Forex broker regulations?

Ahmer

Master Trader
Dec 26, 2014
www.icmarketsfx.com
That's quite literally a piece of bullshit. US citizens can invest in any foreign country that is not designated as a "state sponsor of terrorism."

Actually my answer was very specific only to that comment.
I understand NFA and CFTC regulation requirements for International Brokerages.

Why international Brokerages can't just regulate their business with NFA/CFTC ? After all it will bring more business for them.

Once you find answer to my question you will probably end up with the same answer that i posted previously.

gregkevin

Trader
Jan 11, 2015
Regulated, licensed, authorized or accredited, call it what you want, but change is happening in the binary option brokers industry!

Currently, more than twenty binary option brokers are regulated by CySEC. Cyprus is a member of the EU, and the CySEC license is accepted by all EU countries.No CySEC regulated broker accepts option traders from the United States

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Actually my answer was very specific only to that comment.
I understand NFA and CFTC regulation requirements for International Brokerages.

Why international Brokerages can't just regulate their business with NFA/CFTC ? After all it will bring more business for them.

Once you find answer to my question you will probably end up with the same answer that i posted previously.
A foreign company may get registered with NFA. For example, Oanda is a Canadian broker regulated by CFTC/NFA.

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
A brokers regulation matters but it cannot also guarantee good services or reliability . A good reputation i think matters alot. With a good reputation it shows that a broker is doing well.

stephane

Trader
Jan 29, 2015
A brokers regulation matters but it cannot also guarantee good services or reliability . A good reputation i think matters alot. With a good reputation it shows that a broker is doing well.

I can only agree to that. My broker (Tickmill) is an offshore one, but during the CHF crisis all accounts were protected against negative amount. :D

Many clients of some big regulated brokers thought the same, but there were wrong as they unfortunately discovered. :eek: :mad:

So definitely now reputation is to be taken into account and not only regulation !

ESinvest

Feb 12, 2015
A regulated broker is supposed to have been approved by the corresponding authorities so it can be a good filter in order to choose your broker. However, it is not a 100% guaranty that they are not scam, it is the same as banks and investment funds.

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
A regulated broker is supposed to have been approved by the corresponding authorities so it can be a good filter in order to choose your broker. However, it is not a 100% guaranty that they are not scam, it is the same as banks and investment funds.

Some regulators are really sucks, so I don't trust them much. Try to real on more objective data like broker reviews, etc.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
Regulation is very important when we select brokers, but service and support of brokers should also be checked except for regulation. Such as Hotforex, Xcm etc, they are under regulation and provide high quality support for traders.

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
does regulation decide a broker scam or not scam?

I meant some brokers are unregulated and some are regulated (but stills scam), so how many percent does this factor account to? Is it the most important thing to check a broker?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
does regulation decide a broker scam or not scam?

I meant some brokers are unregulated and some are regulated (but stills scam), so how many percent does this factor account to? Is it the most important thing to check a broker?
What are your examples of regulated scam brokers? I mean of those regulated by the credible institutions like FCA, CFTC, FINRA, etc.

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
Yes Forex broker should be regulated and registered . If you will trade with regulated broker your money will be safe. I trade with Forex Metal broker and it is regulated.

limalima

Banned
Dec 10, 2014
Yes Forex broker should be regulated and registered . If you will trade with regulated broker your money will be safe. I trade with Forex Metal broker and it is regulated.

Though it true that these days, regulation is not a guarantee that a forex broker will not practice shady activities. But it vital at the same time to check whether they are regulated where they are situated, to get some major sense of security.

Fischer

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 9, 2015
You should on a broker to be regulator through as many high regulators as possible and have NBP

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
regulations are an added plus to an extend for it to be a must, we all go for a regulated broker, multi regulations is another plus, for example hotforex regulated by both the FSC and the CySec, and other brokers regulated all through out europe, but having a regulated broker doesnt always mean the broker is good. so exrt always the extra effort to have them checked.

Fischer

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 9, 2015
regulations are an added plus to an extend for it to be a must, we all go for a regulated broker, multi regulations is another plus, for example hotforex regulated by both the FSC and the CySec, and other brokers regulated all through out europe, but having a regulated broker doesnt always mean the broker is good. so exrt always the extra effort to have them checked.

Agreed but at least it has less possibilities for the broker to be a scam one if they are regulated from more than one regulator and also which one !