How much should I risk per trade?

Oswald

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
If you are starting to trade forex, it would be wise to take less risk per trade. I would suggest about 1%. Dont want to sound discouraging, but it is normal for newbie to have higher rate of lose deals. In later stage you can increase this risk level up to 5%.

Finarm

Trader
Sep 3, 2020
finarm.com
It solely depends on your strategy and the amount of capital that you own but it's recommended to stay within this range - 1-3%. If you're a beginner it is especially advisable to use stop-loss orders.

Trader Tom

Trader
Aug 6, 2018
Risking 1% per trade on a small real money account, doing your analysis on the losses and wins too & writing it in a book, is the best way to learn, in my opinion. This way, you are learning to cope ,from the very beginning itself, the reality of losing real money , you are giving yourself the oppurtunity to make a minimum of 100 trades in that account( as u'll be risking only 1% per trade ), the more the trades, the more your skills will grow ,especially, if you record your trades too. All the best.

Akwin

Trader
Oct 12, 2020
Greetings,

Hope you are having a great day.

Please let me inform you of what I have acknowledged after months of learning and practicing, I advise you to risk less than 1% especially if you are a beginner. Feel free to ask for further information.

Best Wishes,
Akwin

Jürgen

Banned
Jan 14, 2021
For a beginner entering into live trading for the first time would suggest to trade with a minimum capital requirement so that there is minimum risk and get familiarized with the software and platforms.

hk_09

Trader
Oct 30, 2020
For a beginner entering into live trading for the first time would suggest to trade with a minimum capital requirement so that there is minimum risk and get familiarized with the software and platforms.
Agreed! Starting low is a safer way to enter live trading, however many make the mistake of beginning with high capital directly, which imposes larger risk.

Aug 5, 2021
Different traders have different risk tolerances but I believe 1% of your total account balance is a good limit to avoid losing too much if things don’t go your way. In some situations, I’ll risk more if I’m very confident about a trade.