TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
All fair points. How have you seen the fundamental nature of your approach evolve?

Do you see the same respect for counts and averages holding true in your future's trading as it did with the FX markets?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
My two cents ... Move to trading Indices ... More ADR than forex
//----

that was quite a ride there.... bet you enjoyed that..... lol.....

i only watched..... know my place..... best time for me the is low volatility asian and london sessions.... just slow laid back trends....

the appeal in futures for me is apex and it's 20 accounts deal...... all i need is 50$ a day..... 20 accounts equates to 1000$ total a day.....

the occasional 200 or 300$ per account day is just a lucky bonus.....

tend to be flat well before any major news..... h
//------

5 2.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
All fair points. How have you seen the fundamental nature of your approach evolve?

Do you see the same respect for counts and averages holding true in your future's trading as it did with the FX markets?
//-----

would have to recode the counts and averages into mq5...... doubt i will ever do it.... it would remind me of mq4.....

just shootin from the hip, i'd say counts and averages for futures will be the same as forex..... counts and averages really don't change much....

have come up with another idea or 2 that is futures and mq5 specific.....
//-------

thought of something funny after i replied the other day, not only did i close the door and walk away from forex /mq4......

i bought all new computers just to be sure i don't waste time looking at the past.....

actually it was more like jumping off a cliff than closing a door.......h

//----

mnqm24-m1-amp-global-clearing.png

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
//-----

would have to recode the counts and averages into mq5...... doubt i will ever do it.... it would remind me of mq4.....

just shootin from the hip, i'd say counts and averages for futures will be the same as forex..... counts and averages really don't change much....

have come up with another idea or 2 that is futures and mq5 specific.....
//-------

thought of something funny after i replied the other day, not only did i close the door and walk away from forex /mq4......

i bought all new computers just to be sure i don't waste time looking at the past.....

actually it was more like jumping off a cliff than closing a door.......h

//----

mnqm24-m1-amp-global-clearing.png
I read this with bittersweetness. I won’t pretend to “know” you, but following you for so many years, I never would have thought I’d see you make such a move in totality.

I suppose my question was not about whether the counts change. Rather, do you still leverage counts of the technicals, or are you more closely watching news or other dynamics that affect futures that didn’t exist in the same way for Forex.

Also curious if futures still allows you to take your approach of stacking small orders, or if you are forced to take the approach of single entries and specific profit targets.

I saw you mentioned trading quiet hours, interesting.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I read this with bittersweetness. I won’t pretend to “know” you, but following you for so many years, I never would have thought I’d see you make such a move in totality.

I suppose my question was not about (1)whether the counts change. Rather, do you still leverage counts of the technicals, or (2)are you more closely watching news or other dynamics that affect futures that didn’t exist in the same way for Forex.

Also curious if futures still allows you to take your approach of (3)stacking small orders, or if you are forced to take the approach of single entries and specific profit targets.

I saw you mentioned (4)trading quiet hours, interesting.
//----

(1).... i would be comfortable saying the counts don't change.....

(2).... very careful what enters my mind..... never ever watch any news at all or read a newspaper..... don't even watch anything that has commercials.....

(3)..... i'm trading primarily 1 single micro future at a time but copying the same trade in all 20 accounts..... 1 is the smallest size available.....

(4).... the quiet hours are perfect for me ...... you are not trading against professionals and institutions..... really you are not trading against anyone.....

my goal is 50$..... so far today i'm little over 300...... times 20....... 6000$......

there is really no time to stack orders because everything must be flat by 4cst..... trades must be fast..... almost all are based on 1 minute chart....

as you know, i am most comfortable trading the smallest size available..... i'm sure people laugh ......

but that's just me......h
//-----

5 2 3.jpg

• 👍
Reactions: TradeChaser

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I saw you mentioned trading quiet hours, interesting.
//-----

the asian session fits our time zones...... during quiet times the market breathes in slow rhythmic waves..... it usually pauses a minute or two at the beginning and end of each breath allowing you time to get in correctly.....

i usually get up around 1am cst unless the current charts say keep sleeping.....

you can code alarms to wade you up at certain conditions......

such as if it is after 1am and the stochastic is below 20 and falling, the mfi is below 50 and falling but the jjma and jfatl have just turned up..... if i'm looking for buys the alarm will wake me up.....

actually there are more conditions than that but you get the idea.....

there is no point in me being awake if there is no point in me being awake......
//----

for buys on the 1 minute chart..... i'm looking for the stochastic rising from below 20, mfi rising from below 50, psar breaking up, tma turning up along with jjma and jfatl...... few other minor things......

the little mq5 dashboard lets me know where everything stands on 1 thru 1440..... the higher timeframes play their role.....

to get more trades visible this chart is 5 minute...... you should be able to envision the 1 minute at each arrow.....h
//------

mym.jpg

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
These are great insights. I like those charts.

Sometimes prop firms have a demo prior to the actual evaluation. Don’t see that with apex.

I’m curious if, in your walk away from forex, you found a way to demo trade indices in mq5? Before I pay apex a fee, I’d love to see that I stand a chance to make money demo trading!

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
not sure if anyone offers demos. i never looked.... .i just quit forex friday and was trading futures sunday......

the 25k fee with apex is only about 30$ per month till use pass with the 80% off..... once/if you pass , that fee stops..... there will be a data fee at that point..... but only 30$ a month till you pass.....

i know you have a house full, so let me know if the 30 is to much.....
//------

can you make money..... who can say.....

there are some things we both must except...... few people can trade the first 2 hours of the new york open..... don't even think about trying..... we are not professionals..... also, futures is much more time demanding than normal trading...... if you have a position on, you must be there.....

below is my apex for this week and also my small amp account..... amp this regular brokerage.....

apex profit was 536$ per account this week...... for the 20 accounts total little over 10 k..... amp account was 400$......

my goal is 5k a week, but i'd be completely happy with only 300$ total for the week.....

be sure to trade only a single micro at a time..... futures is more difficult than forex......h

//------
//------- amp account
//------

amp friday.jpg
//-----
//----- apex.....

friday.jpg

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
not sure if anyone offers demos. i never looked.... .i just quit forex friday and was trading futures sunday......

the 25k fee with apex is only about 30$ per month till use pass with the 80% off..... once/if you pass , that fee stops..... there will be a data fee at that point..... but only 30$ a month till you pass.....

i know you have a house full, so let me know if the 30 is to much.....
//------

I would be lying if I didn't tell you every penny was accounted for. But is $30 (or $60 for 2 months, $90 for 3, and so on) too much for an opportunity to participate in an industy that has as much upside as futures or other trading mechanisms? I'd probably feel foolish letting it go by.

apex profit was 536$ per account this week...... for the 20 accounts total little over 10 k..... amp account was 400$......
These are phenomenal results. You'll likely feel patronized by my next comment, but I appreciate the transparency with which you have shared so much of your trading journey. It always seemed like there were only 3 types that were in this game:
  • scammers - they seem to be everywhere
  • failures - stats will tell you this is 90% of them
  • the people consistently earning that don't feel the need to tell others - I can completely empathize with that.
Your transparency has been a big reason why I have followed you so intently. I don't doubt the statistics are against anyone jumping into the game of trading, but if the pie chart truly is divided between those that earn money and those that lose it, I know for a fact there is at least one legitimate earner that gives feedback and knowledge back to the community.
my goal is 5k a week, but i'd be completely happy with only 300$ total for the week.....

be sure to trade only a single micro at a time..... futures is more difficult than forex......h
I would be more than happy with this. I have gone onto Tradovate. Looks like they have their own demo system for a limited time. Hope to replicate your results soon.

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
How is the year going hayseed?

Also, checked your YT recently. Looks like Ll the videos are gone. Did you wipe your YT account? Did these videos go anywhere else?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
How is the year going hayseed?

Also, checked your YT recently. Looks like Ll the videos are gone. Did you wipe your YT account? Did these videos go anywhere else?
//----

so far so good ...... subject to change.......

trying to get those apex accounts up above 3000 profit in each before taking a payout..... if the daily charts ever give up should do it...... till then it's slow going......

yeah, my youtube venture is over...... moved all the videos to private.....

it was more of a experiment from long ago ..... second time actually.....h

//------
m6am24-m5-amp-global-clearing.png

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
That’s interesting to hear. Well, if you ever have another video you feel like making, I’ll be happy to view it. You pretty much taught me MQL4 and custom dashboard structure through those videos. You always have something worth sharing!