MQ4 Code Works

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
/-----

yes..... the jfatl, jjma, stoch, ao, psar, aima, tsr, raghee, qqe, ljsig and some others all use the 240, 1440, 10080, and 43200 tfs......

i just follow their lead...... really seldom look at the chart such as the one below...... that's too much visual information...... all i need is the combined counts and the up/dn ratio per pair...... and the length of the current trend.... just a few numbers.....

check the chart below...... the eurusd has a 69 magenta count ...... a 17 lime count ...... the daily tsr(89) has been red for only 2 days,......

not only is the 69/17 ratio important but also how long has that been going on....... there is a point of diminishing returns and expectations........ this where knowing the average length of every signal on every pair on every timeframe is of value.......

divide the average length by 2, and prepare to exit......h
//-----

eurusd-h1-oanda-division1.png

//---- the chart below here can be summed and display in the manner above......

eurusd-d1-oanda-division1.png
Hayseed - currently working on my own dashboard and indicator in this fashion. Curious about your counts in the image on top. 17 Lime counts on EU, but I can only count 7 Lime signals on the chart on the bottom. Where do you derive the 17 and 69 for EURUSD?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Hayseed - currently working on my own dashboard and indicator in this fashion. Curious about your counts in the image on top. 17 Lime counts on EU, but I can only count 7 Lime signals on the chart on the bottom. Where do you derive the 17 and 69 for EURUSD?
//-----

look between the charts, //---- the chart below here can be summed and display in the manner above......

they are not looking at the same thing......

sometimes it's clearer to subtract the sells from the buys and create a oscillator with a imaonarray of it..... or a multicolored histogram.....

the two lower indicators in the chart below are examples......

as the buy signals increase the histogram rises and falls as the sells increase......h

//-----

audnzd-h1-oanda-division1-m.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//----

i'm on a different laptop right now so this might not be what was on that chart...... you'll need the icustoms also.....

it should show you what was going on.....h
//-----

Attachments

• Count em all.ex4
    35.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Count em all.mq4
    9.7 KB · Views: 14

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
10/4. Will look into that code!

On another note, I am attempting to work on the 3 pigs, but with all of the indicators. I am running into a snag. For some reason, any the buffers get to the "Months", it just sticks with one color. I have tried using both 40320 and PERIOD_MN1, but no dice. I also downloaded the data for Month as well. still nothing. Can you tell what is going wrong?

They are the values at 1.7, 1.3, and 0.9. Thanks for any insights!

1649916895169.png

1649917021748.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Ah, disregard… I fudged the numbers!
//-------

lol...... i never do that...... lol......

the indicator below another way to achieve the same thing......

if you assign small numbers for their position, you can put many in one window...... like 0.95, 0.90, 0.85, 0.80 ....... just keep applying them to the same window......
//------

try to find 5 trades today that you can place trades on 4/17/22 which will make 100$ each that week...... 500$ total..... find them today ....

try to find 5 trades today that you can place trades on 4/24/22 which will make 100$ each that week...... 500$ total..... find them today.....

so 10 trades total...... 1000$ total...... the pair, the lot size, pips profit target and expected length of trade..... find them today.....h
//------

audusd-h4-oanda-division1-4-s.png

//-----

Attachments

• 4 almas.mq4
    6.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 4 almas.ex4
    17.7 KB · Views: 9

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
Honest question, is that an exercise, or a signal that something’s coming?

I’ll be looking closer at the charts today, and hopefully refining the code a bit as well.

how are you using stoch in your indi’s? or AO?

Do you use the zero-cross basis, or the trigger line?

I notice mine so far (60 TSR, 89 TSR, alma, PSAR) are all primary window indicators in close of price, so they correlate alot (in other words, worrying that I’m picking a bunch of indicators that are basically telling me the same thing. I feel I need more sub-window based indicators.

I noticed you had some unique ones…. JFATL, etc. where did you find those? I’d never heard of them and google doesn’t bring much up either

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Honest question, is that an exercise, or a signal that something’s coming?
//------

it's just something i do without fail...... i want to know this wednesday what i'll be trading next sunday.....

overall, if you can know now what you'll be trading 48 hours from now, you winning trades will increase..... mine should be proof enough.....

i don't use the stoch crossing a line..... i use the separation of it and its moving average..... physics..... objects in motion.....

the jjma, jfatl and some of the others are jurik moving averages...... they respond fast..... i have posted them on enivids site here or forexfactory.....

take about 50 indicators and plot them in the dots manner...... you'll quickly see some are the first to signal, some slightly later and so on......

when the momentum indicators are falling and jjma, jfatl, alma and such begin to fall, it's worth looking closer.....

when trend or counter trend trading , try to predict every trade, pair, direction, pips target and duration 48 hours in advance......
//----

trading , at least for me, is not easy...... listening is....... and i listen to every indicator........h
//------

400 and 1.jpg

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
I found those indicators, you were correct, they were on FF!

As far as the finding trades 48 hours out... again my gut is talking because my head is being scratched too raw to think...

I assume your looking 48 hours out... so Daily or 4H counter trends that are extending beyond their average run? This brings me to another question, if you can imagine...

When your bar counts are reaching their limits... are you looking at momentum style indicators there (AO, JFATL, JJMA), or would you be more concerned if TSR, ALMA, etc were reaching its limits?

Because the latter is a bit slower, even if not by much, I imagine they might carry more influence when they get beyond their averages.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I assume your looking 48 hours out... so Daily or 4H counter trends that are extending beyond their average run? This brings me to another question, if you can imagine...

When your bar counts are reaching their limits... are you looking at momentum style indicators there (AO, JFATL, JJMA), or would you be more concerned if TSR, ALMA, etc were reaching its limits?
//------

48 hours or more......

when the counts on the weekly and daily reach their limits, i begin watching the jjma, jfatl and alma for a red 0, 1, or 2 on the 240..... preferably a red 1..... the last zigzag leg on the 1440 and 10080 are important......

i've mentioned the audusd, nzdusd, audcad, nzdcad and audnzd several times over the last week or more....... for a reason......

that's only 5 pairs...... using only those 5 pairs , tell me what to do to make 100$ per chart next week..... 16,000$ account with no open trades, 50 to 1 leverage, fifo , oanda......

i need the pair, the trade direction, the lot size, the pips profit target and amount of time required beginning sundays open.....

with no losses.....h

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
I'm not going to lie. I am not there with the numbers yet. I know you are very good with the estimation of Pips per candle, candles per signal, time to complete. Because I don't have that data (I am working on it though!), I can only give a rough overview of what I think we would look for.

AUD/CAD

Trend Indicators are a majority green with Hight TF, Small TF are red. Momentum is bearish going into the weekend. So I would personally be looking for the Green 1 within the momentum and trend following indicators.

From there, at $0.79 per .1 lots, we would need about 126 pips. Weekly ATR is 144, Daily is 60. So, in theory, we would need to look for 10 high probability setups for 12.6pips. 4hr ATR is 24pips. Based on chose trigger, and average length of signal, it stands to reason, with only 10 entries, the total time in trade during next week would be 20 hours, or 5 4hr candles... when and where they come, who is to say.

I know it's not as clean as you usually spit out, but is the thinking on the right track? I just need to learn how to code those thoughts that can give me those numbers.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
AUD/CAD
is the thinking on the right track? I just need to learn how to code those thoughts that can give me those numbers.
//-----

yes, your thinking seems to be on track for a continuation of trend trade and they work the longest..... but must say, it will be hard to keep priscilla living in the lap of luxury with just one pair..... need 5...... her push mower lost a front wheel last year..... course she can still use it but it makes the grass look unlevel......

need 5...... 5 trades on wednesday that will make at least 100 each next week...... these are weekly trades...... with some exceptions they should close by next wednesday.....
//------

the combined weekly atr of the audcad, nzdcad, audusd, nzdusd, and audnzd is little over 700 pips..... the combined daily atr on those pairs is about 350 pips.....

3 mini lots on each for 50 pips on each should more than cover the 100$ on each..... all that's left is deciding trade direction, buy or sell......

below were my choices for next week...... usually place them 48 hours before sundays open , so sometime after wednesday usually thursday...... if they make something this week , good..... sometimes they don't....... but they still must make at least 100 each next week .....

my close all goal is 1000..... +/- of course.....h
//------
48 hours.png

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
I know it! I wasn’t dismissing the other 4 pairs. It’s just because I don’t have those handy. I’m working on getting those coded this weekend.

As far as your trades, I think where I’m left confused is how can you place the trades now when you’re saying they are your trades for Sunday? Only asking because it appears some already over the $100 mark.

Also, and I am making assumptions which isn’t usually good, I thought you like to have triggers or red/green 1’s or 2’s?

How could you place a trade for 48h plus since there’s inst that signal trigger yet?

Questions may sound crazy, but just trying to think like you

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
How could you place a trade for 48h plus since there’s inst that signal trigger yet?
//----

for some reason i have always liked getting to work very early...... it's a habit.....

if the audusd weekly jjma count is 0 today, what might it be on monday or tuesday next week...... couldn't we buy early.....

and btw, i now need a single trade next week for the month of may...... one that will make 1000$ during the month of may........ 5 mini lots maximum..... a single trade.....

early bird gets the worm......h
//------

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
I saw that video on YouTube (I am subbed). I appreciate greatly the direct shoutout! You definitely didn't confuse me, I don't think. I have been following you a long time, and I think I have simply gotten hung up on the deeper rules I have seen you use over the past 3 years or so...

The one I recall the most, I believe I saw it on FF, was you talking about TSR/ALMA... "I don't like trading against the TSR. Especially if the daily and weekly don't agree"... I know that is not word for word, but there was something along those lines. Now, again, I have zero doubt you are still holding these true for the most part in most of your trades...

HOWEVER,

If I understand your video above, it's more about pre-empting the market... if you see a JJMA Red 0, better to take the trade now if you have reason enough to think you will get to JJMA Red 2. Or with your comments on the fractals.. if you are in an uptrend, why buy breakouts when you can buy dips... I agree completely.

I think what is throwing me for a loop, is just a few months ago, I was learning to emulate your signal counts and length-of-signal measurements, but it seems what you are trying to drive home in the above video is to simply check for the first turn of an indicator...

For example in your AUDUSD chart above... buying on the arrow because it is a JJMA Green 0 (getting ahead of the JJMA Green 2)... if your goal is $100/$1000... wouldn't your trade be closed before you even got to Green 2? if so, what trade do you place for the next week then? or do you simply wait for the next JJMA Red cycle, and re-enter on the JJMA Green 0 that comes next?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I saw that video on YouTube (I am subbed). I appreciate greatly the direct shoutout! You definitely didn't confuse me, I don't think. I have been following you a long time, and I think I have simply gotten hung up on the deeper rules I have seen you use over the past 3 years or so...

The one I recall the most, I believe I saw it on FF, was you talking about TSR/ALMA... "I don't like trading against the TSR. Especially if the daily and weekly don't agree"... I know that is not word for word, but there was something along those lines. Now, again, I have zero doubt you are still holding these true for the most part in most of your trades...

HOWEVER,

If I understand your video above, it's more about pre-empting the market... if you see a JJMA Red 0, better to take the trade now if you have reason enough to think you will get to JJMA Red 2. Or with your comments on the fractals.. if you are in an uptrend, why buy breakouts when you can buy dips... I agree completely.

I think what is throwing me for a loop, is just a few months ago, I was learning to emulate your signal counts and length-of-signal measurements, but it seems what you are trying to drive home in the above video is to simply check for the first turn of an indicator...

For example in your AUDUSD chart above... buying on the arrow because it is a JJMA Green 0 (getting ahead of the JJMA Green 2)... if your goal is $100/$1000... wouldn't your trade be closed before you even got to Green 2? if so, what trade do you place for the next week then? or do you simply wait for the next JJMA Red cycle, and re-enter on the JJMA Green 0 that comes next?
//-----

yes, your are dead on........ on all points....

i really don't like trading against the daily and weekly alma/tsr..... it's trading against the trend...... time in trade increases and winning ratio decreases..... it's not the best solution for me..... though many people claim success counter trend trading, i seem to always struggle......

pre-empting the market..... i really like your term...... that is exactly the wednesday trade deal..... but it is still counting..... as you said, i'm trying to get ahead of the 2 count..... but the color is the same.....

with the exception of psar, bbands, pivots and such, about half the time and pips are lost in a signals transition..... indicators lag...... for it to turn from red to lime, the price must move up first..... that takes both time and pips to turn it ........ on both ends..... that's why i say cut the signals length in half.....

keep in mind, that video was only for the wednesday trades, which there seldom over 10 a week and a completely different account..... the 100/1000 is just a goal..... easy numbers to visualize, nothing more.... those are weekly trades...... occasionally i'll let them run if the next higher timeframe says i should or if they are not behaving...... don't get me wrong, if they are up 1000 by friday, they will be toast ..... and next week will have to fend for itself.......

taking this to the monthly level, i believe there is a single trade that will make 10,000 in may...... 1 standard lot entered next week...... two weeks in advance.......

or lose 10,000......h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
will put the pedal to the metal next week.....h
//-----

when creating your own personalize control or dashboard type panels, it helps to use includes..... this allows you to easily move the component blocks around to suit your needs....... or delete some and insert others......

at some point there might be far to much just-gotta-have information for a single page..... a single script can be like a book where you can just thumb through the pages.....

in the book , the richest man in babylon, Algamish warns Arkad about the of taking advice from a brickmaker on trading rare jewels ..... he says, ask a jeweler about jewels, not a brickmaker......

momentum indicators only know about momentum..... trend indicators only know about trend...... so you might want to arrange your book by topic..... this way your asking advice from the indicator that won't lead you astray.......h
//------

eurjpy-d1-oanda-division1-later.png

//-----

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
If I understand your video above, it's more about pre-empting the market...
//-----

consider it pre-empted......

made a whole herd of small trades at the markets open this afternoon while eating at our favorite fine restaurant..........

now i'll begin to swing it all to some pre-emptive countertrend trades for may......

and probably end up washin dishes at subway.....h
//-----

IMG_4238.jpg
//-----

toast.jpg

Attachments

• taco bell.gif
    taco bell.gif
    6 KB · Views: 2

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
hayseed...

If I were to tell you that an alma signal averages close to 6 bars per signal... or JFATL might feel better at 5 bars per signal, or JJMA feeling better at 4, or that TSR could average as much as 50 bars per signal.. or PSAR feels better at 12-13 bars per signal...

how warm would I be?