Expert is to slow

msteroffzuks

Trader
Jun 21, 2022
Hi, im starting my adventure with experts. I chose one, bought vps server from mt5.Now have a problem. Expert is making trades but, Im get comunicate: indicator is too slow, ms. rewrite the indicator, please. Any suggestions? Expert in attachment.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Dark Mimas MT5.ex5
    157.6 KB · Views: 4

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Hi, im starting my adventure with experts. I chose one, bought vps server from mt5.Now have a problem. Expert is making trades but, Im get comunicate: indicator is too slow, ms. rewrite the indicator, please. Any suggestions? Expert in attachment.
//-----

you can't rewrite a ex file unless you know what the code does...... you might try a higher timeframe.....h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
im doing this on 12m
//-----

can you post some charts of the eurusd 60 minute with nothing but the dark oscillator on it.......

also, do you know how to tell the size in kb's of that dark oscillator indicator itself.....

not the expert advisor, it's 158 kb.....

we need to know the indicators size, in kb's, and see some 60 minute charts with only that indicator...... h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
11 kb, I added image at top of screen
//----

that indicator is mladens dt oscillator ...... i recognize his code style...... he is one of the worlds best coders so unlikely it is slowing things down......

the expert you mentioned above running slow requires i believe the dark oscillator..... it's that indicator i need a screen shot of......

if you have any other indicators attached to the chart with the expert advisor, unless they are needed, remove them all...... only have the expert advisor alone.....

see if that solves the error message......h

• ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

msteroffzuks

Trader
Jun 21, 2022
I had this expert on 12 time frame. I changed it on 15 and error disapear, so solved. I had none other indicator in the same time. It was on vps server so it was not on my pc

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I had this expert on 12 time frame. I changed it on 15 and error disapear, so solved. I had none other indicator in the same time. It was on vps server so it was not on my pc
//-----

glad to hear....... the instructions for that ea suggest the 5, 15 and maybe some other such timeframe...... so the 12 minute period might be something the coder has not counted on.....

perhaps your version of the ea does not require the dark oscillator indicator...... if it does and by chance you are able to upload a screen shot of that indicator on a 60 minute chart we would appreciate it.....

.....h

Kazam Raza

Active Trader
May 24, 2018

It is a very difficult journey. My advice is to test Expert Advisor on demo account at least for 6 months then go to real account. Always use stop loss to protect your equity. God bless you.