Chart Pattern Helper

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
ive had a look at the code and it says. if price is above the entry it will produce a buy limit not a stop. i cannot get any limit order no matter what i do. there all stop orders
It will place the limit orders if the price is already well outside the entry boundaries of the channel when the CPH is attached. It would still be trading a breakout from the channel/pattern.

linux_usr

Oct 20, 2023
ive had a look at the code and it says. if price is above the entry it will produce a buy limit not a stop. i cannot get any limit order no matter what i do. there all stop orders
Post automatically merged:

It will place the limit orders if the price is already well outside the entry boundaries of the channel when the CPH is attached. It would still be trading a breakout from the channel/pattern.
thanx i managed to get a limit order. problem now is i would like to pull it down to the lower entry but stop loss and tp is fixed. i cant change the values it just goes back to where it was and therefore if i drag the buy limit down more it closes the order cos it overlaps the SL and does not reopen. im on the M1

thanx i managed to get a limit order. problem now is i would like to pull it down to the lower entry but stop loss and tp is fixed. i cant change the values it just goes back to where it was and therefore if i drag the buy limit down more it closes the order cos it overlaps the SL and does not reopen. im on the M1
the entry line for upper entry is below price and yes it produces a buy limit but SL is very close and the value is locked and i cant drag down to lower entry without the pending order closing, i would like the buy limit on lower entry. without to much messing around.

the entry line for upper entry is below price and yes it produces a buy limit but SL is very close and the value is locked and i cant drag down to lower entry without the pending order closing, i would like the buy limit on lower entry. without to much messing around.
i would rather bounce off the channel dowwn rather than breakout

INVALID STOP ERROR but i cant chnged the SL loss value and its so tight i cant drag the limit order down without it overlapping and it will not let me change SL value

INVALID STOP ERROR but i cant chnged the SL loss value and its so tight i cant drag the limit order down without it overlapping and it will not let me change SL value
can you just answer . how to place a buy limit on lower entry and sell limit on higher entry. is this possible?

can you just answer . how to place a buy limit on lower entry and sell limit on higher entry. is this possible?
its only allowing a buy stop on higher entry and sell stop on lower

yeah its a total mess. an EA as powerful is this. why would you limit it to breakouts only? it certainly hasn't been coded with limit orders in mind. hey can i have the private version please. bouncing off the channel walls is far more lucrative than breakouts. especially on M1. there's far more action in that than breakouts for it to not be included unless on purpose . i could wait til price moves to the lower level then push the buy stop down but why make it do that when it could just be dragged down to lower or open limit order on lower entry

has this feature been taken out on purpose? cos its far to powerful to not be included in this amazing EA

i can get a limit order if its not to far from price but cant get one if i pull it further back or to the lower level for example and the one close to price has tight stop and this can not be changed until it executes and i cant drag it down with out it over lapping the SL. HElP this features is just to cool to ignore and the position sizer it has is soooo amazing too

i would say this tool is used by pro scalpers all day long

bro with all due respect. Im saying this feature has purposely been taken out. have you got no answer to this

The only way round this far as i can tell. Is too wait for price to get close to lower entry then add the buy stop because then SL is under price and you can there fore push the order all the way down to lower entry . which is sitting at higher entry

this means i now will have to set an alert for when prices nears lower entry. Then execute the script / EA. its a lot of messing about when an EA this powerful lacks this basic feature. very strange.

thank you though for the EA. in my opinion probaly one of the most powerfull EA commercial or free in exsistance. i know this much it would take one hell of a coder to of written this EA . simple the best. whoever did code it. you are on top of your game. well done

this means i now will have to set an alert for when prices nears lower entry. Then execute the script / EA. its a lot of messing about when an EA this powerful lacks this basic feature. very strange.

thank you though for the EA. in my opinion probaly one of the most powerfull EA commercial or free in exsistance. i know this much it would take one hell of a coder to of written this EA . simply the best. whoever did code it. you are on top of your game. well done

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
As I've said, Chart Pattern Helper only works with breakout strategies. If you want to be able to trade with limit orders on pullbacks inside chart patterns, you'd need to hire some coder to create such an EA for you.

linux_usr

Oct 20, 2023
Thank you for replying. There is a way of doing it without rewriting Chart Pattern Helper. If anyone else would like to use chart pattern for pullbacks. This is how you would do it --> Use a local trade copier. I like to use Fxblue. It is as impressive as much as chart pattern helper is. Run Chart Patern on a separate mt5. Set it up as you would for break out (both). Add fxblue sender on another chart and send it to the receiver. Receiver end just switch on invert ;). works perfect. you need to do some slight tweaking on the helper EA .set. You now have buy and sell limits on the lower and higher entry prices. Hope this helps others out. while im here. account protector and the schedule EA top quality. infact there is some really nice stuff here. so thanx for everything and for exsisting

Credit where credit is due. I almost forgot to say. The other day i said to myself, I wish the deviation channel tool that ships with mt4/5 would self update. Follow price about without me having to keep moving it. Only just now i find you have one. hahaha well cool thanx

Hey Admin. would you know of some coder that could add the limit feature too chart pattern and would you have any idea how much this would cost. i would be very interested in your reply

Last edited: