Should I switch to micro account now?

May 31, 2021
Hello traders!
It's been 5 months practicing forex trading on a demo account. Just wanted some suggestions if I should now switch to live trading (preferably micro account) or should I still devote more time on demo trading?

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I think it depends on how well you’re doing on the demo account. If you’re profitable I’d say yes, otherwise it would be better to get more practice in.

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
If you have
Hello traders!
It's been 5 months practicing forex trading on a demo account. Just wanted some suggestions if I should now switch to live trading (preferably micro account) or should I still devote more time on demo trading?
If you have found a solid strategy, you may start trading on micro account. I assume you may not have found one. If that is the case, then you must wait and keep trading on demo account. Do not be in a hurry to get into live trading. Get yourself well prepared. Otherwise, you will lose your money and confidence.

rickfx

Trader
Nov 9, 2020
Hello traders!
You're long overdue with the switch.
Demo accounts are there to give you a feel for the trading platform.
The fact about demo accounts... you learn nothing there. Don't believe me? Search the forums and see how many stories you'll read about people being successful on demo and then lose on real; the reason is simple demo is just demo.
With micro, $100 is enough to start trading and as you trade real money you will develop discipline, planning, control your emotions, etc.

no_frame

Trader
Aug 21, 2021
If switching to micro account, just think of how much money can you afford to lose while trading in live and then perhaps, you can start from there or in 50% of that capital

reecerispoli1

Trader
Sep 22, 2020
Hello traders!
Now you getting on with the demo are you winning

If your confident then start small on a live account

fxbee

Trader
Jun 5, 2021
Hello traders!
I hope now you're on live, how's the journey going? Are the returns same as were in demo?