Does trading require experience?

Jessica Brown

Trader
May 27, 2016
Hello everyone! I believe, that trading requires some experience for sure...But when you are training with demo acc - the emotions are not real... =)

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Right Jessica, But i think Trading requires experience and knowledge only. If one has nothing idea about trading and jump to live account then he is surely gonna have loss and blow his account. So it is better one start learning first and then get experience on Demo account.

• 👍
Reactions: Jessica Brown

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone! I believe, that trading requires some experience for sure...But when you are training with demo acc - the emotions are not real... =)

As with everything in life, we ALL begin somewhere, as trainee's, and develop our skills over time. In my opinion a demo account serves the purpose of getting familiar with the trading platform, order types and placement, market dynamics, and testing what we learn. It can help with our emotions to some extent in terms of knowing the likely outcome of the strategy we have chosen to trade, and this goes a long way towards limiting trade entry fears when we begin live trading. If our strategy has produced a 75% win rate to date, then it is likely to produce a 75% win rate into the future, so we expect some losses along the way but overall we can expect to profit. But of course, we just don't know how we are going to react until there is real money on the line, and we are facing a real loss. Will we be tempted to move our stop-loss? Will we be tempted to close out early? Practice first, then learn to trade!

• 👍
Reactions: Jessica Brown

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Trading is all about money management. Even if u get one pip a week u should make wealth. You need a system that wins most of the time and stick with it.

kora_trader

Trader
May 11, 2016
well. it doesnt require experience, it's only about placing buy and sell orders
but as you want not to lose money at first and then to earn profit and keep your profit stay safe.
practice make you gain experience as time passing.

f4forex

Active Trader
Oct 8, 2015
Forex trading is a very professional market where we cannot simply place sell or buy order without knowing the market, it better to learn the trading tactics before jumping into it otherwise those who will simply start placing buy or sell will find out that they will be among the 90% who usually make losses in forex trading.

Ally

Sep 13, 2016
Trading does require a lot of learning, practice and hard work. You would need to have complete knowledge about the markets because you cannot make good amount of profits without it. Yes! Luck might work a few times for you but it will only make it worse because in beginning, you will think that it’s quite easy and you would take loans/limits to trade on.
It’s just like you have no clue how to drive and you want to drive the world’s best car. So, take time and start building your skill with baby steps. Constant efforts and time can make you a successful trader!

f4forex

Active Trader
Oct 8, 2015
Luck may count a bit but the most of traders success depends on his experience, calculations and analysis. I believe that these are the necessary to learn if anyone wishes to take success in future.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
well. it doesnt require experience, it's only about placing buy and sell orders
but as you want not to lose money at first and then to earn profit and keep your profit stay safe.
practice make you gain experience as time passing.

I don't agree that it's just buying and selling with no strategy. If everyone on Forex traded with no system, it would become a total chaos.
Like any other system Forex has it's laws and rules. Yes, the price can act irrationaly sometimes. Nevertheless, you can make forecasts, you can notice a trend, but it will be possible only with understanding of Forex basics. It's like playing a piano. First you learn notes, then you play music of different authors, then you are able to make your own beautiful music.

• 👍
Reactions: Hafizmd

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Everyone needs experience.
I advise you to find a mentor, cause it's always easier to make your way with the help of an experienced teacher, than to do everything by yourself. In this case your experience will be true to life and you will become a professional trader earlier.

Robian

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
Everyone needs experience.
I advise you to find a mentor, cause it's always easier to make your way with the help of an experienced teacher, than to do everything by yourself.
That's why I ask questions here. :) I think that experience can come only when you analyze the info by yourself and combine it with tips that professionals give you. After I have enough info, I can implement knowledge into practice.

lenon

Banned
Sep 8, 2015
Ofcourse for quality trading on forex you need experience, and you can get it in various ways, go through training, read all kinds of literature and things like that, but the optimal choice in my opinion is when you combine trading (best if it's not on a demo, but atleast on a cent account, to minimise possible expenses), and at the same time attend webinars and secure your theoretical side of your skills.

Gerrard Hank

Trader
Nov 3, 2016
You cannot trade Forex successfully without having the required experience. The only true source of Forex knowledge will come from experience. That is why it is advised to start a trade using a Practice or a Demo account.

Attachments

• experie.jpg
    experie.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5

Ally

Sep 13, 2016
Well, to become professional in trading, you would definitely require experience. This experience can be on Live or on Demo Account. The experience means practicing the trades in different market conditions which impacts the net profit & loss of your trading.

Lukas Schmidt

Trader
Jun 27, 2016
Trading itself doesn't require experience, profitable trading however does. Make sure to as everyone has said practice on demo first.

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Trading forex only requires experience if you wish to make money at it, otherwise no experience is required.

artfor

Trader
Dec 8, 2016
www.mydigitrade.com
Everyone know that if anyone don't get proper learn about Forex then he/she can not get success in Forex. Knowledge is the key of success. If we learn forex we can earn a lot of money from this market. So we need to work very hard for this business.

Andrew101

Active Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Manchester
Experience is definetely needed to trade forex. First of all, it's important that you understand that trading the Foreign Exchange market involves a high degree of risk, including the risk of losing money. Any investment in foreign exchange should involve only risk capital and you should never trade with money that you cannot afford to lose.

archie

Jan 30, 2017
Yes, trading do requires experience and to gain experience you need to trade only. So, there is no other way out of trading to gain experience in trading. You can start by learning forex, understanding basics about trading and getting familiar with the forex terminology. After that you can go for demo trading, see how economic forces moves the actual market but make sure you learn from the losses in practice account. Even if in real account you suffer losses, don’t get disheartened do the analysis and learn from your mistakes. More and more trading can help you become an experienced trader.