Not being able to open more trades with 1:1 leverage

Jan 24, 2023
Hey guys! Love the tool that was created! Will make trading a breeze compared to the old way. However, I'm stuck trying to dial in a few settings and could use some help. I think I'm having trouble with setting margin/leverage correctly. I place a few small trades ( .25% ) and my exposure is through the roof. after placing a few of these, it won't let me place anymore trades (Experts tab says "not enough money"). My draw down on a 100k Demo account is only a couple hundred dollars. I'm trading on a 100K Demo account using MT5. When I created the account, I selected 1:1 leverage (I'm just a simple strategy guy, no margin/leverage needed/wanted). Can someone please help me out? Thanks so much in advance!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hey guys! Love the tool that was created! Will make trading a breeze compared to the old way. However, I'm stuck trying to dial in a few settings and could use some help. I think I'm having trouble with setting margin/leverage correctly. I place a few small trades ( .25% ) and my exposure is through the roof. after placing a few of these, it won't let me place anymore trades (Experts tab says "not enough money"). My draw down on a 100k Demo account is only a couple hundred dollars. I'm trading on a 100K Demo account using MT5. When I created the account, I selected 1:1 leverage (I'm just a simple strategy guy, no margin/leverage needed/wanted). Can someone please help me out? Thanks so much in advance!
You ran out of margin to trade. That's normal. You should increase either your account balance or your account leverage if you want to open more trades. This has little to do with the Position Sizer.

Jan 24, 2023
You ran out of margin to trade. That's normal. You should increase either your account balance or your account leverage if you want to open more trades. This has little to do with the Position Sizer.
Ok. So if my account is 100k with no draw down, what should I set my leverage to- to achieve 1:1? Is there a certain input where I can enter an amount that constantly keeps leverage 1:1? Or am I talking about the wrong area to fix my problem?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok. So if my account is 100k with no draw down, what should I set my leverage to- to achieve 1:1? Is there a certain input where I can enter an amount that constantly keeps leverage 1:1? Or am I talking about the wrong area to fix my problem?
I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to keep your account's leverage at 1:1 and still open more trades, then you need to ask your broker to increase your demo account's balance.