If you haven't had a Positive+ month... We should talk

dBO

Trader
Apr 9, 2013
Hello Fellow Traders,

My hypothesis is to see if by talking to traders 1-on-1 about their thoughts and trading performance that it will increase the traders' mental game and see positive changes happening in their long term trading results...just from chatting.

If you want to talk with someone about trading/life/problems/advice/vent about a bad trade/etc (completely confidential, will never post actual conversations)...

If this might be something your interested in, PM me and i will get back you with a time/date.

{The reason i wanted to start this thread was bc during my best or worst times in trading i would go online and pray to see that one of my trading buddies would be online so that i can just chat. Trading is very lonely and very hard to deal with sometimes. I have found from my own experience that chatting on forums is not enough...too many opinions that limit what people say and post (especially when dealing with losses; keeping losses secret). I am talking about a 1-on-1 chat with someone that is just trying to help and benefit their trading career.}

dBO

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I think those who are serious traders will not agree to your proposal of a 1-on-1 chat.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I don't evaluate my profits on monthly basis, but on quarterly or annual basis.

I evaluate them every week and monitor my performance closely.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
You can even evaluate them on a daily basis. But can you determine whether you make a profit or loss in a week? Can you trade with an utmost certainty? Do you stay glued to your screen?

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
You can even evaluate them on a daily basis. But can you determine whether you make a profit or loss in a week? Can you trade with an utmost certainty? Do you stay glued to your screen?

Yes you can, just look at your portfolio.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Hey, nobody will teach you. but there are guys which will help you with some aspects

The charts and markets are the best teachers out there and their opinion is the only one that matters.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Wasn’t it 40% accuracy that gave me nearly 12000 pips (49%) in the year 2011? Wasn’t it only 35% accuracy that gave me 4500 pips (21%) in the year 2012? Isn’t less than 40% accuracy that has given me over 2200 pips (10.2%) so far in this year? Even with this, I usually have more than a few months of losses in a year. Sometimes, I even lose more than 10 or 5 trades in a row, and yet I don’t go down more than 5% or 8%. This is possible because of my very small lot sizes and risk control techniques. I got to cut my losers, or else I’m in trouble. I just make the losses to be so small, so that whenever the market conditions become ok for me, I shoot ahead. For example, if I win 10 or 15 trades in a row, I gain about 10% or 16% or even more.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Wasn’t it 40% accuracy that gave me nearly 12000 pips (49%) in the year 2011? Wasn’t it only 35% accuracy that gave me 4500 pips (21%) in the year 2012? Isn’t less than 40% accuracy that has given me over 2200 pips (10.2%) so far in this year? Even with this, I usually have more than a few months of losses in a year. Sometimes, I even lose more than 10 or 5 trades in a row, and yet I don’t go down more than 5% or 8%. This is possible because of my very small lot sizes and risk control techniques. I got to cut my losers, or else I’m in trouble. I just make the losses to be so small, so that whenever the market conditions become ok for me, I shoot ahead. For example, if I win 10 or 15 trades in a row, I gain about 10% or 16% or even more.

You did not provide all the info necessary in order to follow your math. You did say you use small lot sizes yet you claim to earn 12,000 pips in one year while only trading with an accuracy of 40% or less. You mean to tell us that you get stopped out a lot, but catch every major move? I don't buy it.