Should I stay or should I go?

reecerispoli1

Trader
Sep 22, 2020
hey guys just want to know if anyone is facing losses more than profits then what he/she should do?

1) Leave the Forex trading?
2) Continue with the trading methods?
3) Change the methods?
4) give more time practicing on demo?

Try to leave the platform for a while just for refreshing your mind is good, after everything is ok, you can adjust something from your trading system and run a test on a demo, if you just dont want to waste time, while you are running a system in a real account, you still have some strategies forward test on the demo.

Any suggestions?
I would go back to demo and stop live trading practise in there some more and do more research

cashisking

Banned
Nov 24, 2021
Yes!
Testing your strategies on demo account always turn out to be beneficial while placing trades.
Not always. Some strategies work wonderfully on a demo account but fail miserably when applied to real trading. A few professional traders don’t even backtest the strategies on a demo account because there’s no guarantee that the historical data over which you used the strategy will ever repeat in the future.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
I think it really depends on the person. Some people can and should improve. Others though would probably benefit more from finding another occupation.

Bella.a

Active Trader
Oct 10, 2021
Mumuy,

You missed an important point that is to adjust life style according to trading needs. If the strategy is proven to provide positive pips ( You thoroughly checked and confirmed by back testing ) then it should provide an edge you already should know ( not sure why it is not working?) .
Now by becoming self employed Forex trader you are accepting to become a Business Person . What do you think? the current life style you have provides enough time and allows dedication to go through the material which is necessary for Business survival and Growth . Do you have a Business Plan? this may seem obvious but if i ask you about session draw downs limits which you self imposed it is possible not to have a clear answer ( seeing you don't know why it is not working ? ) and is important for Business survival . Ok. these are just few questions you need to consider before you can start trading .

-Bella

May 13, 2023
hey guys just want to know if anyone is facing losses more than profits then what he/she should do?

1) Leave the Forex trading?
2) Continue with the trading methods?
3) Change the methods?
4) give more time practicing on demo?

Try to leave the platform for a while just for refreshing your mind is good, after everything is ok, you can adjust something from your trading system and run a test on a demo, if you just dont want to waste time, while you are running a system in a real account, you still have some strategies forward test on the demo.

Any suggestions?
If my loss is more than my profit, I will try to change my methods and devote more time to training and continue with low volume trades.

J Smith

Jun 10, 2023
I think should change the method of trading and he should apply the changed method on demo account first and observe the result. If the result is up the mark, he should move to live trading then.