My Simple Strategy

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
You have a chart and a CCI, all you have to do is to backtest when CCI crosses the zero line, mark a line on which candle or a MA during that zero line cross. Wait for a pullback to that level and trade it. Everyone can try it themselves. No trader is going to spoonfeed something that can be easily done. Ordering people to post a 6 months results is ridiculous. You think people are working for you, treat people with respect not slaves. Anyway, if you don't accept it, go ahead. I already said I won't spoon-feed anyone here. Period.
As they say, "Beware of strangers bearing gifts!"

• 👍
Reactions: wanorbit

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
The point is I don't need you to take my suggestions and advice seriously lol. I am neither here to sell any retail systems nor am I here to gain subcribers for monetization. I am not allowed to leak out any institutional concepts since they are proprietary. You and wanorbit can go ahead and take that I am talking nonsense. I find it very troublesome to convince retail because guys like you love taking things for granted.
You are misunderstanding the approach loneblade, we appreciate your suggestions, and as you made the improvements suggestions, its best to see the results from you because you know exactly what you are talking about very cleary and you can document the addons likewise hence you implementing it and it being a resource will assist traders, you can show us result videos and as well narrative detail on how to setup the addon strategy, we sure will be asking questions furthermore, it is not fair to Gazfx to carry on doing the work from every suggestion, we would appreciate if you can technically contribute by implementing the addon strategy you suggested and developing the .exe to be used on MT5 and MT4 platforms, we really would appreciate it, thanks!

• 👍
Reactions: GazFx

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
You are misunderstanding the approach loneblade, we appreciate your suggestions, and as you made the improvements suggestions, its best to see the results from you because you know exactly what you are talking about very cleary and you can document the addons likewise hence you implementing it and it being a resource will assist traders, you can show us result videos and as well narrative detail on how to setup the addon strategy, we sure will be asking questions furthermore, it is not fair to Gazfx to carry on doing the work from every suggestion, we would appreciate if you can technically contribute by implementing the addon strategy you suggested and developing the .exe to be used on MT5 and MT4 platforms, we really would appreciate it, thanks!
?

Kxeroo

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Isn't easier to draw on a chart and we will see if it is a valuable contribution. I am not going to give a full comment about your approach as it will be hijacking this thread but it would be nice to hear things to develop this system. Forums are to share ideas with the same interests so "I am not going to spoon feed people" is the most absurd thing to be said on a forum. ;)

• 👍
Reactions: GazFx

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
Isn't easier to draw on a chart and we will see if it is a valuable contribution. I am not going to give a full comment about your approach as it will be hijacking this thread but it would be nice to hear things to develop this system. Forums are to share ideas with the same interests so "I am not going to spoon feed people" is the most absurd thing to be said on a forum. ;)
Ah I make a mistake suggesting a silly idea which will devalue/deviate the strategy poorly. I was saying nonsense, please ignore

Kxeroo

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Gary I have some questions. Okay you outlined entry rules clearly there is no problem on that. But what would be the exit of the trade? Is it totaly discretionary or there is certain things you follow or should be followed?
Another thing is knowing trend doesn't last forever is there any way to eliminate a possible loss of a trend turn or ranging markets?

Regards,

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Gary I have some questions. Okay you outlined entry rules clearly there is no problem on that. But what would be the exit of the trade? Is it totaly discretionary or there is certain things you follow or should be followed?
Another thing is knowing trend doesn't last forever is there any way to eliminate a possible loss of a trend turn or ranging markets?

Regards,
This is a really good point, and one I have tried to address. Not sure if you have seen post #77 earlier in this thread, but it includes a short video on exit strategies. Here it is again, and please let me know your thoughts:

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com

Regards,

I gave some feedback on this in the post above, but wanted to expand a little more to give greater insight, so I have spent the morning putting my thoughts in writing. I trust this helps in establishing your own set of exit rules.

Trend Continuation Strategy
Exit Methods

I have said it before, and I will say it again, “Getting into a trade is easy…getting out is hard.”

The search for the perfect exit strategy continues.

Like most trading strategies, the Trend Continuation Strategy provides clearly defined entry rules that are easy to interpret and apply. Making the exit, however, is anything but clearly defined. This is not unique to this strategy.

Why is making the exit so difficult? We have no way to determine in advance how far prices will move before reversing. We cannot plan ahead with certainty, and that makes us vulnerable to second-guessing and emotional decisions.

Taking a closer look at the Trend Continuation Strategy, you realize that there are only three exit methods available other than the initial Entry Stop Loss: (1) Profit Target, (2) Trailing Stop Loss, and (3) SSMA Exit Signal.

Profit Target: *

This could be as simple as multiplying the stop-loss by a given risk-reward factor, or setting a percentage return on account funds, or targeting the next support-resistance level. For example, a 30 pip stop-loss could be multiplied by 3 to produce a profit target with a 1:3 risk-reward ratio, or you could exit the trade when open profit hits 5% of account funds.

But, already you can see the arbitrary nature of these methods. Should the profit target be a 1:3 risk-reward, 1:2, or 1:5? Should it be 5% of account funds, 3%, or 15%? Should I use H4 support-resistance, H1, or D1? There is no certainty.

Trailing Stop Loss: **

The adage “cut your losses short and let your profits run” is as true today as it ever was, and the Trailing Stop Loss is the perfect tool for achieving this. In fact, the Trend Continuation Strategy already includes the Trailing Stop Loss method to protect account funds whilst allowing a trade room to play-out. It is especially good at locking-in an increasing portion of unrealized open profits over extended price trends, but it is also prone to give back large portions of profit when the trend reverses direction. It’s not perfect and presents dilemmas of its own.

Too wide and you risk giving back too much profit, too narrow and you risk premature exit from an otherwise profitable trade.

How you use the Trailing Stop Loss will depend on your personal game plan. If your plan is to use the Trend Continuation Strategy as a series of entry points to build a long-term position, then a Trailing Stop Loss will provide the perfect solution, but if your plan is to enter and exit short-term opportunities within a price trend, then it’s not a perfect solution. If your focus is short-term, you will do better to use the Trailing Stop Loss to protect funds against catastrophic loss, and rely on something a little closer to price action to time your exits.

SSMA Exit Signal: ***

Smoothed moving averages (SSMA) of short periods will track the price action closely, with smoothing delaying crossovers until a clear exit signal has occurred. This is my preferred option for short-term trade opportunities. It is simple to apply, and gives definite exit signals that can be relied upon.

Take two smoothed moving averages, one of 3 periods, the other of 5 periods, applied to the close price. As you can see, they hug the price action closely, but smoothing delays crossover and prevents premature exit.

Short-Entry_Exit-Example.png

In the EURUSD above, the first entry/exit scenario clearly demonstrates the advantages of this exit method. The second entry/exit scenario demonstrates what can happen if you follow this method blindly. Whilst the exit generated a (tiny) profit, the trend subsequently continued downwards. My suggestion is to ignore SSMA Exit Signals if price action is close to the EMA50, but to act when it occurs at the end of an obvious price trend, as in the first scenario. Too subjective for you? Then simply act as soon as a SSMA Exit Signal occurs.

Moving on to the GBPAUD below, again the use of a SSMA Exit Signal is demonstrated. This time, however, we get an example of the trade-off between maximum profit potential as opposed to the actual profit derived in this instance. Is it possible that we could have anticipated maximum profit potential ahead of time? Is the resulting profit acceptable? You have to decide.

Long-Entry_Exit-Example.png

You can combine a Trailing Stop Loss with SSMA Exit Signals to build a long-term position, by using the SSMA Exit Signals as Add Position Signals instead. The Trailing Stop Loss is widened and used as the exit mechanism, whilst new positions are added as the trend develops. Big profits are made this way, but you need to exercise discipline and conviction to ride-out the many price retracements along the way. After all, it’s these retracements that present the opportunities to build the position.

AUDUSDH4add.png

Conclusion:

This is a brief outline of how I personally deal with exits. It is by no means perfect, but it does give me definitive parameters on which to base my decisions. It works for me.

Everything is a trade-off. Set a Trailing Stop Loss, or Entry Stop Loss, that is too tight, and you will lose less money on a losing trade, but do so more often. Set a stop that is too loose and you will lose more on a losing trade, but do so less often. Use only a Trailing Stop Loss, and be prepared to give back profits but build a potentially bigger position, or use the Trailing Stop Loss to protect against catastrophe while SSMA Exit Signals take care of profit extraction.

I think that what we are delving into here is intuition based on personal exposure to the markets and experience gained. This intuition allows a trader the flexibility of applying the same strategy to multiple markets or asset types, but with subtle differences that recognize the behavior of one over the other. For example, volatility expands and contracts at certain times for specific asset types, and your knowledge and intuition will dictate the subtle changes you make to accommodate this…almost without having to think about what you are doing. But I can’t teach you this. Nobody can teach you this. So there are no short-cuts!

All we can do is establish a rules-based strategy, and apply it rigidly, only departing from the rules when genuine intuition is attained. We cannot define when that will be, but we will know when we get there. Until then, choose your rules and stick to them.

• 👍
Reactions: Erebus

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
Weekly Review: Savaged!
do you use breakouts in combination to simple strategy because i noticed the reversals were all breakouts, i will include the breakout finder or breakout indicator finder, so when alerted of a possible breakout, i will exit my simple strategy trade, i got affected myself..cheers!

Jenner

Trader
Apr 19, 2021
Here’s the only catch. The need to monitor 28 currency pairs on the H4 time-frame does make this strategy a bit time intensive. This is a negative, but it is well worth it if you are able to dedicate the time needed.
This strategy looks really interesting!

But like you said this is a disadvantage....

Is there an EA for this?

thanks