MT4 Strategy Tester Customize Report

crows

Jul 14, 2023
Hi all, Ive have some purchased EAs in MT4 and would like to know whether there is a possibility to customize the backtest report to add a couple extra performance indicators.

I'd like to add maximum equity drawdown and recovery factor.

Is this possible, I have no programming knowledge.

Thanks

crows

Jul 14, 2023
Hi thanks for this....are you saying its not possible to extract equity drawdown but can extract recovery factor? isnt recovery factor determined by net profit/maximum equity drawdown? Someone on fivver said they can do it, are they havingng me on?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi thanks for this....are you saying its not possible to extract equity drawdown but can extract recovery factor? isnt recovery factor determined by net profit/maximum equity drawdown? Someone on fivver said they can do it, are they havingng me on?
Our report analysis tool uses the balance drawdown to calculate the recovery factor. Calculating equity drawdown is definitely possible, but is very difficult because you basically need to get all the relevant price history from the broker you traded in and process it to calculate the equity curve. That's because the account history in MetaTrader doesn't store any information on equity.

crows

Jul 14, 2023
I'm using the same broker for MT4 and MT5, MT5 provides equity drawdown and a lot more data. I was thinking the data is there it's just a matter of extracting it. Maybe I have over simplified it.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm using the same broker for MT4 and MT5, MT5 provides equity drawdown and a lot more data. I was thinking the data is there it's just a matter of extracting it. Maybe I have over simplified it.
Yeah, in MT5 Strategy Tester reports (but not in MT4 and not in MT5 normal account reports), there is equity maximum drawdown available.

crows

Jul 14, 2023
Thanks Im now using MT5 and the reports are much better and more in depth...I'm struggling to be able to merge 3-4 reports as one.
Is this possibe? its easy with MT4 with a programme i have, unfortunately that programme does not work with Mt5 reports. I'm using free version of Quant Analyzer, it works but it does not include some of the key metrics that are their in the default MT5 report.
Thanks