I am very new to forex trading.

durgamadhu

Active Trader
Jul 24, 2010
Sir,

I am very new to forex trading. Before doing the trading what are the information I should have and what are the books that I should read and who can be my broker and how much time will it take for me to understand FOREX before trading. Kindly let me know. Thanks in advance.

norhisham

Active Trader
Jul 28, 2010
Hi there.

Yeah right, in terms of information, there's a lot that you can get online. What important is to understand yourself, your true self first. While reading/exploring for information,. bear this in mind - money management and psychology.

cheeseweasel

Active Trader
Sep 23, 2010
www.forextradingzen.net
Yep, the babypips school of pipsology is great for learning the fundamentals.

As far as books go, I'm currently reading Van Tharp's Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom, and it's fantastic.

Also Forex Patterns and Probabilities by Ed Ponsi is good.

turanboi2010

Trader
Dec 17, 2010
Hi everyone,
thanks for the advised forex books above, have you got more info about where to find the best forex eBooks?

Thanks in advance!

jmathers

Trader
Dec 22, 2010
barnes & nobles or borders.com have alot of good ebook versions that you might be looking for. There's another site that is usually included in the back of the books (can't remember it right now) but the monthly fee is about $7-$10 and you get unlimited reads from all the books available.

ForexRouteOne

Trader
Mar 11, 2011
Hello,

My first thread on this forum and I thought I'd talk about starting out in Forex. I remember when I first started out. It's very exciting and there are many ways of making extra income with Forex trading. My only problem when I started out was the amount of sales clutter on the net. There are too many people out there, trying to part newbies with their hard earned cash, in exchange for a Forex bot, or magic formula system. They misguide people with sales tactics and cover the truth with persuasive language. This is why I started my own site which helps people get on the right track in Forex. I'm always transparent with the methods I use. I don't promote unrealistic approaches and I simply give newbies and novice traders real honest methods of trading. I don't intend to be promoting my site endlessly on Forums such as this. But being my first thread, I thought I'd tell people what I do etc. I enjoy Forex and if learnt properly it can provide an income stream for life. It's never smooth, there are always peaks and dips but it's an exciting career nonetheless. I encourage anybody struggling to find their way to visit my site and request the free resources available. I really enjoy hearing back from people as I like to feel like I did help them along the journey to success. Anyway that is my brief introduction. If you are SERIOUS about Forex trading, then at least make your first steps in the RIGHT direction.

David

DonForex

Trader
Aug 3, 2011
Hey there, for a newbie like myself would people suggest an online course like babypips first or to start first with reading the books?

Eva.HantecFx

Trader
Aug 19, 2011
London
Hello,
I would suggest that you read the books, follow the news and at the same time request a demo account to practice. Of course it differs from person to person how one learns, I suggest a demo is also one way to learn to operate well platform and to use all of its features. Of course you also need to be aware of news, which you find online. You may also have a look on youtube and search for tutorials for example.

FXeria

Banned
Sep 14, 2011
You can also try the demo with zulutrade. Choose your providers wisely based on win % performance, dd %, how long they have been trading for, pairs differentiation and last but not least the systems ranking - sos number expressing past trading behavior - combines the risk appetite, losses/ profits, and drawdown easy way to know who is worth following! :) once you fix your strategy, go life;)

lm26172

Banned
Sep 7, 2011
Zulutrade is upgrading – live accounts are getting daily reports; providers are analyzed deeper with three new performance indications – weekly best/worst trade; ranking history chart and max open trades :)

FXeria

Banned
Sep 14, 2011
I also saw a new update concerning the open positions.Above the number pops up a window with info on the amount of daily profit with the corresponding date and number of open trades. The stat goes back from the beginning of the trading history of the provider showing each time the provider opened a trade :)

lm26172

Banned
Sep 7, 2011
Also there is email notification every time a provider has worsen his trading history, or when stopped trading at all with Zulutrade ;)

Matthew

Trader
Oct 14, 2011
I always find the best way to learn is to actually do. After reading into the basics you should find a demo account or trade with a very small amount of capital and wait until you experience some consistent success - be it small or large.

Then consider moving onto trading with money (or more money) and build up your capital.

It's all in my opinion of course, but I feel real experience is far more valuable than reading hundreds of websites, tutorials and books. Good luck.

• 👍
Reactions: FXBR Team

James Hallow

Jan 31, 2017
According to me, experience plays an important & larger role than mere studying the theory. So, I would recommend you to open a demo trading account with few different brokers and check for the various services offered by them.

Once you are comfortable, you can definitely opt for the best broker with best trading conditions. This will also help you find a good broker with good trading conditions & you will learn more about the Forex market through demo account.

• 👍
Reactions: FXBR Team