Can one earn a living from Forex?

AKFX

Trader
Mar 5, 2019
Yes it is possible, but you would need to have a built up a healthy sized trading account to cope with any downswings.

Going to full time trader is a personal thing, some may just want to jump in with two feet, or like me make the transition more carefully and phase out the secure employment.

Grace wilson

Trader
Feb 28, 2019
Right now I am earning a pretty buck by running my network and also working for various web design clients. Still, I would like to 'broaden' my horizons a little too. Do you think it's possible for me to earn a living from this too? Should I stick to what I already do?
Yes you can make a living trading the Forex market but you have to consistently do a lot of things right. Most traders simply do not yet possess the necessary trading skill, discipline, patience, or realistic attitude to succeed long-term in the markets.
However, this does not mean that it is impossible. You simply have to learn
what you need to do to become a consistently profitable trader, and then do it.
Brush up your skills with a demo account for atleast 6 months.

Qsigma

Trader
May 10, 2020
Singapore
For your question answer is yes.

Trading is so relative. Trading can be a survival plan for someone while it can be a investor plan for another one. Let me explain. Financial Market trading is one of best way to multiply money. This is the most essential step of being wealthy. Because the money that earn should multiply.For some one this Financial market can be a survival plan. Means he/she will not multiply but gain what he wants every month. Usually i do this both. I have a survival account that support my living. i just try to reach consist with some percentage every month and i withdraw 75% - 80% from it. And also there is another account that i never withdraw. i am compounding it for years but slowly. that is my investor plan. It is practically easy to multiply several times ( practically capable of multiplying 6 times of your capital : depend on many variables) of your capital within 5 years. It is a good investor goal. Most investors try to reach.So this is how i trade full time. I believe if you are willing or if you are a full time trader you need short term goals as well as long term goals. In this all games it is better to have a good amount of money and it is better if you can create some other income sources too.

Extra Notes -------

Survival Plan:-

Assume that your monthly living cost you around 1000 usd. If you have a 1000 usd capital it is about 100% each month to make. It is so unrealistic. If you have a 5000 usd account it is about 20% each month. To do every moth it is hard. If your capital is 10000 usd it is about 10%/ If capital is 20000 usd it is about 5%. You can see when capital increases it getting easier to gain it. so never ever try to make 100% try to make 5% but with consist. Consist is the most important. So try not increase percentage but try to increase capital and lower the percentage. It will make you easier to become a full time trader with less stress.

Investor Plan :-

Try to reach rewards with lowest risks. that is most important when you compounding, the low risk. Then you can safe your capital. With time it will multiply.again try to make with lowest risks. it will let you to play long term. For investor plan.

Daath

Trader
Apr 5, 2020
If you think that as soon as you come to the forex market, you can immediately make good money, then this will not happen.

whichbroker

Trader
May 19, 2020
I wouldn't look to have Forex day trading as your one source of income. Many successful day traders, as many have already said, are starting with a large capital and have enough money to make mistakes early on. Start slow, build your knowledge and expertise and apply it to paper trades before going into real money trading.

Brayden

May 15, 2020
Well I know many who are making their living through forex. So yes, it is definitely possible, but only with sheer practice and hard work

Uaredaty

Active Trader
Jan 19, 2019
Good point made by Daath. Newbies are usually asking this question in order to solve their basic need either for independency or finding a new job. It should be clear that in order to live from forex you will need at least several years of continuous experience on this market

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I agree with those who say yes, you can earn a living - but it takes a lot of time and effort to get there. Until then, I would stick to working as before, and treating forex as a side hustle until you gain some experience.

Finarm

Trader
Sep 3, 2020
finarm.com
Like in any other industry, if you are a professional you definitely can, but that requires time. So be prepared to put a lot of effort into it!

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
Yes you can make a living trading the Forex market but you have to possess the necessary trading skill, discipline, patience, and attitude to succeed long-term in the markets.
Brush up your skills with a demo account for at least 3 months.

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
If you have the required knowledge, skills and expertise required to get a stable income from forex, then it might be possible. Otherwise, depending solely on forex for your earnings can be a dangerous thing.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
Yes! But you can’t make a living off a small amount. Somebody did a study - I don’t remember the exact details but the results found that you could make around 2k -3k per month off a $30k deposit. Of course, different factors could affect that, it’s really just a sort of realistic idea.

yeneffer

Banned
Mar 30, 2020
With a small capital, that is quite difficult to do so. But when you are able to make a consistency profit, then there is a chance to make it happen with earning.

Oct 22, 2021
UK,London
I think yes, but you should understand that the result wont come in a short time. And you also have to dedicate almost all your 16 hours/day for trading if you think about LIVING for that.