Minimum investment

Akwin

Trader
Oct 12, 2020
What do you think is the minimum investment here in Forex trading in order to get a good profit? Is it true that the higher the investment, the higher the profit?
Good Day,

Great comment, please allow me to inform you of what I have learned, the minimum capital required for forex is 100 $ in starting capital, however, I am still a newbie so I am practicing on Demo accounts, and it's not a fact that the higher the investment, the higher the profit, this depends on the trading strategy that you're using.

Feel free to ask for more details.

Regards,
Akwin

Jerry_Ken

Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Good Day,

Great comment, please allow me to inform you of what I have learned, the minimum capital required for forex is 100 $ in starting capital, however, I am still a newbie so I am practicing on Demo accounts, and it's not a fact that the higher the investment, the higher the profit, this depends on the trading strategy that you're using.

Feel free to ask for more details.

Regards,
Akwin
Is the minimum requirement same with all brokers?

Akwin

Trader
Oct 12, 2020
Is the minimum requirement same with all brokers?
Hello, all brokers have different minimums generally between 100-5000. With less than 100 is not enough to trade with unless you use a cent account, in which case there is often no minimum. Regards.

• 👍
Reactions: Jerry_Ken

Jerry_Ken

Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Hello, all brokers have different minimums generally between 100-5000. With less than 100 is not enough to trade with unless you use a cent account, in which case there is often no minimum. Regards.
I see. Thanks for letting me know.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I read about a study once where the results found that $3,000 per month was a decent income based on a $30,000 deposit. Of course, this would be influenced by your strategy, skill, and various other factors but I believe that it was just to kind of get an idea to base things off of.

Henry520

Jan 11, 2022
traders fixed their minimum deposit according to their knowledge and demands. if you are a new in trading i think $200 is more appropriate to start a real account , i started my trading account like this.

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
traders fixed their minimum deposit according to their knowledge and demands. if you are a new in trading i think $200 is more appropriate to start a real account , i started my trading account like this.
To be able to start trading we will need a minimum amount of 100USD

JoshEvansFX

Trader
Jul 7, 2021
What do you think is the minimum investment here in Forex trading in order to get a good profit? Is it true that the higher the investment, the higher the profit?
I know some brokers allow a min deposit of $10, but definitely not enough to be successful long term.

I would say at least $1,000.

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
Big investment usually returns bigger profit. It is true because there is a thing called money management. Money management suggests that a trader should not take more than 2% risk in a single trade. It means the bigger the investment the bigger the return is. However, if a trader does not know how trading should be done, no investment is big enough for him to survive in this market.

Paul Sachin

Banned
Feb 14, 2022
Though you can start with as little as 10 dollars. I would say starting with 100 dollars will be the best investment a beginner trader can make. The Forex market is highly leveraged, and the broker's margin can be as high as 50:1 to 3003:1, which means that both profit and loss potentials get magnified. Make sure you start the trading with less leverage to maximize your trading profit.

Lewis Capaldi

Jan 23, 2022
Don’t worry on your initial trading capital! If you have enough trading knowledge, then your small trading capital is enough here! But I guess $100 is okay, if you are a newcome here! And please don’t, don’t break the rule of money management! Forex isn’t the place of gambling!

• 👍
Reactions: Paul Sachin

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I know some brokers allow a min deposit of $10, but definitely not enough to be successful long term.

I would say at least $1,000.
Oh yes, I forgot about cent accounts - that's what brokers that allow trading with tiny deposits are often called. It is a good way of practicing, a great next step after a demo account, but it is indeed not much for making profit.

• 👍
Reactions: e_abrams