Minimum investment

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
What do you think is the minimum investment here in Forex trading in order to get a good profit? Is it true that the higher the investment, the higher the profit?

• 👍
Reactions: xerof

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
Yes, it's true. It depends on your need. I'd say that even 500 bucks will be more than enough for a beginner.
If we talking about profit, from 10K$ and more.... will be ok.

• 👍
Reactions: SweetPrincess

Mayzee

Trader
Jun 23, 2017
What do you think is the minimum investment here in Forex trading in order to get a good profit? Is it true that the higher the investment, the higher the profit?
Well first of all it depends what your definition of "good profit" happens to be.

Secondly, higher investment only means higher profit if you are trading profitably. Higher investment could just as easily mean higher losses if you aren't.

The fact that you're asking these questions tells me two things.

1) You need to spend more time trading demo accounts until you can at minimum trade a single system profitably
2) Once you do have a system that seems as if it's working in demo, switch to a SMALL (2,000 maybe) account and see if you can follow the system with real money and trade that profitably placing very tiny trade sizes. Find a micro lot trader and trade single micro lots while you're testing that your system will translate well for you when it's real money.

Only then should you be asking yourself what it will take for you to earn "good profits" from your trading system.

My .02 anyway

• 👍
Reactions: SweetPrincess

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
Thank you very much for this beautiful explanation.. You are correct, one must practice trading first using demo accounts and when the time comes that you are already familiar with the platform and already know the system of your trading, that is the time that we could have bigger investment and earn good profits.. :)

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
If you are confident enough, then no problem with high trading investment! But initially don’t invest all of your money in your one account! I think, 1K is a good amount of capital for the novice traders! But, small capital is not a big issue if traders have enough knowledge!

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
No, high trading investment doesn’t mean always high profit! But, it’s true a decent trading capital is also important here! Knowledge is much important than trading capital! A good skilled trader can overcome his low investment problem very smartly! By the way, I seem 500$ is a good capital to start with.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
No, high trading investment doesn’t mean always high profit! But, it’s true a decent trading capital is also important here! Knowledge is much important than trading capital! A good skilled trader can overcome his low investment problem very smartly! By the way, I seem 500$ is a good capital to start with.
In fact, high investment CAN mean higher profit, as you make your risk lower
I'm not sure that $500 is enough, maybe for some practice, but not for making consistent profit

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
In fact, high investment CAN mean higher profit, as you make your risk lower
I'm not sure that $500 is enough, maybe for some practice, but not for making consistent profit

You are right, 500$ is not for living! Since, more than 75% new traders lose their 1st live trading account! That’s way I think, new traders need to make sure their trading skill first by low investment, then for final jump!

JimTatum

Trader
Jan 28, 2017
SanDiego
Hi,

You can start trading account from 100$. It is good to start trading for beginners. But you have to use small lot sizes for this capital. Based on your needs whether you are a short-term or long-term trader, you can choose your capital. If you have large capital, your profit will also be high based on your leverage and lot size. It is not good to choose high leverage for small capital. It will wipe out your account when there is a big loss.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Beginners should not invest that amount which they can't afford to loose, i guess much of the amount is wasted by them while testing the forex trading processes so better to start off with 100$ which can be a good amount to learn experience even if you loose that amount.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
The best amount to start trading is the cash available with you to invest however it is suggesting to start trading with a demo account and once decided to go for live trading always start with small amount to confirm broker's further processes like withdrawal etc.

Banni

Trader
Apr 20, 2017
If you're a newbie on the forum, you shouldn't open a deposit too large, it's even better to open a demo or cent account. And when the trading will be in the plus, then deposit a larger sum, but one that is not crucial to lose. And it's understandable, the higher the depo, the higher the profit may be.