Can I Earn With Demo Account?

danbill

Nov 2, 2015
You can also join some demo contest to get real prizes of some brokers. But it's not easy to acquire the prizes.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Demo trading contest is a great way to make sure that we are learning about trading and we can watch traders from around the world to see what is their performance and how they are doing their trades.

ApipFx

Trader
Oct 14, 2015
Sure thing you can get something from demo account. You can get a trading system that suits to you (by trial and error trying every trading system), get yourself familiar with the platform and any kind of indicators (tools for your technical analysis).

But if you really asking about earning something in demo account (in this case means earning money), no, you can't. You may gain some profits in your demo account but it's not withdraw-able... :)

eacoder

Trader
May 18, 2013
www.ea-coder.com
I see it's quite old discussion, but I discovered it just now. May I add my answer to your question?

YES, you can make money with just demo account in Forex. I've personally done that few years ago until I earned money for my live real money trading account. Then I switch trading my real money account.

The story began when I've created a profitable algorithmic and completely automated trading strategy. I call it Daily-F. I was very happy with it, but I had a problem that I did not had any money to fund my account with and use my strategy.

So I was using it on my demo account and started my own trading signals business.

I do not want to include any links to my websites as I do not want to be blocked for spam, but you can google to find my book on Amazon called "How to Start Your Own Forex Signal Service". I tell my story in my book and also explain everything you need to know to start your own INDEPENDENT trading signal service with just your DEMO account.

Long story short, I've been trading my DEMO account where I've made virtual money, but at the same time I've been copying trades to accounts of my clients and in exchange they paid me monthly subscription fee. Basically when my demo account gained profit my clients actually earned real money in their accounts.

I've doubled my demo account in 12 months and by that time already made enough money for my real trading account. Then I've invested my money into trading, applied my trading strategy in my own account and doubled account again in the next 12 months, but this time it was my real money account.

I use Signal Magician software to run such business and constantly create new automated trading strategy using the Trading Strategy Launch Framework that me and my partner created this year.

Hope this helps.

jerry

Jul 19, 2015
Yes, with an outstanding trading performance (demo is acceptable but real could be great), then you can provide signal to all trader attracted. Some Signal Provider could help you advertise your trading talent and earn money through it. MQL 5 is an instance.

eacoder

Trader
May 18, 2013
www.ea-coder.com
Yes, with an outstanding trading performance (demo is acceptable but real could be great), then you can provide signal to all trader attracted. Some Signal Provider could help you advertise your trading talent and earn money through it. MQL 5 is an instance.

I would add to your answer, that people should not expect much from MQL5.
If you post your signals on their platform don't expect thousands of followers. It does not happen that easy.
I've done research and it turned out that most signal providers don't get followers or they just get few (less than 20) even if their strategy is working great.

I've explained my research results in detail in this free video you get watch at [URL deleted]

Basically, the "secret" is to become an INDEPENDENT signal provider and promote your website/service yourself. This way you have much bigger chance to get noticed and make a decent income.

Last edited by a moderator:

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Take part in demo contest, if you can become one winner, hence posible get prize then making real money, but if only trade on demo as usual, I think we will never make money, except you are expert and have many folower as signal provider, but maybe this is also not easy task getting many follower.

RaviSarao

Trader
Dec 22, 2015
Kenya
Demo accounts are operated by virtual money and therefore you only learn to use the software because the trades don't actually goes to the liquidity provider..
So if you are thinking to earn from demo you are wrong! you only learn the software!!

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Demo account only use virtual money, so if any trader trading in demo they will never can't withdraw profit in demo account, but start with demo also possible making real money if you take part in demo contest, if you get victory and as one winner hence will getting prize

kielly

Trader
Jan 16, 2013
Well I think there is no way of earning through demo account. Yes absolutely you can take part on contest and maybe win some prize but probability of winning is not enough so, instead of earning through demo account I suggest you to start with low amount which will be good start for you. Good Luck!

MarkTrader

Trader
Mar 15, 2016
The only thing you will gain from a demo account are experience and confidence.Without demo account traders can not gather knowledge of real market trading. Of course you can take part in forex contest and competitions (with demo account) and get real money prizes and bonuses for live trading.

somenews

Trader
Apr 6, 2016
The only thing you will gain from a demo account are experience and confidence.Without demo account traders can not gather knowledge of real market trading. Of course you can take part in forex contest and competitions (with demo account) and get real money prizes and bonuses for live trading.
it's true, but when trade live, you still be nervous and not believe in youself :))
but live trading is the best way to get in with the trading environment

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
No, Demo money is not real. It is just given for learning purpose. If you want to earn money, you need to start live account with forex trading.

somenews

Trader
Apr 6, 2016
No, Demo money is not real. It is just given for learning purpose. If you want to earn money, you need to start live account with forex trading.
or there's another way for u to choose. Some brokers provide demo contest for traders. As I know, Tickmill has such campaign which is hold every week. the prices are given for the top 20 best traders. But I have to tell you, it's not easy to win, many professionals join in the contest. But maybe the real money might motivate you to tryharder.