MT4 Moving Average Visual Indicator - IDEA

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
I am currently running two windows for each currency pair

1/ Showing the graph

2/ Showing the 20, 50 ,100, 150, 200 MA cloud looking and waiting for crossovers - H'mmm

So, what about a on main screen indicator highlighting such events - So I don't miss the "Black Swan" ?

EURUSD_plus3_50_zps25b4f75d.png

(1)

200MA_1_zpsf1592d6a.png

To be honest I could not decide if the numbers should run from left to right or right to left ?

(2)

200MA_2_zps6562249b.png

(3)

200MA_3_zpsf3d6d471.png

This is a 1/6 (or there abouts) section x 50% from my Moving Average Cloud.

Did think I could shrink the window and float it over the top of my main window - Not a chance !

HOW I SEE IT WORKING

When the 20 crosses the 50 it starts getting GREEN or RED - When 50 crosses 100 more GREENER or REDDER - When 100 crosses 150 more GREENER or REDDER - When 150 crosses 200 totally RED or GREEN

This is where I run into questions "How does it know which colour" - Is it going UP or DOWN - H'mmm

I am not suggesting I should have all three - These are just a result of me shaking my head when the light came on. There might well be something similar already out there - Be nice if there was ! - Anybody point me in the right direction ?

Top Right Corner is "currency1.mq4" indicator - What's the possibility of the same indicator showing the time frame (as shown courtesy of Paint) Not necessarily different colours ? BUT icing on the cake if it was possible !

OR

Creating a separate indicator to show current time frame ?

- Thank you for your consideration -

PS Just a thought following my umpteenth proof read - IF you are kind enough to build this indicator for me - Could call it BlackSwan.mq4 or TheBlackSwan.mq4 - neither showing on a google search.

The other modification (if possible) could become CurrencyTime.mq4 or TimeCurrency.mq4 - again neither showing on a google search.

Then again . . . If YOU build it - No reason why you shouldn't call it what YOU want.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Have a look at this attached beta. It is for MT5 and does not offer a nice icon to display signals, but it shows the level of the current and old crossovers.

Please check if the crossover logic is correct. Also, it looks like its signals aren't very good, even when all 5 MAs cross.

Attachments

• 5MA-Crossover_Beta.mq5
    5.3 KB · Views: 31

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Thank you Enivid for your time - unfortunately I have no experience with MT5. But reading between your lines it sounds very much like a non runner anyway.