories can also be assumed to be either sequence of 9, no sequence of 9 and sequence of 9 with postponed perfection. That is from a traders perspective.
There is nothing difficult in putting the arrow at bar #9 when the perfection happens at bar #8, the problem is that I think it would actually make the indicator worse (minimally so, but still worse). Letting it be either at #8 or #9, depending on when the perfection happened, lends the user more information about what actually happened.

However, the source code is open to everyone. If someone prefers the arrow to be at #9 regardless of the perfection bar, they are welcome to make the change.