Why trade in demo not feel any risk??

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I think you know the answer on this one. When you trade on demo account, you don't feel anything, because you do not use your money and you don't care if you lose the demo money.

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
A demo account uses virtual money and so will not make you feel anything when lost.

Last edited:

toretton

Trader
Aug 9, 2014
Italy, Milano
anyone who want to learn not on demo account can have a compromise. Try on mini or cent accounts with very small amounts of your money but this will help you save your money and feel real risk cuz losing your own money even in a small amounts is not very nice..

Azforex

Trader
Sep 3, 2013
Forex Market
anyone who want to learn not on demo account can have a compromise. Try on mini or cent accounts with very small amounts of your money but this will help you save your money and feel real risk cuz losing your own money even in a small amounts is not very nice..

I do agree with you that If you really want to test a profit or loss then try with small deposit.

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
A demo account is just that, it is there for you to practice with, learn the ropes, etc.
But you would need to trade on a live account for the valuable trading experience..

YEah there is no secrets revealed on demo, holy grail is after losing some deposits, frustrations etc. There is no way to go in profit without paying for education..

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
In demo the trader do not feel any risk because his money is not involve and i think that is why most newbie fail and lose money when trading on live account .In live account your money is involve you need to apply risk and money management in which many traders struggle to achieve.

limalima

Banned
Dec 10, 2014
I think you know the answer on this one. When you trade on demo account, you don't feel anything, because you do not use your money and you don't care if you lose the demo money.

Exactly...You are relaxed as anyone can be on any normal circumstance. You trade with ease, without fear.
But I think the best part of demo trading is to prepare one for real account. Though things would not go exactly the way it was with demo when you trade on real account, but it is definitely helpful when used well and at every opportunity.

Yuvalp

Trader
Dec 16, 2014
www.bankerssecretweapon.info
I always explain this to my students, trading demo account encouraging illusions because you feel safe...you know deeply you can't lose.
You have to trade at the beginning with the minimum amount which makes you uncomfortable when you lose, stay with this feeling again and again and if you will not run away from it this will be your first step to overcome your fear.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
I would say its the mind set that traders have in trading demo, coz its not real money and they feel its ok to just trade and trade despite the outcome, thats why traders are always reminded to treat demo money like real money, fear of losing is a big factor in determining the outcome of a trade, emotions, and another thing is there is a different between demo and live that most traders tend to neglect, sllippage execution and other factors that are missing from demo trading, so when trading live for the first time, start really small to get used tolive trading and the conditions that comes with it. happy holidays everyone.

Ahmer

Master Trader
Dec 26, 2014
www.icmarketsfx.com
Demo Account is only good for niwbie traders for first three months only. Trading micro lots on a small live account is even better. The best part of learning starts after wiping off your account quite a few times.

Nov 4, 2014
Risk is everywhere in the Forex market, and if a trader doesn't take risk then he can not survive in this market, so you should treat it similarly in demo account, if you don't take risk in demo then you will not be able to trade in real account, you should feel risk and loss in demo account, so that you may understand the situations in real accounts.

Azforex

Trader
Sep 3, 2013
Forex Market
Demo Account is only good for niwbie traders for first three months only. Trading micro lots on a small live account is even better. The best part of learning starts after wiping off your account quite a few times.

Not completely agree with you, Practice is always makes you perfect in any fields so never quit it.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
newbies or new traders should treat demo as real money to practice emotion control. and they should set their demo account to the desired amount they are planning to trade live with.

ESinvest

Feb 12, 2015
I guess the risk comes out when you trade with your real money, which is a huge mistake, because demo accounts give a great opportunity to test your skills and strategy with virtual money before moving to live environment, so people should take it as real as possible.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
yeah exactly, the fear of losing your precious money haha and the thought that it could be used for something else, thats why only trade what you can afford to lose.

markiva

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
May 9, 2015
In demo your money is not involved so you dont develop any emotional attachment when you are losing and there is no risk.

Alex Hoggarth

Trader
Mar 17, 2015
It is kind of human' percetion and factor - not to view demo as a real account and thus the demo capital must be seen as your own.