Careers after MQL4

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
As the title intimates…

I have picked up quite a bit of MQL4 in the past few months. Includes, functions, documentation, manipulating arrays… etc.

I am curious what the next step would be for someone with no computer science or software engineering experience if I wanted to continue to immerse myself in coding.

Just curious if there is a natural progression in coding education from MQL4 that will apply to more than just Forex.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

• 👍
Reactions: Fried_Rice

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, Stein - for general education in programming.
Specific books on specific languages, depending on what you would want to learn - e.g., Python Crash Course by Eric Matthes if you want to learn python.
Also, CodeAcademy for interactive practical learning.

Fried_Rice

Active Trader
Aug 30, 2021
As the title intimates…

I have picked up quite a bit of MQL4 in the past few months. Includes, functions, documentation, manipulating arrays… etc.

I am curious what the next step would be for someone with no computer science or software engineering experience if I wanted to continue to immerse myself in coding.

Just curious if there is a natural progression in coding education from MQL4 that will apply to more than just Forex.

Thanks in advance for any insights!
I would be interested to hear how you get on. I have considered getting into coding a few times, but have always been put off my my lack of experience in the field.