is there any EXCEL master to help me?

nakladalka

Trader
Jul 19, 2020
Hello, i am looking for someone who knows a lot about excel. I have "very simple" task, to analyze one candlestick pattern on double time frame.

1. i run test on mt4 ea and export results to excel (first time frame)
  2. again exporting results to excel for second time frame
  3. compare two time frame tables to find out if this pattern happens on both time frames in custom time window
so basically i want this: if pattern on first time frame occurs (1h), does same pattern occurs in second time frame (5min) in the next hour after first?
that would be like double confirmation of pattern, and great for analysis of how to increase reliability of pattern.

If anyone is interested, please tell me and i can give you more detailed view on that matter. Thanks.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
  1. i run test on mt4 ea and export results to excel (first time frame)
  2. again exporting results to excel for second time frame
  3. compare two time frame tables to find out if this pattern happens on both time frames in custom time window
//----

hey nakladalka...... wouldn't it be simpler just to make that comparison in metratrader itself....h

nakladalka

Trader
Jul 19, 2020
//----

hey nakladalka...... wouldn't it be simpler just to make that comparison in metratrader itself....h

hey, thanks for answer. um actually i cant do that comparison, because metatrader ea tests just one time frame at once, so i do not have idea how to do on multiple time frame. Maybe with indicator but i am even not a coder, so to change the program would probably cost me quite a bit.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
hey, thanks for answer. um actually i cant do that comparison, because metatrader ea tests just one time frame at once, so i do not have idea how to do on multiple time frame. Maybe with indicator but i am even not a coder, so to change the program would probably cost me quite a bit.
//----

hey nakladalka..... somewhere i have posted mt4 scripts exporting results to excel like your wanting..... seems like i even made a video on it.....

you can back test multiple time frames in a single mt4 ea...... it's just another condition....

a wild guess as to what you mean by patterns as example,

suppose you want to sell a bearish four hour pin bar only when there have been 3 daily bullish bars.... that is 2 separate patterns on 2 separate time frames...... that can be backtested in mt4....

it's just conditions.....h