BETTER VOLUME

Ratbag

Trader
Mar 8, 2013
Dear mjackson, thank you kindly for sharing the bettervolume indicators, I have been looking for these for a while. Much appreciated! Good trades

Ratbag

Trader
Mar 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us the better volume indicator, please can I ask you a question.

I see that there are Climax High, Climax Low, High Vol churn and Low vol bars indications, but is there a bar that shows the Low Volume Churn? A low volume high range bar in white?

I cannot see this bar anywhere, I think it doesnt exist right? Also it is not mentioned in the better volume pdf.

Ratbag

Trader
Mar 8, 2013
i had a version of this indicator, nut not version 1.4, i found the colors where all messed up in regards to how they are suppose to print, your version seems to look allot better.
are these what the colors mean on yours, or are my settings messed up? also did u ever get a mt5 version?

Red bar - wide range, high volume (climax bar). Can be seen at beginning of uptrend, end of uptrend., and in continuation of downtrends.

Green bar - low range, high volume (high churn bar). Can be seen at beginning of uptrend, end of uptrend, and continuation of downtrend.

White bar - low volume, high range (low churn bar). Can be seen at bottoms, tops, and continuation of uptrend.

Yellow bar - low volume, low range. Seen at similar places to the low churn bar(white bars).

Magenta bar - Climax volume plus High volume churn - both the conditions are rare

Yeah I see this information too, and I think it is wrong, because if you notice, there is no mention of the White Climax Low Bar - I think someone confused the White Bar as being a Low Volume Churn. When it is really a wide range high volume white downbar/climax low.

Ratbag

Trader
Mar 8, 2013
'White bar - low volume, high range (low churn bar). Can be seen at bottoms, tops, and continuation of uptrend.'

With the internet and sharing of information we must be diligent as to how we use our information, as put simply, sometimes the wrong info is distributed. According to my findings there is no 'low churn bar' in Better Volume, there is however a green high churn bar. The white bar is not a low churn bar, it is a 'white climax low downbar'. If you look in the Better Volume pdf from Mr Barry Taylors Emini website, there is no mention of any low churn bars in the site and documentation that I could find.

M

mjackson

'White bar - low volume, high range (low churn bar). Can be seen at bottoms, tops, and continuation of uptrend.'

No, new version of BetterVolume has no low churn...It was in very first version but Barry removed it ...There is latest version of bettervolume but only for tradestation and ninja...no-one yet converted it to mt4...

Version for MT5, in this thread, is based on BetterVolume1.4 for MT4

Ratbag

Trader
Mar 8, 2013
No, new version of BetterVolume has no low churn...It was in very first version but Barry removed it ...There is latest version of bettervolume but only for tradestation and ninja...no-one yet converted it to mt4...

Version for MT5, in this thread, is based on BetterVolume1.4 for MT4

Thank you kindly for your reply mjackson, that is nice to know that he removed it! thanks for the info! I am currently using the version on this website that you posted for MT4, it is a very good tool! I am a beginner in VSA style of trading and wonder please, may I ask you if there are other good indicators that you use in Volume trading? thank you very much :)

M

mjackson

Dear mjackson, thank you kindly for sharing the bettervolume indicators, I have been looking for these for a while. Much appreciated! Good trades

All credits go to Enivid for converting MT4 version to MT5...

niceday22

Trader
Jun 27, 2017
i love better volume indicator, work well with MT4 but hopefully someone make it work with MT5...
i tried converted into mq5 but cannot be compiled

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@ruma29, Feel free to check the attached modified BetterVolumeChartBars_Alerts.mq5. It should implement the alerts you asked for in this post - Supply and Demand on white and red bars.

Attachments

• BetterVolumeChartBars_Alerts.mq5
    12.6 KB · Views: 175

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
Good evening!

I hope everyone had a great trading week. I have a request for the better volume chart bar indicators. I searched this forum
and many others but I could not find what I was looking for. Finally worked up some courage to ask seeing as how everyone
here is so friendly. The request I have is purely aesthetic. The attached indicators paint the bars on the chart in MT4 according to bettervolume. The way they are currently coded has them painting only a line that extends from the top wick of the candle down
through the body to the bottom of the wick. I would like it if someone here could code it so that the full bar is painted,
body and wick. I tried to look at the code with my limited knowledge and messed with DRAW_HISTOGRAM and several other
options but I got the feeling that I was gonna need some help. Any knowledge or guidance is deeply is appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• bettervolume_chartbars_part2_1.4.mq4
    4.5 KB · Views: 40
  • bettervolume_chartbars_part1_1.4.mq4
    5.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 4.52.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 4.52.37 PM.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 104

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
Hi, after some research I found that BV 1.4 had a start loop in the code which apparently leads to resource hogging. This made
sense to me as I realized that my MT4 and computer noticeably slow down when running charts with BV 1.4 on them. So then
BV 1.5 was made to fix this. I checked to make sure the formulas to generate the volume bars were the same and they were so
my modified request is that paint chart bars be added to the attached to BV 1.5 indicator as I have specified in the post right
above this one. I changed the code a bit to match the original 1.4 color scheme as someone had changed that as well. I noticed
there was a BV 1.5 post besides this one but I felt it was better to keep these two posts together so you don't have to switch back
and forth between threads. Again thank you so much for your help and let me know if I did a good job explaining this and
whether or not you would like me to specify further.

Attachments

• bettervolume_1.5.mq4
    5.7 KB · Views: 67

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am sort of missing the point of your request. How (and why) would you want to implement the candles display in bettervolume 1.5 if it has a histogram display in a separate chart window?

If you want to try to change some indicator's display to candles, you can use DRAW_COLORCANDLE plot type for that. Unfortunately, there is no help file for that draw type in MT4, so you would need to read the help file on DRAW_COLOR_CANDLES in MT5 MetaEditor instead.

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
Ah I see. Not a problem.

And I would want to implement the candles display because I'm a little bit OCD and that presentation is easier for me to read.

No worries though, tick volume is trash in MT4 anyways.

Thanks!