Question about capital / investment

Meindert

Trader
Jul 5, 2017
Mijas, Spain
Hi there,
I'm quite new to Forex trading. I have a question about capital.

My trading skills are not the best but I have proven that I can make capital.

Still I've lost money, but it's all about sticking to a plan I noticed. The reason why I start loosing is not really making bad deals, but the risk I start taking for some deals. Basically, when I stick to the plan of 0 01 and max 0.02 lot per trade I make a steady profit of about 2 dollar on 150 dollar account a day. Which for me as a beginner is quite well. So why don't I stick to my plan, because sitting 4 to 6 hours finding trades I can do is quite exhausting for just two dollars.

Of course I realise compared to experience traders I have an awful lot to learn. The most important thing I learned stay out of trading in situations I don't understand.

Because the problem is more share boredom working 5 hours for 2 dollars which leads to unhealthy adit ute of risk taking per trade what would you as experienced trader say if I slowly start capitalizing my trading account, which is quite easy for the money I saved by quiting smoking? For a beginner is an account of 1000 dollar a good idea?

Instead of trading with 0.01 lot I could trade 0.1 lot with about the same amount of risk is my reasoning. And in the end of the day it's much more rewarding

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
$1,000 should be enough to practice prudent position sizing based on some fixed percentage risk per trade. I recommend taking no more risk than 2% per trade. You can calculate the position size based on your account size and stop-loss using our calculator.

Meindert

Trader
Jul 5, 2017
Mijas, Spain
Wow, thank you. I like this calculator. It's very simple and straightforward, put a link to the page!