Gold vs. Silver

shgrunewald

Trader
Aug 3, 2011
I'd go with silver, when it comes to investment, since is almost at par with gold, it is a hedge against inflation, and it will soon overtake gold's position in the charts being a precious metal in-demand in the computer hardware industry while gold's resources are almost depleted.

Jul 1, 2011
I've found this fact while I was trying to look for answers about this question.

"No doubt, in the natural, what they are saying has some validity, that silver will outperform gold in the long run. And when the dollar finally collapses and becomes worthless, silver and gold values will find their final resting places dictated by world-wide supply and demand. For example, using the arbitrary numbers of $10 per ounce for silver and $600 an ounce for gold, silver could easily reach $110 per ounce ($10 per ounce times 11 = $110) and gold could easily reach $3,000 ($600 per ounce times 5 = $3,000)."

dojo

Trader
Sep 21, 2011
I'd go with gold right now, but not to trade, just to 'stock' for the future. We're into 'bullion' and we have already started buying few coins to keep. I am more inclined to 'own' the gold, than just trade it.

mckenzie101

Trader
Oct 3, 2011
Silver has considerably outperformed gold and other precious metals in recent times due to increased demand. I think precious metals in general have been a gold mine in recent times so i would be happy with either gold or silver but if i was buying right now it would be silver.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
My take on the Gold and Silver since im a technicals trader it doesn't matter, which ever chart its giving me the signals I trade. As far as the gold bugs and dollar collapsers' which I am one. I personally believe we are 10-15yrs from that time and we will see a repeat of the 80's retrace, silver go back down to 15-20$ and gold around 1300-1400$.
Then it will make the real bull rally. I could be totally wrong, and I do hold physical silver and gold but as a hedge of inflation/collapse, so it doesnt matter to me what my physical is nominally valued at in terms of fiat currency.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Personally Im waiting for more info, I think 1700. is going to give some good resistance.
If we got a bull run up to there and some price action I would sell, but it may just box up above the 16 for awhile and I just dont want to get caught in that guessing game. Alot of buyers got shaken out on the last drop, and if the FED decides to assist the US economy in the next few months I think the big money will run back into stocks thus loosing more buyers. I also personally dont think anyone is shorting either......other than JP morgan...lol....Ill meet ya back here when it does happen though;)

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
I personally watch the 200EMA on metals, I just always had the impression that, that's the EMA that most big firms would have on their metals charts...Just a thought, If you know something about the 100 do tell!

DonnaMag

Trader
May 15, 2011
Which do you prefer to trade, Gold or Silver or both & why? I'd like to get everyone's input on this!

Hi FXexpert, it think that it is a matter of times. There are periods in which the gold is very easy to trade. Sometimes the Silver is just going down and you earn money no matter what you do. So it depends on the period. However, I don't think that a trader should like or dislike an instrument, since the technical analysis does not care what you trade. If you have a good trading plan you will be able to earn money in commodities, stocks and forex.

Ryanloop

Trader
Apr 23, 2012
In my opinion it is always good to invest in both gold and silver. as they say it's never good to put all your eggs in one basket, because if the basket falls we are left without eggs, so if we put our money in two different types of investment will not lose everything and always have and resurface ...

Chris Evans

Trader
May 9, 2013
London, UK
Personally I prefer gold, but for a wise investment it is not always good to rely on our preferences. Whether it is to our taste or not, we really have to learn to be flexible enough to adjust to the market values. I play safe: I’m following trends and then I make investments.