BETTER VOLUME

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
I would imagine the same way 1.4 does it haha. But don't worry coding color candles for 1.4 anymore. 1.4 slows down my computer cause it is a resource hog. Multiply that across 5 charts and RIP reaction time.

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
You know I was thinking about it, could you find and fix the start loop in 1.4? Then I'd be more than happy to have the candle colors on the main chart with 1.4 as I originally asked. Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You know I was thinking about it, could you find and fix the start loop in 1.4? Then I'd be more than happy to have the candle colors on the main chart with 1.4 as I originally asked. Thanks!
Try changing line 91 in bettervolume_chartbars_part1_1.4.mq4 from:
MQL4:
   limit=NumberOfBars; //Bars-counted_bars;
to:
MQL4:
   limit = NumberOfBars - counted_bars;

Does that help? Don't forget to recompile the inidactor, of course.

• 👍
Reactions: kalinych

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
Awesome! That seems to have worked! CPU usage from MT4 was in the 60-70 sometimes 80 percent range and now it's around 20-30.
I APPLAUD YOU ENIVID. What did that code change do though? It looks the same lol.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It reduces the number of bars the indicator recalculates each tick. limit is the variable that holds the number of bars (starting from the most recent) that need to be calculated during this tick. Before the change, it has always equaled NumberOfBars - an input parameter that had default value of 500. This means that the indicator always recalculated at least 500 bars each tick. Even if it has already calculated some of these bars before. counted_bars is the variable that holds the number of bars calculated during the previous run (minus one bar). By subtracting counted_bars from NumberOfBars, you reduce the number of bars that get calculated following the very first tick.

• 👍
Reactions: kalinych

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
That makes sense haha. A lot of unnecessary calculations being run with the old code. Cool!

So does this mean that you'll help me with the paint chart bars part? :)

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Good evening!

I hope everyone had a great trading week. I have a request for the better volume chart bar indicators. I searched this forum
and many others but I could not find what I was looking for. Finally worked up some courage to ask seeing as how everyone
here is so friendly. The request I have is purely aesthetic. The attached indicators paint the bars on the chart in MT4 according to bettervolume. The way they are currently coded has them painting only a line that extends from the top wick of the candle down
through the body to the bottom of the wick. I would like it if someone here could code it so that the full bar is painted,
body and wick. I tried to look at the code with my limited knowledge and messed with DRAW_HISTOGRAM and several other
options but I got the feeling that I was gonna need some help. Any knowledge or guidance is deeply is appreciated.

Thank you
just suggestion : if you want to try to use price bars instead candles you might get that visual effect that you are looking for...you would see just one line fully colored...I use bars for years...inventor of bettervolume use price bars on TradeStation so he created it for his liking and then shared with public.

Last edited:

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
i love better volume indicator, work well with MT4 but hopefully someone make it work with MT5...
i tried converted into mq5 but cannot be compiled

There is betervolume for MT5, in earnforex.com.Enevid created it years ago.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@trade3925, actually, after trying to implement real candlesticks for other MT4 indicators, I have found out that MT4 does not support the colored candlestick display for indicators. Unfortunately, my claims that it can be done using DRAW_COLORCANDLE plot are not true.

• 👍
Reactions: Soydan Akdeniz and kalinych

Duncan

Trader
Jun 19, 2018
KENYA
Hi Salim, No trade secret but it makes trading much much easier if you understand what the different colored Bars with their respective colored Volume really mean. This is on top of the pdf attached with regards to BetterVolume.

Hello,
Why do you use this indicator for? nobody is telling that. Is that a trade secret?
Thanks

Duncan

Trader
Jun 19, 2018
KENYA
Salim,

Hope you see the DAX long for today morning, if not please do some serious reading on VSA ... Cheers and good luck

Attachments

• dd-m15-amp-global-clearing-2.png
    dd-m15-amp-global-clearing-2.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 51

trab

Oct 1, 2018
Yes, big secret behind it. I use it and I get huge profit. Thanks for the creator of this volume indicator.

This is the second time you have said as such with no assistance to the thousands of members on how or where to learn the “big secret”. Not much value for all here to simply come in and gloat, then leave.

Appreciate some contribution to learning here.

Kind regards,

Trab.

Duncan

Trader
Jun 19, 2018
KENYA
Hi Trab,

Just some assistance, search for a soft copy of Master The Markets By Tom Williams. Very good book of VSA, once you read and re-read and re-read the book and understand its contents then BetterVolume will make sense. Just my humble opinion. I trade mainly using VSA, Daily & 12-hr TF S/R and Market Profile Point of Control ... but still reading on VSA as it has alot of concepts and signals. Good Luck

This is the second time you have said as such with no assistance to the thousands of members on how or where to learn the “big secret”. Not much value for all here to simply come in and gloat, then leave.

Appreciate some contribution to learning here.

Kind regards,

Trab.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid