Are You Disappointed in Trading?

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
"Investing in Stocks Is Just Like Gambling." Do you believe that, this one sentence is true? I dont think so. It depends on trader to trader that how we take trading as work or gamble?
I think also depending each trader persepective, might some people out there they considered trading stock or spot market is gambling, but as trader this is one business and must treat with proper way

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
That is what i mentioned, it depends on trader to trader. Not each trader can assume trading as gambling, if so then no one is going to win in market and earn profit.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Okay, i was just wondering if any one is here playing gambling in Stocks. I have never heard that stocks are also consider as gamble, i know about Forex but never seen any post having this sentence.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Okay, i was just wondering if any one is here playing gambling in Stocks. I have never heard that stocks are also consider as gamble, i know about Forex but never seen any post having this sentence.
//-----

hey twin butterfly.... many biotechs and penny stocks are often considered gambling.....

i've made and lost a lot of money trading them.... the penny stocks that are under 10 cents a share come the closest to gambling as you can..... most of my losses were there....

the smallest of biotechs, those less than 50 cents a share with daily volume of only a few thousand and that trade in small hundreds of shares are fairly easy to make money with.... most of the money i made was there.... still gambling....

i would always bid 10 , 15 , or more cents below the market price for several thousand shares.... it might take a few days before your order was filled... once it was filled, i'd put in a sell order for about 20 cents higher..... it might take a few days before it sold....

if you watched the level 2 quotes you could see the depth of the market..... if there were a lot of standing bids above my price , i'd just move to another stock.... over a few years we developed a list of those that were tradable.....

i have never and will never gamble in a place like vegas, wouldn't begin to know what to do...... but trading stocks, forex, options and such for some reason appeals to me.... in my mind it's all gambling.... and i am ok with that.....h

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
In my view forex is speculative investment and not considered as gambling, which before trading as trader still analyze the trend based on understanding, many trade learn technical analysis to treat forex not like as gambling, but in speculative investment here many trader fail also

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
//-----

hey twin butterfly.... many biotechs and penny stocks are often considered gambling.....

i've made and lost a lot of money trading them.... the penny stocks that are under 10 cents a share come the closest to gambling as you can..... most of my losses were there....

the smallest of biotechs, those less than 50 cents a share with daily volume of only a few thousand and that trade in small hundreds of shares are fairly easy to make money with.... most of the money i made was there.... still gambling....

i would always bid 10 , 15 , or more cents below the market price for several thousand shares.... it might take a few days before your order was filled... once it was filled, i'd put in a sell order for about 20 cents higher..... it might take a few days before it sold....

if you watched the level 2 quotes you could see the depth of the market..... if there were a lot of standing bids above my price , i'd just move to another stock.... over a few years we developed a list of those that were tradable.....

i have never and will never gamble in a place like vegas, wouldn't begin to know what to do...... but trading stocks, forex, options and such for some reason appeals to me.... in my mind it's all gambling.... and i am ok with that.....h
Hey, thanks for the big reply i ever get in this forum. I know that people are gambling in forex market but never met one which has done the same with stocks so thanks for replying me as you are one.

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
Yeah...! Many traders see Forex Trading as a Gamble and they just trade blindly, and thus they keep losing money. I never see it as a Gamble.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yeah...! Many traders see Forex Trading as a Gamble and they just trade blindly, and thus they keep losing money. I never see it as a Gamble.
I think if any trader treat forex like as gambling hence will can't long run survive in forex business, trade blindly and recklessly often causing fail and often leading them being emotion, forex trading need good learning to success

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
I think if any trader treat forex like as gambling hence will can't long run survive in forex business, trade blindly and recklessly often causing fail and often leading them being emotion, forex trading need good learning to success

Yeah, Traders who are considering the Forex as a Gamble, don't survive in long run. You need lots of practice and experience of you really wanna become successful.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Success in forex is not easy path for any trader. We have to follow the rules of good trading, i think mature person can do this business with mind and discipline.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes indeed making profit in trading is not easy, many trader get fail also in trading, which also we ever hear if many trader fail in trading less than six month, and also survive in forex also need high dedication

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Surviving in forex is the most difficult part of trading because most of the traders get fails at the starting only, if they keep survive and work hard for their work then they will surly going to earn after after all failure.

FxTimothy

Active Trader
Sep 21, 2016
Any one can earn Consist money in Forex if one is able to abide by one Simple rule i.e never risk your capital more then %2 on each trades and not more then 1 Trades you are supposed to execute.

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
No, I am a successful trader as I implement all the necessary technical indicators and strategies before reaching a final decision. So far, I am doing well in trading and hope will never be disappointed in future.
Nice to hear that Neha, it is good to see a trader like you else mostly I found the traders, who are only considering the Forex Trading as a Gamble and trading blindly.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Nice to hear that Neha, it is good to see a trader like you else mostly I found the traders, who are only considering the Forex Trading as a Gamble and trading blindly.
I think not good idea if treat forex like as gambling, we need strategy and system trading here if want survive with keep discipline use risk management in every plan trading, some expert suggested don't take risk more than 2% and learn to saving than boosting

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
every trade i make is a gamble..... for me, that undeniable fact must be excepted upfront.... otherwise i run the risk of misleading or deluding myself into believing a stoploss was unimportant.....

thousands of trades a month..... every single one a gamble..... there is no sure thing known to me.....

it was a foolish pastime for me once to see just how many winning trades in a row i could string..... no one would believe results.... in one forex factory live public explorer my max was 1105 winning trades in a row..... and that was a standard account..... in mini accounts i've more than doubled number that several times..... some accounts might go an entire year with no losing trades..... that's common in trend trading....

but every single trade is and was a gamble, at least in my mind..... as there is no sure thing known to me......

if someone is disappointed in trading, odds are they are trading against the trend..... inefficient lot size and leverage can also hurt....

before giving up completely on trading, at least try trading with the trend and with the smallest lot size available... focus on making just 2$ per trade at first.... 1 trade 2$..... do that 50 times and then move up to 3$.... do that 100 times and then move up to 4$....

no one needs to be a millionaire next week......h

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
In my view forex is not gambling but this is speculative investment, which in speculative as speculator will trying to learn from the trend market and look the trend, indeed against the trend will making disappointed in addition with greedy take high risk in single plan without money management plan

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
At first I was a bit dissapointed in Forex. I met losses, I tried to earn, but something went wrong and I got zero profit or even lost everything. I'm very glad that I met good advice in the internet and didn't quit. It was all about the practice. Some time ago I even didn't know about how indicators of technical analysis work. But now I can read them just like music.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
In begin of Forex trading, everyone got disappoint because they think market is easy and they will have money in short time but when they face real market, all the dreams are gone. So be prepare for every change in this business, then only you can work here.

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
In begin of Forex trading, everyone got disappoint because they think market is easy and they will have money in short time but when they face real market, all the dreams are gone. So be prepare for every change in this business, then only you can work here.

Yeah...! At first I also use to lose a lot, but I have never been disappointed of it, as it gives me the experience I need which to become successful.